FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Wii, PS3, X Box 360 > or PS2?

Which is the best?
PS2
7%
 7%  [ 1 ]
PS3
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
X box 360
21%
 21%  [ 3 ]
Wii
35%
 35%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 14

speeDemon
Well friends, I'm in a bit of confusion.
The best gaming consoles all around, are making a mess of my brain Confused

I have heard from many people that PS3 Is going to rule, but many say that PS2 is still in the gaming zone. Some say x-Box is good, some say Wii is. So I thought that it is time that we make the right decision. Here are the different features of the 4 consoles. Read about them, think, tell me If i am mistaken somewhere, and then decide.

-------
PS3
-------
Well, everybody thought that PS3 would rock the world, but it didn't really do much. It has got a 8GB blue ray, which can play big daddys! The best of graphics have been promised by sony, but not a very dramatic change has been seen. There are basically two down sides of this console. First of all its cost. It is about $500 U.S. No one wants to buy something worth that much! The other down side is that the variety of games is not as big as there should be. Only a certain number of games are availible, which can also be played at a 1/2 GB RAM computer with a 256 Mb Graphic card! The games are not that appealing. GTA 4 ofcourse may become a legend, but would you spend 500 dollars for only one game?? other than that the maintenence and all is good, so PS3 gets 4.5/5 according to me.

------------
X box 360
------------

It is another gaming console that the world wanted to get its hands on. The X-box 360, as heard by me, was scheduled to launch after the launch of the PS3, but because the owner thought it would be a better idea to launch it with PS3, it was launched before time. The x box provides you with a variety of games which is more than what you want. But the x box is great for FPS game players, it gives you just about everything. It comes at about $325 U.S. The staggering GTA 4 has also been launched on X box, so if you compare it with PS3, it is better by 0.01 points. But because it was launched before time, some problems are heard of by 90% of the users of X box 360. People say, that it you move the console to another place, while a game is in progress, the CD gets scratched. Other than that, if you are a person who plays 5 hrs a dy, some wires' insulatuion melts, which arises great problems. 2% users also complaint about the lense having problems. So after all that, X Box gets 4.2/5

----
Wii
----

Now Wii is a reat console if you dont really play 'kill the terrorist' games. If you are of about 10 - 15 in age, it will be heaven to you. The variety of games is good, though no realastic games are made. But mario, Mario Cart, Zelda, and all the other nintendo games are great. The variety is just increasing day by day. The remotes are one of the finest ones ever made by nintendo. Sensors give you a lifetime experience. It comes at about $300 U.S. Even Wii has faced technical problems though. But only 0.5% of the users have had problems. No one else ever registered a complaint! After all that the best part comes when you go online. You can instantly connect to the internet and in a click, you are already racing with 10 people from around the world!! With that, I will give Wii a 4.45/5

------
PS2
------

Lastly we come to the greatest shock the world got in the 90's end, The PS2! The PS2 was the best gaming console in the world for about 8 years. Even today the games are coming in at a rate of 5 games per month! The earlier records were set to about 15 games per month, but after the release of the PS3, it came down to 5. PS2 comes of about $145 U.S. This price is very low in comparison to the other consoles, so, it is quite reasonable. Even today, people are buying PS2s in a slow but steady pace. Games are still being manufactured, and the graphics are good too, so I would still advice a PS2 if you dont wanna spend much money. I would give PS2 4.3/5

After all that, the decision comes to you, if you want something new, I would say Wii or PS3, not X box. Other than that if you want a fine console with a reasonable price,:-- PS2! And if you can take very very very good care, then, a X box 360.

with that I come to the end of my forum, tell me about it if there are any wrong data feeds. And do vote for the console you like. Wink
spinout
I got it all exept the Wii... The PS2 is extinkt BUT you can buy the slim version (FANless also) to grab it with you on your hooliday !

the xbox 360.... ouch that was the worst - the framerate is awesome but.... the NOISE!!!!!!!!!!! and the heat!!!!! ouch really ouch. I had to wait until a could afford the :

PS3 - ahhh silence.... the 360 went out the window!!!!!!!!! now - some games have instable framerate - avoid them but go for the good ones and you have the best experience. And a free internet community. Of course you can watch a bluray movie also! I'm very happy with the PS3 - it was a good buy - still yet the cost.
HamsterMan
I love my Wii. The only problem I have with it is it's very limited online functions.
Ooh a couple of gametrailers, and Miis, and even voting on silly questions for kids.

It makes me feel like I'm being force fed everything by nintendo.
I mean for Pete's sake, just a single forum channel would be so totally awesome.
Zuex
PS3 owns, and i don't even own one.
eday2010
Quote:
Wii
----

Now Wii is a reat console if you dont really play 'kill the terrorist' games. If you are of about 10 - 15 in age, it will be heaven to you. The variety of games is good, though no realastic games are made. But mario, Mario Cart, Zelda, and all the other nintendo games are great.

Really? Manhunt 2 isn't "realistic"? Nor are the FIFA and Tiger Woods games? I guess they aren't realistic on the other consoles either then. Besides, why do games have to be realistic? They're GAMES. The last thing on a list of what most games should be is realistic. The first thing should be fun. All three systems have games that are fun and not realistic. Some games benefit from realistic graphics (Gran Tourismo, FIFA 0Cool, but a lot don't.

There is no "best" system. Each one appeals to different people for different reasons. A pointless question that will only get the gay fanboys out and scratching at each other like the girls they are.
enygmasoft
speeDemon wrote:
Well friends, I'm in a bit of confusion.
The best gaming consoles all around, are making a mess of my brain Confused

I have heard from many people that PS3 Is going to rule, but many say that PS2 is still in the gaming zone. Some say x-Box is good, some say Wii is. So I thought that it is time that we make the right decision. Here are the different features of the 4 consoles. Read about them, think, tell me If i am mistaken somewhere, and then decide.

-------
PS3
-------
Well, everybody thought that PS3 would rock the world, but it didn't really do much. It has got a 8GB blue ray, which can play big daddys! The best of graphics have been promised bya sony, but not a very dramatic change has been seen. There are basically two down sides of this console. First of all its cost. It is about $500 U.S. No one wants to buy something worth that much! The other down side is that the variety of games is not as big as there should be. Only a certain number of games are availible, which can also be played at a 1/2 GB RAM computer with a 256 Mb Graphic card! The games are not that appealing. GTA 4t ofcourse may become a legend, but would you spend 500 dollars for only one game?? other than that the maintenence and all is good, so PS3 gets 4.5/5 according to me.

Wink

I am curious, what type of tv do you use, because you will never be able to see the differebetwen the PS2 and PS3 if you use a 13" TV. Blow things up to a nice 40" screen and the difference becomes night and day. The bigger things get the more detail it takes to do them justice. I have PS 2 games that I use and you can tell the difference between both. Now as far as Blue Ray and DVD- Goes, i won't argue that the diffence between the 2 is suble. I can't argue that it is still hella expensive, but it made more sense for me to get the PS3 than a blue ray player, whihc only plays movies. The PS3 bang for the buck than the blue ray player. Actually now i have to sit close as possible, to see the real difference between dvd and bluerays. I am amazed at how clear the grass is on the lawn on a blueray movie. The sad part I was trying to remember the last time pretty grass was a selling point on any film. There was a ginormouse leap in image quality between the VCR and DVD movies. I was kinda expecting the same with the new video format. While it does deliver more clarity,the diffence between blue rays and DVD's is not all that big.
FileShare
PS3, I have all the consoles and the PS3 is the console that i have the most like to use her.
UntitledDocument
I have a Wii and 360.

-Wii-
The wii's online isn't that great but it is totally worth it! Resident Evil is probably one of the best graphics game on it which is a bit of a downfall for wii but who says graphics decide whether it's a good game?

Also the wii has variety. It's not just for hardcore gamers like the other systems, but it's for everyone! The price is phenomonon (around 150 which translates to about $300 I guess), and the virtual console and wiiware is awesome. Especially if you have found out how to use an SD card to get them for free Wink (illegally btw) Zelda is by far the best game for it for hardcore gamers. It almost tops ocarina of time, but if they were released at the same time, the new one would win obviously. Wii is for people who wanna have fun with their games.
9/10

-Xbox 360-
GREAT online play, downside is you have to pay extra for xbox live (gold). As it's microsoft obviously theres quite a few problems that people have had but this doesn't effect the majority, and the problems are probably only minor ones like not moving the xbox while playing a game. Not as fun as the wii, but more in depth and for the competitive type.
9/10

I would get both.

(and I have lol)
nkhot
i like ps3!!
filesharing
xbox360 - graphic similar to ps3 - although you see the diffrence on big displays in Full HD
but it's cheaper
spinout
the 360 is just crap!!! noisy, n gets too hot....
Mine went out the window when I got the ps3 40gb... ahh silence n quality!!!
pretty-dreamz
I chose the Wii. Because, of the fun of moving a remote around, but with the other consels you just sit there with a controller.
enygmasoft
I love PS3 for everything good it does. Xbox 360 sucks. the system has 4 gamepres I would buy which are Command and conquer 3, the expansio pack
perfect dark zero and ninja gaiden series. Halo is the worst game ever made. I dont think 5 games are worth it?
futurcat
Wii is comparable with PS3 and XBOX in playability. I am expecting next Nintendo console, to see if they breakthrough once more...
Hexes
My vote goes for Xbox 360. If we have kinect then we could have a great fun with a friends aswell!