FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How do you choose your job?

How do you choose your job
Job = Money
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Job = Pleasure of working
75%
 75%  [ 6 ]
Job = Only Survival
25%
 25%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 8

ciureanuc
I have a relative who is electrical engineer... He said that the job is not so important, the most important is how much money can you make with your job... He is ready to quit engineering for bartending if the last position will offer him more money (double or else).
I don't know... what do you think about this ideas??
SamiTheBerber
ciureanuc wrote:
I have a relative who is electrical engineer... He said that the job is not so important, the most important is how much money can you make with your job... He is ready to quit engineering for bartending if the last position will offer him more money (double or else).

I chose 'Pleasure of Working', because the pay is good in the field. However some things aren't so nice to do. I'm pleased, when I'm learning, and in interesting job I will learn new things.
r4inm4ker
I try to balance the between the kind of work i like and the amount of income. Of course it's not easy. Sometimes this kind of job is just not available. But I'm fortunate to find it. So right now I'm enjoying my job although the money part is not very good. I've a chance to get more money at other companies, but i don't think I'll enjoy it at all, so i just turned them down.
When you have the passion for your work, You'll find it very enjoyable, and achieve great results(not always in term of money).
deanhills
ciureanuc wrote:

I think he can make a lot of money as an electrical engineer, but like any profession he would need to get some experience first. Once he has specialized in a niche market, and he is in demand, he will be able to earn lots of money and he can start his own business. Have both the satisfaction of doing what he loves to do and earn top dollars.

But having said that, maybe he likes bartending. Bartending can be loads of fun and I know of good friends who have made it into a millionnaire business and own a few pubs and many properties. They love good pubs and their personal touch is every where. They started bartending, then got together and bought their first pub. After a while it did so well that they cloned it. The couple have children and now some of the children are managing their own pubs. Became a family business. In the process they were also lucky as they bought lots of property to put the pubs on, and with the last boom managed to sell some of it. They are doing well beyond anyone's dreams, but bottomline is that they really enjoyed doing it. The husband is good at bartending and the wife good at managing the businesses, excellent partnership and enjoyment out of doing it.
bigt
I chose Pleasure of Working b/c I would rather love to work and not be stressed out than dread going to work everyday. I just took a new job that was like a lateral transfer as far as money is concerned, but it was a good career move and the job is less stressful.
donnau
I voted only survival simply because at the time that was what I was doing. I had been a stay at home mom adn wife for over 22 years when I was thrown into the work force by a nasty divorce. I only had a HS education and some partime clerical work in the school system.

It was me against the world and I took the first thing that came up. It was a temp job working for a large company. That job worked into a permanent position after 2.5 years and I have since moved around the same company to my present position and have been here for 11 years. I am now looking forward to retirement in 8 years and enjoy my current position greatly.
iyepes
For me Job = Money and just survival are really near. A well paid job, which has no pleasure, it's as hard as a merely survival job.

When you have a survival job, that you can also enjoy, then it's not only survival.
ciureanuc
"For me Job = Money and just survival are really near. A well paid job, which has no pleasure, it's as hard as a merely survival job. When you have a survival job, that you can also enjoy, then it's not only survival."

I started the topic. Smile
When I said "job = money", I meant: "I like to be X but I chose Y because the money are much more. This mean: "I work hard... to spend my holidays in Canary Islands. I have a BIG Bentley and a HUGE house." That's why I don't change my job for Job = pleasure of working. Because, if I will work what I like, I will not be able to pay my HUGE house and the ladies. Smile
I figure that no Bentley owner will write to this topic but this was my idea... if yo will be able to choose your job, will you choose that?

Now, "Job = survival" mean: I don't care what I work, I need only to survive. I am a philosopher, I like to live all the holidays in tents and to contemplate nature... my main job is not so important (see Fight Club Smile )

"Job = pleasure of working" mean "I always wanted to work this job, I prepared 12 years to do that (in school), I studied and I will study with pleasure to fulfill my dream: THIS WORK".

It's ok now? Wink
deanhills
Survival. But trying to make it a pleasure while I am at it. Not always possible. But some days are good.