FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Spore Creature Creator

Nutteloos
It's out today! You can get a trial with about 25% of all the parts at Spore.com and the whole package should be in stores today!

Tell us what you think, maybe even share a couple of your creations?
rightclickscott

=D
selevan
Its damn great ! Smile
Wuppie
I played with it a little and the possibilities are endless, but it's boring to play the creature creator, I want the whole game!
Nutteloos
I agree - while it's certainly fun to come up with the most crazy creatures, one has to wonder what the actual game will be like.

Oh well, we'll just have to wait another 3 months I guess...
Haelyn
Grrrr. I have been waiting for this game for over a year now! They keep pushing back the release date. I wonder if it will actually come out like they promised in early fall, or if it is going to be moved again to later. I remember last september they said 1st quarter, now it is Fall.

Who knows I guess... but I will definately try out the character generator.
Ghengis
It's interesting, but I think it might have a bit of a steepish learning curve for the "casual" market. I mean, I had fun tinkering, but to really make it create what you had in mind, I think it would take some investment in really figuring out the tool.

I think the full game is going to be incredibly addictive, getting new parts and whatever the currency equivalent is to make a bigger, cooler creature. I'm really looking forward to it.

Now, I just have to pick what platform I want to play it on...
Wuppie
I have played around some more, and the creator is a bit buggy. Just make long legs, and above that a simple creature. If you then let the creature sit, it's bugging. I'll try to make a screenshot soon to make it clear.
kody
Nice... first post is a giant dick...

Where are the boob creatures, people?!
kerryworkman
kody wrote:
Nice... first post is a giant dick...

Where are the boob creatures, people?!

I thought you were making a comment about the person making the post, until I looked again. You are right it does look alot like a male body part located in the crotch region. Razz
Wuppie
Some people that made creatures that look like erotic zones of the human body were banned by the makers...
OsLendas
Wuppie wrote:
Some people that made creatures that look like erotic zones of the human body were banned by the makers...

Laughing Laughing Laughing , many of this creatures you can see on youtube, funny.
gugusm
Yeah, there are some films with em, not sure if it's on youtube though.
introvulc
Damn i my current pc can't even run the creator x_x

this game is gonna be awesome when it comes out!
rufa
Haha, yeah I tried it out as well. It's just great ^^ Very Happy.

I love all the possible ways you can customize your creature.. Can't wait for spore to get out!

Those erotic creatures, hahaha, can't stop laughing... Laughing
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
Why do we have to wait until september to play the whole game?... I enjoyed a lot the creature creator, and I just want to play with the ones I created!
Keran
I'm about to download the trial version, but one thing really strikes me here... Why the hell do we have to pay for this Creature Creator? It's stupid, isn't it better to wait for Spore to come out and play there? But maybe owning this will give You some better things in the full version to come out? ... As far as I see it now, it's a waste of money, but maybe I'm missing something.

Edit:
I've played the game and I must say it's pretty cool and fun ;] You can do whatever You want, I've never seen so much freedom in creating an ingame character, it's pretty awesome. Although it's too bad that You need to pay for it. For me this is more of a mini-game to pass time... Atleast good thing it's cheap.
McDucque
So essentially its just a demo of the character creator for this game that's getting WAY too much publicity and probably isn't going to be that great. It's got an interesting concept, and usual I'm all about games trying to be different, but this doesn't strike my interest at all. I don't see the appeal.

and charging for a creature creator, that isn't even 100% comprised, or with some sorta bonus parts?

lame.
Nameless
OsLendas wrote:
Wuppie wrote:

Laughing Laughing Laughing , many of this creatures you can see on youtube, funny.

They're funny maybe once, if you're immature, but I'll bet after a few dozen times it'll just get tedious. Rolling Eyes

I'm interested in the game, but I'm not even going to bother trying to run the creator on my shoddy laptop. I'll probably get it for the wii if I don't have a capable computer before then. >_>
Wuppie
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:
Why do we have to wait until september to play the whole game?...

They like to wait a few months to tease all the people that can't wait. Or they have to finish the game before they release it.
guissmo
What exactly is it about? It's like you have a pet or something?
erlendhg
Nameless wrote:
OsLendas wrote:
Wuppie wrote:

They're funny maybe once, if you're immature, but I'll bet after a few dozen times it'll just get tedious. Rolling Eyes

I'm interested in the game, but I'm not even going to bother trying to run the creator on my shoddy laptop. I'll probably get it for the wii if I don't have a capable computer before then. >_>

Yup, I agree. The creator might be entertaining the first few times, but then it will just get more annoying that you can't play the actual game.
Ghengis
guissmo wrote:
What exactly is it about? It's like you have a pet or something?

The short answer is no. If you mean the Creature Creator, it's a toolset to design an animated... uh, creature, with flesh you can mold like clay and body parts that pop on like Mr. Potato Head. The software turns this into a reasonably good-looking 3D model that can run, dance, clap, growl, etc.

If you mean Spore, well, you're taking creatures like this and playing through every stage of their evolution, from micro-organism to spacefaring super-civilization. It looks like it's going to be fun, if perhaps a bit daunting.