FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Started learning a new language

Chinmoy
Hello guys, I started learning Haskell a few days ago. Itis supposed to be a functional language, and by the name itself, there are loads of functions you need to remember! Kinda hard but fun when all yuo have to do is to put the proper data set at the proper place! Nothing else....atleast at this level.
People say it is important for the IT sector..lets see.
qedesigns
haskell?! never heard of it but learning a new language is very cool. i always say knowledge is power even if its just fro the fun of it. ENJOY.
MrBlueSky
Haskell is a nice language. It was the first functional language I learned, and I was suprised at this 'new' kind of programming. It takes a whole other approach to programming compared to imperative languages. Even compared to most other functional languages Haskell is special, because its one of the few functional languages which is 'pure' (lazy evaluation, no side-effects) and yet widely used. Haskell is very popular in academic circles; every university worth its salt has a course on Haskell in its computer science curriculum.

Which book are you using?
Entrepod
Cool, I've never heard of such a language either. What is the basic syntax similar to? I'm still a student, but I'm pretty interested in programming. Would like to learn more about prorgramming languages (: