FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Popular web scripting language

webpagist81884
whats the most popular web scripting language as of now? From what I read php, asp.net, then java technologies. I am planning to learn php only because thats the most popular language from my findings, that a good choice?
Cddhesh
I find php as a simplest and efficient scripting language.But u cant do many things in php.Above that little tricky but more useful is jsp.These days you will find many private scripting languages(private meaning not standardized).Finally its interpretor who controls everything.Php has zend engine which is less efficient then jvm.All languages have their own advantages and disadvantages.Decide which to use depending on application.
alleycat
webpagist81884 wrote:
whats the most popular web scripting language as of now? From what I read php, asp.net, then java technologies. I am planning to learn php only because thats the most popular language from my findings, that a good choice?

Php is the best choice you have, definitely! Smile
leontius
Currently PHP is the best. If you look at the far future, however, you will want to learn Ruby on Rails / RoR. The languages PHP and java are not just "good" enough to do its job. (That's my personal opinion.)
ericf
PHP is good. I am personally a fan of writing the backend of things in a more structured language like writing in python, then installing mod_python and having it write the HTML dynamically. It's a more difficult set up, but the result is code that looks elegant and is easy to write in. (Ruby on Rails does a good job of this, as well. At this point, I'd say that is a good option.)
webpagist81884
tnkx for all your replies. I've been learning php since, and glad is started.
gtoroap
Yeah, PHP is better and easier web script language to learn... Also, you'll find a lot of documentation on Web or books. Good luck with PHP
Chinmoy
Anyone interested in ruby??It is grown to a platform now, not even a language. It is the best.
inganta_tarigan
When I was in high school, I learned programing language (Basica). After that I learned to Visual Basic, I can make a simple program using visual basic programing now.

Visual Basic and VB Scrip only a bit difference. I like VB Script
takashiro
I am learning PHP now. In my opinion, it must be the best choice. PHP script is easy to learn and really powerful.
jmlworld
webpagist81884 wrote:

I would recommend PHP, It is free to download, easy to learn, well documented and widely supported by thousands of web hosts. You are not alone in PHP and and there are millions of people who are willing to help you who are ready on the web development forums. PHP's friend, MySQL is there free and friendly, too.

So, PHP is a good start.

Java, is my second website programming choice, but it's not well documented. However, if you have some money in your pocket, you can buy books and try..

Next, you are free to learn ASP.NET, but, it is not good as the above. It's commercial and sometimes expensive. It's not as Popular as PHP, but you can give a try, too.

Good luck
snedan
if you want to be in high demand, then don't waste your time for PHP. I highly advice you to go with .NET platform (asp.net), and make sure you'll go with C# instead of childish VB. Also try to get into PERL. PERL developers are in high demand and 75k+/year is average salary for them.
hadzrul
Nowadays there are web frameworks that you can use to develop a web application. Maybe you can explore some of related framework based on your selected programming language.

For example, if you want to get along with PHP, try to study about any PHP framework on the Internet. So far, I only study 1 PHP framework called Symfony.

I'm a Java developer, so my knowledge more on Java. If you want to try develop your web application using Java, there are wide range of Java technologies that you can choose. Talk about framework, I would suggest Spring. Great framework so far!
pho3nixsky
I always thought it was javascript >.> I mean ive been studying coding for a long time but php occured to me as a 2nd basis thing.
leontius
Chinmoy wrote:
Anyone interested in ruby??It is grown to a platform now, not even a language. It is the best.

Technically ruby is the language and Ruby on Rails is the platform. Yes it might be the one with a good future!

snedan wrote:
if you want to be in high demand, then don't waste your time for PHP. I highly advice you to go with .NET platform (asp.net), and make sure you'll go with C# instead of childish VB. Also try to get into PERL. PERL developers are in high demand and 75k+/year is average salary for them.

I think demand for .NET and Java is about the same...? PHP demand is only for small business because people has the impression that PHP does not scale that much (although wikipedia is in PHP, yes...). Although perl is very popular in the past, nowadays it is used only in legacy apps, not new ones (maybe that's why perl programmers are very expensive --- not very sustainable).

But the thing is, whatever the language is, it does not matter at all. A good programmer will always be able to learn and code in any language within a few days (although they might be doing it grudgingly). And a better programmer knows a lot of languages so that he/she can choose which language and which platform suits a project requirement best.