FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Guitar Hero 4 is coming soon!

TheStig
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rvK-uq_qXs

Argh! Can't wait! I probably can't afford it though...
Dean_The_Great
Oooooh Man!

I think these games have some great tunes on them, and it's awesome to feel like you're playing them, even if guitar hero is NOTHING like real guitar. Oh well, It'll probably be for the PS3, so I'll have to wait to get it.
gmmunion
They are just ripping off Rock Band.
liljp617
gmmunion wrote:

GH came out quite a bit before Rock Band...??
deStructuralized
liljp617 wrote:
gmmunion wrote:

I think he's referring to the inclusion of drums

In all fairness you could say Rock Band ripped off of the original Guitar Hero game

But either way it doesn't matter

Games for each individual instrument were being pushed by Konami LONG before either of these game franchises were produced, with the exemption of bass which is basically a different type of guitar. Look into Guitar Freaks or Drum Mania. There was even a Karaoke one.

Bottom line is that these games are fun to play, and you don't have to pick between them at all. You can enjoy both.

The only thing that matters is that they keep innovating with each successive iteration, and GH4 does it with its composition suite.
Wuppie
gmmunion wrote:

That's only good for the buyers of the games. Rock Band and Guitar Hero need to keep imporving themselves, to keep selling the games, and the price of the game drops. So stop whining.
UntitledDocument
gmmunion wrote:

That's competition for ya Wink

But if this is cheaper then rockband it is a must have, and they have won the competition. TBH I can't see rockband competing now so if there were any plans to bring out another game, they might as well forget it.
gh0stface
deStructuralized wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
gmmunion wrote:

In all fairness you could say Rock Band ripped off of the original Guitar Hero game

Actually, the original creators of Rock Bank were the original creators of Guitar Hero. So it's hard to rip of your own idea Wink

Harmonix was the original developer for Guitar Hero before being bought out by MTV Networks. Activision bought out RedOctane, the makers of the instruments, who were then bought out by Activision and then had Neversoft take over development for Guitar Hero.
Insanity
They might have different focuses in terms of gameplay and songs, though. Like right now, Rock Band has more of an emphasis on modern day top 40 rock and such, while Guitar Hero tends to focus more on classic rock oldies instead.
haydxn
yup, gh0stface has it right; harmonix made Frequency, Amplitude, Guitar Hero 1/2 (actually the tech for it, and RedOctane 'did' guitar hero), and then were acquired by MTV for RockBand. Neversoft took over the GH name for GH3, and are now doing GH4.

Aside from the fact that GH4 is now doing other instruments too, the real controversy is how activision are not allowing GH3 controllers to be compatible with RockBand. Utter nonsense if you ask me, but it's their decision. The drum controller for GH4 looks a lot better than the RockBand one, though. More importantly though, GH4 does have something over RockBand, in that you can create your own songs within the game. That's pretty special, and there will be a full online infrastructure for sharing your creations.

Regardless, even RockBand wasn't the first; DrumMania and GuitarFreaks games have been around for quite a while.

IMHO, amplitude is much more fun than any of the rest. I wish Harmonix one day takes another trip down that route.
jon_k
i think it was funny when the headline was "our componets acctualy work" making fun of rockband lol that made my day i cant wait for it tho i just bought GH:OT and it was good for a ds game but GH:4(World Tour) should be awsome
lastelement0
jon_k wrote:
i think it was funny when the headline was "our componets acctualy work" making fun of rockband lol that made my day i cant wait for it tho i just bought GH:OT and it was good for a ds game but GH:4(World Tour) should be awsome

i just played GH:OT cuz my sister just purchased it for her DS and thats just asking for problems. The concept is good, how they implemented the whole idea was good with one problem. holding it. the way they suggest you hold it is not comfortable, but the way you end up holding it is painful after a few minutes of jammin. i only managed to play 2 songs before i had to call it quits. plus the fret board is a touch too small for my hand.

as for the whole RockBand GH debate, GH is first in that argument, i don't care if the developers of GH are responsible for rockband. I've played both versions on guitar and GH is the better experience in my eyes. i can;t wait for GH:World Tour to come out for even more fun
jon_k
i do agree that GH:OT could be better like better songs but at least if you want to play GH on the road u can now
deStructuralized
gh0stface wrote:
deStructuralized wrote:
liljp617 wrote:
gmmunion wrote:

Actually, the original creators of Rock Bank were the original creators of Guitar Hero. So it's hard to rip of your own idea Wink

Harmonix was the original developer for Guitar Hero before being bought out by MTV Networks. Activision bought out RedOctane, the makers of the instruments, who were then bought out by Activision and then had Neversoft take over development for Guitar Hero.

Quote:
But either way it doesn't matter

Games for each individual instrument were being pushed by Konami LONG before either of these game franchises were produced, with the exemption of bass which is basically a different type of guitar. Look into Guitar Freaks or Drum Mania. There was even a Karaoke one.

Really I was just trying to show how infinitely regressive the "A ripped off of B" argument was altogether Wink my mistake though, you are probably correct.
jon_k
well atleast GH components are good and work hopefully the drums will too but if mtv games tried to sew activisioon for drums they could do the same to mtv games bc activision has the rights to the guitar even tho mtv games where the original creators
Zachk
i know i can't wait.
driftingfe3s
I play rock band at my friend's place all the time and we usually all end up playing guitar hero 2 or 3 becuase we think the song selection is way better on there. I hear guitar hero: world tour will have a much better song selection, so I've made my decision to buy it instead of rockband.
spykE
Where I live they aren't releasing Rock Band bah. So I thought about purchasing it through play.com maybe, they are able to ship it to me and it won't cost that much more, but since Guitar Hero 4 is coming soon guess I'll better wait. After seeing the trailer about the drums it's really looking impressive, definately gonna go for Guitar Hero 4 World Tour after seeing that. When is it coming out now actually? November worldwide? I hope so Smile.

Though I hope the tracklist will be better compared to the previous Guitar Hero games. I mean Rock Band's tracklist is no match for Guitar Hero. Rock Band has so much more songs and better in my opinion, so I hope they do something about this. I'm also wondering if the Guitar Hero stuff will be compatible with Rock Band. I know Rock Band's drums will not be compatible since they are not sensitive and don't have enough buttons, but it could be that the Guitar Hero stuff will be compatible with Rock Band, would be nice.

Really looking forward to this one!
jon_k
why arnt they releasing it by you
spykE
No idea, it's not the only country in Europe where they aren't releasing it. I guess it's too expensive or something and they think there won't be enough people buying it perhaps.
Wuppie
I have read somewhere that it is because the rock band instruments are made in only 1 factory and that the production rate is too low at the moment.
AK47BLAZE
WTF?!??! It's called Guitar hero for a reason, don't add drums. They have Rock Band.
McDucque
spykE wrote:
After seeing the trailer about the drums it's really looking impressive, definately gonna go for Guitar Hero 4 World Tour after seeing that.

I'm also wondering if the Guitar Hero stuff will be compatible with Rock Band.

I know Rock Band's drums will not be compatible since they are not sensitive and don't have enough buttons, but it could be that the Guitar Hero stuff will be compatible with Rock Band, would be nice.

Really looking forward to this one!

Clarify some things, from that top. Rock band 2's limited edition drum set will feature detachable interchangeable cymbals that are duplicates of the 4 drumhead buttons, so you can use whichever ones you want, where you want them. AND the bass pedal is metal-reinforced, so no more breaks.

The peripherals SHOULD be interchangeable between games, not confirmed, probably wont be until release.

Also, Rock Band's drumset has been confirmed to be pressure sensitive, like GH:WT's