FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

electric bicycle

aswapathy
Which electric bicycle is the best? Is there a site somewhere with comparative reviews?
ccube921
Google it. Im sure itll come upo this is the INTERNET you can find 100 sites that will sell you the metal things on the back of the pencil, stop making so many topics and google it or use one!!
Gonzalo
Well, I think he may as well post without any problems looking for information any of us maybe can lend.
What΄s wrong with giving a hand?
ccube921
ask for it in one topic?? Like reviews or sumthing
airh3ad
sounds like nonsense to be part of this topic why not google it , maybe he trying to get sopme points here hehehe Razz
hunnyhiteshseth
First we need to know in which country are you living? Because brand's quality and price vary greatly between countries.
majiknight8
The schwinn Electric Scooter is an excellent electric bike tht you can sit on and ride if you are not going to be in the rain. It is very portable and can fold to transport the handle bars plus you can remove the seat so that you are able to move the bike in the back seat or a large trunk of a car. Lviing in a place where you can reach a dsetination in about 10-15 minutes is great for this type of electric bike. Its eectric rather that gas motor allows you to use it as a carry on bike in the metro system.

It has a mere 10-15 mph that it can go but if you are light weight like 160 lbs then it moves pretty quickly. the cons about the bike are the no rain use factor of course. It takes about an hour and a half to charge after a fifteen minute use. The cost is 300 dollars. A negative is the fact that the motor is connected to the bike so you need to be able to store the bike by the outlet. Another negative is that in order to keep the scooter or electric bike running you must turn the throttle.

Overall It was a nice experience till I went out in the rain. I've seen bikes that the battery disengages from the bike to charge. I purchased my bike 2nd had for $200.00 which really sweetened and sealed the deal.
molif
but why electric bike when u can have an actual motocycle..?

isn't that more.. oh what, motocycle is more dangerous..
airh3ad
much better to buy a motorcicle ..what if its bo electricty? i dnt believe this machine will be usedfull to us.
hunnyhiteshseth
Electric bikes have lower operational cost as cost of petrol is sky high these days plus they are also cleaner as compared to petrol bikes.
Tumbleweed
I want one that you can recharge by peddling..........ooooops Sorry maybe I should just use Google
the-guide
hunnyhiteshseth wrote:
Electric bikes have lower operational cost as cost of petrol is sky high these days plus they are also cleaner as compared to petrol bikes.

I agree with "hunnyhiteshseth", let's heal the world. Wink
aswapathy
You must be an idiot to think I haven't already done that. But you don't get what I'm looking for by googling. What you get is a bunch of people trying to sell me their crap. And to those who say I'm just looking for points, let me suggest that it is the idiots who say "google it" who are looking for easy points.
hofodomo01
Wait, electrical bikes? I'm both an Amerifag and I've been living under a rock for quite a while. Some people mentioned scooters, so I'm thinking either those things people ride in France, Italy, etc., or I'm thinking Segways. So is this like...a bicycle? But with SUPER POWERFUL ELECTRICAL ATTACHMENTS?!?!?
bonestorm74
Don't know but not a bad idea to look into with petrol prices going the way they are. Would certainly make a cheaper alternative to getting around the place.
ailema
is there really has an electric battery? havent seen that before
ankitdatashn
In India there is a hype created of electric bycycles and that should be done also to reduce the pollution. Here only Yo bykes (the name of the company I guess) are famous, don't remember any other competitor.

By The Way I am dissapointed by the fact that these bicycles offer very less coverage area when charged once, anyone time will better it!!...
linkmenot
aswapathy wrote:
Which electric bicycle is the best? Is there a site somewhere with comparative reviews?

wudnt that defeat d whole purpose...
friuser
I never actually heard of an electric bike until this thread and I still don't get the real advantage getting one. The electric bikes seem more heavy and cumbersome than a regular bike so you really have to want it because your regular bike doesn't get you to where you need to go and a moped is just a bit too expensive and more bulky than what you really need. Even still the price for an electric bike that actually looks like a bike is more expensive than I would buy. Unless people are talking about mopeds or electric bikes that don't look a bike can someone enlight me if you have one under what conditions would make it worthwhile to convert a bike to an electric bike.
marrs
The schwinn scooter is fine, pretty fast. But mine only goes 2 miles tops before it is completely dead, and it will shut off on it's own for no reason. I've tried reaching CS by phone - on hold for an hour never reaching a human, by email - 'we no longer process CS by email, you must call.' So basically you're out of luck now if you have any problems, and lots seem to have problems.
chatrack
In our native place there is Yoo bike, just like a small scooter...runs max 40km/hr
nice in look.... my friend tell me about it. it is good for girls only..so don't try if you are
looking for more power
gr8inferno
You can build your own.
Zombie
gr8 is right, you can build your own! But don't just slap a lawnmover motor onto your 10speed you need the right tools an equipment. You would probably be better off buying one before you make your own.
PatTheGreat42
I just want to use the word "ELECTROCYCLE!" in this conversation.
Thumpercats
Electiric bicicyles are great! My brother has one at his house. I've used it a couple times even though it is pink. They are fun to ride, and they can go pretty fast. My brother's actually reaches speeds of up to 40 mph with me on it. If his wife rides it she can get it to go around 50 mph! Yes I know there is a weight difference! lol
pashmina
By the way, what is the top speed that an electric bike can go. It's quite cheap at my place. Its about $250
molif
hahha... electrocycle.. that's sounds cute by the way..

I never come across that term before.. you might be the 1st to invent that word..
Diablosblizz
molif wrote:
but why electric bike when u can have an actual motocycle..?

isn't that more.. oh what, motocycle is more dangerous..

Few things about that, you could not have a motorcycle license to drive the bike around. Also, s/he could be to young to either afford a motorcycle yet alone ride it.

And no, I am not applying anything.
tony
this is just my opinion (no hard feelings ya)...:

why not ride a regular bike? its cheaper, its cleaner, its healthier..

what do you think?

i ride a regular bicycle Smile
evilryu530
electric bicycles are a great alternative, i dont know which one is the best. google it like the others said. but if you live in the city than thats great. ride your bike to work
jsarnold
I can't really see the point of an electric bike compared to a scooter or regular bike.

I have bought myself a really nice bike (a regular type), but everytime I chain it up somewhere for a few minutes it gets stolen. Well, I say every time - all three times. First time I take the bike out, lock it up - gone within minutes.

I bought 3 chains - all £30 each, different locks and keys, with chains running through wheels, round and through the frame, and round a lamp post. Ridiculous really.

So I stopped buying them, and have gone back to my environmentally unfriendly car.

My guess is that an electric bike would just get stolen even more quickly.

I think that until we have enough police on the streets to enable us to use our bikes safe in the knowledge that they're likely to still be there when we come out of the shop, most people will still use the car and sod the environment. That's certainly my view.
jopicard
I own an electric bike for about a month now, and I like it a lot, especially for going to work...

I have about 8.5km to ride from my home to my job, and I must climb up the hill for about half of the trip. So with the electrical motor, I'm never discouraged by the hill to go working on my bike. And with all the traffic in the morning and evening rush hour, it's the fastest way from point A to point B (including car and public transportation system.)

So in my case, for those reasons, , it was a good choice to buy an electric bicycle...
Ghost900
Electocycles are better if you are not going that far as they don't use petroleum and they are cleaner. When petroleum prices rose I saw a lot more people driving electric bicycles.

I personally don't own one but I imagine you could find reviews for them on Google or Live.com
silencet25
ccube921 wrote:
Google it. Im sure itll come upo this is the INTERNET you can find 100 sites that will sell you the metal things on the back of the pencil, stop making so many topics and google it or use one!!

**Agreed**
chatrack
Its a good choice,
you can google it localy to find suppliers.