FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Increase the number of posts?

Was it GOOD or BAD?
GOOD!
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
BAD!
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 5

Shuaib
I really think that the current number of minimum posts per month for free hosting is too little and that you should increase it.
LukeakaDanish
Why?
ocalhoun
Well, with more points per post than there used to be, you don't have to post as much as you used to.
But if the point drain were increased, you'd have to increase the maximum amount of points.

As always, a balance has to be kept between encouraging people to post more and 'forcing' people to post spam for points.
Ratmaster
ocalhoun wrote:
As always, a balance has to be kept between encouraging people to post more and 'forcing' people to post spam for points.

Yes, but if someone spams and a moderator deletes the post, the points and frih$ gained from that post will be removed. Razz
Shuaib
Quote:
Why?

This is just too easy!
rvec
Shuaib wrote:
Quote:
Why?

This is just too easy!

then answer it. It won't happen without an explanation.

and ocalhoun didn't we change the number of points you get to get it balanced? Wink
James007
Well, as an account creator I can tell you that I don't really like it when people stick to the minimum amount. I'd rather have them making a few more posts, so they at least give the impression of not caring about the post count.

If you change the minimum to 10 posts, it changes the whole situation quite a bit. Potentially good quality posters might get irritated about the fact they have to write 10 quality posts before they can join. As a whole, I'd rather see them making a few posts on a regular basis, clearly indicating to us they are active and will remain active, rather than a race to 10 ten posts. And yes it will encourage spamming, but it might also put spammers off... it's quite an ambiguous thing. Very Happy
Shewolf
Actually I find the posting/point system rather perfect, for my use. Sometimes I am really into posting, and sometimes i am not. Which does in general mean that from time to time I am able to produce some quality posts. It's easier to just write, knowing your points ain't that bad, than thinking "I have to make more posts, or my site will be gone!"
- I actually like these forums, you know Smile
sonam
I am not agree with Shuaib. If that is true why lot of members have zero or less points? The new members need time to see how is forums working, what is their faworite forum, how to post to get points, how often to post, etc. I know, this is not easy when you are new. With spam is hard to get enought points to save account. In other hand for old members is easy to create good and quality posts, and they don't need spam posts. Conclusion: increase of post will bring more spam (from new, but from old members, too) what is not intention of forums. Spamed forums is not good forums.

Sonam
Shuaib
I think that you are right. It has more disadvantages than advantages. So I would request someone to lock this topic as I think that we do not have anything more to discuss.
mathiaus
-close-