FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


Where I Work





mattyj
Snapped a couple of photos on my way to work the other morning.

This is just outside of the town of Buchan in far eastern Victoria, Australia.

The town sits in a valley, and the fog sits over the town like a lake and looks really pretty

From the north side of the town



From the south side of town



Srs2388
That seems like a beautiful place to work.
I'd love working somewhere like that.
k_s_baskar
what a lucky man u are!
flowerpower
looks like a fantastic place!
mattyj
Thanks for the comments guys, it really is a beautiful spot over here, i only just moved here 2 months ago for work and i love it...
legion
Wow Shocked This is amazing. I remember seeing something similar this winter over my town. The fog wasn't that thick, like in your photos, but still it looked like a curtain.

In the second photo, those trees look like the back of the Loch Ness monster Cool .

Post more photos if you have.
Wink
frih
you live in a very cool place...
Ghost900
The first two images are the best, they look amazing with the blueish fog hanging over the town.

The other photos are nice as well but the first two are the best. Very pretty place. Very Happy
prithvi
The beauty of nature......
never seen a fog like that before.

You must be really enjoying going to work everyday, with a view like that to behold on the way.
Magicman
That's amazing. The fog looks just like water a lake. It would think that it really was just a lake if it weren't for the treetops peeking out over the fog.
[FuN]goku
kinda reminds me a bit of the movie 'The Mist' Razz , nah great pics though Smile
Kashinilaya
What a nice place to work!
bjwok
i thought i was looking at pics of lake jindabyne when i first opened this thread champ!
8166UY
What's your job btw? It really suggests you're some sort of ranger. Rolling Eyes
But it's a really nice setting and I would like to go there. The only problem is that it's probably taken very early. Wink
mattyj
bjwok wrote:
i thought i was looking at pics of lake jindabyne when i first opened this thread champ!


Not far from Jindabyne, keep going up the road they were taken on about 200kms Smile
mattyj
8166UY wrote:
What's your job btw? It really suggests you're some sort of ranger. Rolling Eyes
But it's a really nice setting and I would like to go there. The only problem is that it's probably taken very early. Wink


Believe it or not, i work at a mine (welll a Quarry anyway - a limestone one)

The photos were taken at about 6:45am, about 2kms down the road from the mine i work at
8166UY
Makes a nice contrast if you come out of your burrow after a few hours of working. But it kinda makes sense since most mines aren't placed in urbanized areas.
BTW, a limestone mine seems to me to be one of the best mines to work in. Much better than an bauxite or coal mine.
supply
good pictures!
SHARPBALL
those are like postcards
luky guy everyday georgeous scenery
its like living in a postcard
great shots.
mattyj
8166UY wrote:
Makes a nice contrast if you come out of your burrow after a few hours of working. But it kinda makes sense since most mines aren't placed in urbanized areas.
BTW, a limestone mine seems to me to be one of the best mines to work in. Much better than an bauxite or coal mine.


Hehe its not really a burrow, its an above ground mine, and i work in the office Wink IM the site safety coordinator

But youre right, we have coal mines in a nearby town, and my uncle worked at a Bauxite mine, wouldnt be very nice place to work
mattyj
SHARPBALL wrote:
those are like postcards
luky guy everyday georgeous scenery
its like living in a postcard
great shots.


It is a really pretty town, i only moved over here (its about 6 hrs from where i used to live) and i really like it!
Related topics
Do you give 100% at work ?
Cybot's Work
[RESOLVED] WHERE clause
Work from home
Paying for a little work!!!
Iran says will resume atomic work
New digital camera? Know how, where you can use it
Where you posting at?
What do you think about cheap labor
Where did life originated?
Where Do You Work, And What Do You Do?
where can we work online?
Where do you work?
facebook...!
Busy Day
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Frihost users -> Personal Pictures Gallery

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.