FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare

KSPKSP
I think thats the best FPS game ever created. Its single is sooooooooo best and so interesting. Every PC gamer must buy/get that game! Laughing Cool Cool Cool Shocked Shocked Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Vladalf
Call of Duty, Call of Duty: United Offensive and Call of Duty 2 are the best in the series in my oppinion. They ruined the multiplayer for old timers and fans of the first 3 games.
-Vladalf
thepringer
Just a pure awesome game
smvh321
love that game.....
filesharing
virtual war has never been so realistic - some love it, many hate it
Seiji
Its great playing it online, the single player campaign was pretty short.
filesharing
much harder than Battlefield or Rainbow Six, you need to practise a lot Very Happy
salemaj
Yeah it's absolutely phenomenal! what console you guys play it on? I play it on the Sony PS3 and it's absolutely fantastic Very Happy I didn't like the single-player mode a lot but I thought it's okay, but the multi-player is just amazing albeit some bugs here and there with the PlayStation Network. I hope they fix these errors.
spykE
It's a great game. The singleplayer is awesome, from the start till the end. It's thrilling and really compelling, keeps you playing till the end. Now I still play the multiplayer once in a while, I don't think there's a better multiplayer experience out there (besides HALO 3 on the xbox of course Smile).

Really anxiously waiting for Modern Warfare. The trailer looked really promising!
Techie87
I played COD4 online a lot , but it isn't my favourite game tbh. counter-strike for example has easier gameplay and is better ..
revani
CoD4 is one of the best Single Player shooter games i've ever played. Multiplayer is good too, but its story is really good. You even mourn about your friend (Gaz) Very Happy
rs3beta
im on call of duty online its brilliant im on my 7th prestige rank 27 at the mo best game there is thats shooting imo
ForceRun
They did a really good job on CoD4. The single-player is fun, different every level, and fast-placed. It is very short though at only 5 hours of game time. The AC-130 was a highlight for me, and also the last bonus mission, on the airliner. The Multiplayer is fun at first, but there are better. There is no real class system with out using a mod like Pam4. The team play is more based on individual skill and not at all on teamwork. But it is a fresh take on the basic FPS type of game and makes it fun with the achievements and ranks. We ran a CoD4 DOM 5vs5 tourney at our last LAN, and it was a lot of fun. We even watched the last two matches on the big projectors for the last little bit. My current favorite game is Team Fortress 2 by far though.
Azor
This is by far the best Call of Duty game i have played yet the action is unbeatable in my opinion
Elric
ForceRun wrote:
They did a really good job on CoD4. The single-player is fun, different every level, and fast-placed. It is very short though at only 5 hours of game time. The AC-130 was a highlight for me,

+1. Great game and like you, I really liked the AC-130 mission. The pilot commentary was really great on that scene.

I finished it on the X360 and normally I don't like FPS games on consoles but this one was great. This and Gears of War are my two favorite X360 games.
lethaltriad
Yeah it's one of my favourite games of the year, the gameplay is really great and the storyline gets you hooked into it very easily. I felt really apart of the missions and I loved the cut scenes/movie scenes in between gameplay to really get you embraced into the gameplay. One of my favourite parts was shooting down the helicopter and then having it crash right infront of me just barely grazing. It was kinda short though, was dissappointed when I completed it that i had to replay it on the hardest difficulty level.
Indyan
COD4 and BioShock were my fav games of 07.
COD4 reinvigorated the series which was tiring a bit due to very similar nature of gameplay in COD1, COD2 and COD2 exp pack.
Wuppie
I have bought the game last week and it is absolutely amazing. The story itself isn't very good, but all the action is great and it all looks amazing. I love the scene where the nuke explodes and all the helicopters crash.
And the multiplayer is very good too, hours of fun, and even for a new player easy to get some kills too. When I joined in a game for the first time I wasn't chance less against all those high ranked people.
pruch
I agree. Greatest FPS game I've played.
jon_k
i recently bought it for pc i wasnt to amazed with the PS3 version just seem to lag alot and other stuff :S but i like it on pc Very Happy
Sienile
In my gaming experience, I've realised one thing... Consoles suck. Every game I've ever played including CoD4 has been better on PC than any console. And think about it, on a console when you beat a SP only game, there's nothing left to do with it. On a PC, you can mod the hell out of it and have a completely new experience.
Wuppie
I hate all those players in online that are so experienced though. I don't play it very much online so I don't stand a chance against all those people. It's annoying.
KRGkill
is the best game created ever
Kelcey
I'm gonna get a chance to play it in a couple of weeks. I can't wait.
filesharing
[quote="Sienile"]In my gaming experience, I've realised one thing... Consoles suck. Every game I've ever played including CoD4 has been better on PC than any console. And think about it, on a console when you beat a SP only game, there's nothing left to do with it. On a PC, you can mod the hell out of it and have a completely new experience.[/quot]
right !
jambler
I have it for the 360 and I have a lot of fun playing it. My laptop can't really play it well and I enjoy shooters on the console, even if I do prefer them on pc. Plus a lot of my friends play it on 360 as well, so its fun to play with them.
Pikokola
/me loves the main story
But I prefer Counter Strike for multiplayer games.
absolution
i like COD4 very much but i dont think i could ever get into competitions with it, just because it isnt as fast a paced as what counterstrike is.
froy357
here in our area real gamers play COD and old school minded with low level pc specs maintains their list of web base browser games,,,hehehe
slashnburn99
like the way you start on level 1 and work up

one player good too

not enough hours in the day though

5 star game
msfuture
Yea i like the game much.
Nice graphics and the missions are awesome.
I got it on my xbox-360

I played it most with friend because i dotn like the single much its gets broig after a few hours playing
Guelila
I just finished the single player missions.
It was an AMAZING game play and I loved it Very Happy
Nice graphics, nice game play, nice missions, etc.

The only thing that disappointed me a little was that I felt that the game was too short. I finished it in two school days.. More missions would have been great Smile

I havent tried playing online yet. Will try it out soon.
seba3977
Call of duty, is 1 of the best xbox 360 games you can buy, its multiplayer functions are great, its an
all round great game Smile
Flakky
The downsides of MW is the short Single Player which is insanely great but get's bored after playing it a couple of times. The atmosphere is really great but gets a bit dull after a while. I would never play a different game if the sp of MW would be around the 50 hours of gameplay Razz Online is pretty cool but some guys you meet are just way too good for someone who plays online for the first time.
bernardnapoleon
though this game makes me dizzy. it is probably one of the best shooters to date.
funky_programmer
Yeah..I love this game! This is one of the best first person shooter game I've ever played.
At first I played the single player game and it was amazing to see that the game didn't stick with ground actions all the time, but also air actions as well, as in the mission when we're shooting from helicopter.

Now, I sometimes play the multiplayer game, with bots of course. I'm challenged to complete all the challenges in the multiplayer game, like the marksman challenge for each weapon, martyrdom challenge, etc.
pha-camot
i love this game and still wait for new series of COD Very Happy Very Happy
kingpurple
cod4 is probably the best game for xbox (apart from mabye fable2) the single player missions were a bit short but the online gameplay more than makes up for that
Faraz
This is the best game I've ever played. Simply loved it. The ending scene was just wow (when the guy slides you the gun to kill the villain).

Only drawback: It was damn too short! =(
moyyom
i'd have to say that this is by far my favorite game. Although I prefer it on XBox live. So many people play it to. Modern Warfare is definitely better than the new COD(created by a different company by the way)

the pure simplicity of this game makes it fun. It's much more simple yet still complicated enough that it doesn't get boring.
Spartan
I don't like the CoD multiplayer anymore. Single player's awesome, but multiplayer doesn't take a LOT of skill imo..
Kelcey
I finally got a chance at the game like a month ago and beat it single player. I didn't play the multiplayer (I typically never play competitive multiplayer in FPS games because... everyone is too good and I don't have time to get good). I liked the single player a lot. Though I didn't appreciate like, infinite respawning enemies until you rushed their hideouts. The enemies had crazy good aim too. But I really did like the game.
Blazole
Call of duty 4 is a great game. i actually like call of duty 5 better than call of duty four. However, i would like to see the maps from call of duty four in number 5.

they are just so much better.
Blazole
Call of duty 4 is a great game. i actually like call of duty 5 better than call of duty four. However, i would like to see the maps from call of duty four in number 5.

they are just so much better.
Skye001
CoD4 is way better than CoD5 - mainly due to 5 has limited weapons and WWII is so outdated! CoD4 bought 21st warfare to the home and it was epic...

loved the first player story mode the AC-130 imho was the best "Ka-boom", dont see why people are hating the multiplayer it was great each player was customisable and fun.

If you complain about experienced players - you need to start playing the game on a harder difficulty level.
Jamatu
I enjoyed this game as well, played it exclusively for about 3 months. I was excited when COD5 came out but in the end was dissapointed. I tried to force myself to play it to get used to the playstyle, graphics etc but it just didn't 'do it' for me! Roll on COD MW2!
ForceRun
It is a fun game, great single player, but like you said you can only play it a few times. The multi player is a ton of fun, give it a try. We just ran a COD4 tournement at our last lan, here is short youtube of the event:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AMst6SnXezk
Unknowntoaster
I know its mostly run and gun but its still fun..VERY fun.

I love the game so much..unfortunately, the ethernet port on my xbox360 is un-responsive so I cant go online anymore :[
traxion
slashnburn99 wrote:
like the way you start on level 1 and work up

one player good too

not enough hours in the day though

5 star game

jea the idee was good. but not new

the battlefield series had that for a long time, the same with the classes

i hope that cod6 (cod: mw2) is a mix of cod4 and killzone MP
the killzone MP is fsater then cod4 and that is much better. you keep the speed in the game which was also in the old COD and COD2 games
taytay
*I'm on Vista*

I started from call of duty 2 a few weeks ago, then decided to try out the original call of duty, which didn't last long because the graphics bugged me... lame excuse I know. If I had started with the original first I know i would have been able to make it through. BUT! then I beat 2 and went on to 4. Amazing! I just beat it today. Now I'm working on unlocking all the cheats.

My favorite level had to be when I was in the ghillie suit sniping around town. it took one retry to do the long range snipe, but I managed. Luckily I the shot was made a little easier when I took wind and gravity into count, which I never would have thought, but thanks to good old high school I've actually learned something useful, how to kill people in video games.....

Now on to number 5!

I'm curious to know if DirectX11 is going to make game at all More life like.

I also wonder how long until a video game looks Just it would IRL. I don't doubt that I'll live to see the day Razz
seannie
the first game I got when i bought my xbox360 was Call Of Duty 4, and that was roughly a year and a half ago i think, and up to this day I still play it regularly.
I've tried the new one, but IMO Call of Duty 4 is still better.
Smiddie
I Love the game very much! I have it on my Xbox 360. I first payed the Single Player but it was pretty short. Now i'm playing almost every day online
ForceRun
You guys ready for COD: Modern Warfare 2?
disturbedscape
I was just scrolling through the Games Section and I saw Call Of Duty 4, so I clicked it. Anyways, only a few words for COD4:
THE BEST FREAKIN' GAME OF THE YEAR!
AND THE BEST FPS OF ALL TIME!