FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

I'm surprised with my site...

Da Rossa
Hi folks!
I created a directory in my site to put my class notes and published to my classmates to access. I do this since march. I then realised that much more people than I thought accessed it, what proves that they liked my idea!
The sad part is, I don't know how many hits I actually got; this is the end of the semester and holidays are close. Now, I'm curious to know how popular my site was exactly... but I didn't put any custom visitor counter.
Is there a way to know?

Tks!
RiCtee
I suggest you try out Google Analytics. It is by far the most comprehensive website visitor tracking tool that is free, I guess. All you need is to do is to make an account and then put your unique html code into your pages and hey presto, you can check out the number of visitors, pageviews, top content, landing pages, traffic sources, just to name a few. Check it out... it makes you feel like big brother.
rvec
in directadmin and cpanel it should somehow be possible to see your apache logs, with those some programs can make some nice looking stats. Download the logs to your pc and let one of those programs run over them.

http://alterwind-log-analyzer-lite.alterwind-software.qarchive.org/
that's one of those programs
jon_k
that is a very good idea maybe i should do that nice one
Da Rossa
I'm sorry but I'm so dumb for these solutions. Where are those old reliable counters (not shown to the public) ? Which one is a good one?
Tks!