FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

LOST: how lfar can they go?

qedesigns
...i'm thinkin season 6
TurtleShell
not sure what you're asking here. Do you mean, how far can they go and keep it good? Or just, how long will the series be? They've answered that question...I think it's got two more seasons left, but I don't remember anymore. Or do you mean, how weird can they get? How many characters will they kill off?
Indyan
Lost has a definite storyline. Thats why showrunners (Darlton pair) forced ABC to set a definite end date. Hence, ABC announced even before the end of S3 that lost would get 3 more seasons of 16 episodes each. Since, S4 was two episode short (had 15 episodes), S5 and S6 will now be 17 episodes each.
That's it!
gcaughill
Indyan wrote:
Lost has a definite storyline. Thats why showrunners (Darlton pair) forced ABC to set a definite end date. Hence, ABC announced even before the end of S3 that lost would get 3 more seasons of 16 episodes each. Since, S4 was two episode short (had 15 episodes), S5 and S6 will now be 17 episodes each.
That's it!

They are increasing the # of episodes for S5/S6.???? Woo hooo!!! That is great news. Very Happy

I just hope Ben gets back on the island where he is most at home.
apple
I soooooooooooo can't wait for S5.

anyone know when its starting?
McDucque
Not for a whiiiile, which is depressing.

From what I remember, the final seasons of LOST will run from February to.. May? of 2009 and 2010.

I can't have 8-month periods to be bummed about lost not being on.
apple
2009!!!!!

*cries*

noooooooooooooooooooooo

I'm gonna get the last 4 seasons on dvd and watch them over and over again till S5 begins. I CANNOT go on without LOST for soooooooo long!
Indyan
McDucque wrote:
Not for a whiiiile, which is depressing.

From what I remember, the final seasons of LOST will run from February to.. May? of 2009 and 2010.

I can't have 8-month periods to be bummed about lost not being on.

Correct. S5 starts Feb 09.
Dean_The_Great
Yeah, the definite end date for Lost was a great idea. That way fans can keep watching knowing they won't have to put up with a 10:1 Question to Answer ratio forever.
maryamahmed
And so it is the same with LOST. Like all the other great and popular shows before it (Friends, Fresh Prince, Six feet under, Soporanos, grey's anatomy etc.), it seems like 6 solid seasons is the best benchmark for many great shows in history. The benefits of this are that actors and actresses can plan their futures with certain marked dates and can end the show on a high note - which is important for their future careers and reputation. It also helps the show move along and answers questions for the audience which might otherwise have never been known had the show gone on and on. So May 2010 is the end date.

I do hope that the creators of lost come up with a similar adventure-like show after it though, because LOST has changed my TV programming standards forever!
Indyan
The main guy behind the concept of Lost, JJ Abrams is launching a show called Fringe this year. The pilot has been leaked on to the net. It's supposed to be big. They spent 10 million $ on just the first episode. It's totally sci-fi though, so you may or may not like it.
carl_fernandes
will season 6 be the last season or are there more seasons planned for this series ?
Fake
The lamest show in recent tv history
Indyan
Fake wrote:

More like the most intelligent show in TV History. I read in wikipedia that LOST found itself in the top 5 of every critics list of top shows this season.
apple
Fake wrote:

you may feel so...I guess what you're really trying to say is you don't understand the show.
joharin
Fake wrote:

I wanted to agree with you, but you went a bit too far there by using that 'lamest' word... Twisted Evil

I have tried few times to watch LOST, even during the first season. However, until now, I can't find any good reason to watch it.

Even the title says it all. LOST.

I don't like the storyline at the first place. It's too cliche, having few people stranded in an island of nowhere. Island that is full of mysterious things.

I rarely watch TV, so I always make sure that it is worthy to watch tv whenever I have the time.

4/10....Wink