FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Nominate someone for President

deanhills
Let's pretend that there are no candidates for President yet. And you get the opportunity to nominate a candidate for US President. Who would you nominate and how do you think he/she would be good at it?
thadnation
dude, have you seen the topic i started about teens and politics? vote me!!
SonLight
I propose Condoleeza Rice (sp?) for president. I don't know enough about her to know if she is really qualified, but I believe she has integrity and initiative. At the moment she would have little chance to be elected if she were nominated, because she is so closely associated with the Bush administration's positions. Of course, she is morally obligated to either support Bush, or to resign if she cannot. It will be interesting to see where her political interests lie after the election.
mathiaus
Barack Obama.

A boring choice I know, but I'm a HUGE fan of the West Wing and Matthew Santos' character was based on Obama. I like the man (from what little I know) and his policies/ideals etc.

Me

I'd simply love the power Very Happy
johnny_metronome
I'd nominate Mike Gravel. There's someone who stands by his principles. An old man who doesn't take shit from anyone- other countries, big business, you name it. Too bad the media ran the election once again and didn't give my boy his due spotlight time...
Shewolf
I would like to nominate a decent professor in philosophy, who doesn't care about power, nor is able of abusing it. Period.
Or maybe Dalai Lama, or some other nice guy who is not willingly a part of that crazy game we call Politics.
farsheed
McCain, The best nominee.
gandalfthegrey
Ron Paul anyone? Rolling Eyes

I'd like to see a maverick and independent become President. I'd love to see Kinky Friedman become president. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinky_Friedman
liljp617
Richard Dawkins lol Smile

Or Colin Powell
ThePolemistis
gandalfthegrey wrote:

Ron Paul would have made an excellent leader.
The American constitution is a great thing, no doubt the best constitution ever written. That is what makes America so great. If every nation had that consitution and abided by it, I would say without a shadow of doubt that there would be peace in the world and justice and equality for all people.

Ron Paul would have ensured that America followed the very beautiful laws on which the nation's forefathers wrote.
It is a huge loss for America and people around the world, that he cannot be president.
deanhills
liljp617 wrote:

Or Colin Powell

So which one will be offended by being mentioned with the other? Richard Dawkins or Colin Powell, or both?

Not to mention the American people having a Brit for a President. Their reaction would be very interesting Smile

I actually like Colin Powell very much. Long time since there has been a President from the ranks of the military. Looks as though he is in between political parties however. Not happy with Bush and the invasion of Iraq and saying so publicly probably nixed him on that end. So who knows what the future will hold for him if he supports Obama.
truespeed
Now hes stepped down from microsoft.......Bill Gates.
liljp617
ThePolemistis wrote:
gandalfthegrey wrote:

Ron Paul would have made an excellent leader.
The American constitution is a great thing, no doubt the best constitution ever written. That is what makes America so great. If every nation had that consitution and abided by it, I would say without a shadow of doubt that there would be peace in the world and justice and equality for all people.

Ron Paul would have ensured that America followed the very beautiful laws on which the nation's forefathers wrote.
It is a huge loss for America and people around the world, that he cannot be president.

He was a cool "maverick" but deep down we all know he was pretty radical, ideological, out of touch with reality, and had some radical policy ideas that would have done great harm to the country and our foreign relations. He's the only Republican I liked to watch during the debates and he obviously had some good ideas and values toward the country, but him as President? No thank you. I'm happy he actually recognized that the US is partly responsible for modern day Islamic terrorism...something other Republicans laughed at him for saying. I like/liked him a lot, but he would have made a terrible President.
Moonspider
liljp617 wrote:
I'm happy he actually recognized that the US is partly responsible for modern day Islamic terrorism...

Sure. And that rape victim shouldn't have been wearing such a short skirt.

R,
M
hunnyhiteshseth
liljp617 wrote:

I second that. Laughing

How about Osama Bin Laden or Sadam Hussain

or may be our own Bonding!!
j_f_k
truespeed wrote:
Now hes stepped down from microsoft.......Bill Gates.

you are taking the pistachio, surely...