FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

BI-POLAR AND YOU

djcaution
I hate bipolar people that you really like and are awesome but then have their days when the f*ng monkey in their head flicks a f*ng switch at random and they're f*ng rude shitty people!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY when you get romantically involved with a person whom you've known for years but not well enough to be aware of said monkey in their heads that on complete random switches them to hate on you, hit on all your bros mode for a day, then they're a complete angel for days, then the monkey flicks the switch again. And before you say it, believe me, it IS for no reason. Nothing done at all, everything dandy, nothing whatsoever. Which would make you a ****** sucker to be romantically involved with of course, which you tell them (in more words) so they completely freak and talk shit about you to your friends to try to turn them against you. When you really like this person, and REALLY want to still be friends with them cuz they're really cool and you've known them forever, its just that you cant be sex friends anymore cuz its hurting my head and hurting the friendships I have with my bros when they obviously like the attention & seem to flirt back. I want nothing more than to not be enemies and be friends still but they're making it impossible... Crying or Very sad I'm starting to wonderif I should even bother...

input Question
raine dragon
well first of all, that was really hard to follow.

Secondly, Bipolar disorder is a mental disorder. The person who is bipolar doesn't have any control over their mood swings. It's a very difficult thing to feel out-of-control like that. Yelling at them for it, really doesn't help things, as it's something they can't control. Chances are, this person already feels bad about it.

That said, I would recomend being supportive and understanding. If you are not at a point in your life where you can handle such things with a mature, and understanding attitude, I would recomend not becoming romantically involved with this person. If you can't understand them, and be supportive, and instead react in anger, you really just will end up both being hurt by it.

It's a really hard place to be; I know. But, you have to keep in mind that the other person is struggling and that their actions are because of this disorder and not because they don't care about you, or because they are trying to hurt you.
deanhills
I can only imagine that it has to be hard to cope with someone who is bi-polar. As people like that are fantastic and completely charming and wonderful when they are on the up side. Yet when the mood happens, of course this completely turns them upside down and you with it.

Then there is also the case of people who label someone who is moody with bi-polar, without that person necessarily being bi-polar. Probably need to be careful with that, as there is a huge difference between a person who is moody and up and down, and a person who is really bi-polar.
myjourneytosuccess
hey all....my mom is severely bi-polar....the only thing you can do is be ultra patient with them and look for triggers which make the disorder flare up...for instance we NEVER discuss finances with her unless she has a question for us (she's our accountant, and yes there are a few jokes to be made about bi-polar accountants lol)

my advice is to make the most of the good days and be very understanding on the bad ones...and good luck Wink
Bonesy
I have BiPolar Disorder NOS, even though mine is not severe I have my days. Your post really made me sad. You have to know what you are getting into with someone with BP, if it's too much get out, and don't complain. It's not our fault we are the way we are, and you can't change it.

You have to be loving and patient with some who had BP. My ex husband couldn't stand me and he beat me. He should have said "I can't be with you anymore." OR SOMETHING! He was a jerk to me anyways, Now I am with a wonderful man who understands me, and I am so much better.
TBSC
As far as I know, the difference between bi-polar and mood swings is that the bi polar has really high highs defined as manic and really low lows defined as depression. Or is that manic depression. I dont know if they are the same thing.

Anyway the people one relates too can trigger mood swings. The person can be fine around others with normal mood levels and then when around or in close association with some type of person they would have more pronounced mood swings. Certain people can drive others crazy in other words. That is something that the people who drive others crazy can examine for themselves if they want to change, and many times that is not the case. I'm not saying that it the other person is the cause all the time, just in some cases.
weselldonkeys
djcaution wrote:
I hate bipolar people that you really like and are awesome but then have their days when the f*ng monkey in their head flicks a f*ng switch at random and they're f*ng rude shitty people!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY when you get romantically involved with a person whom you've known for years but not well enough to be aware of said monkey in their heads that on complete random switches them to hate on you, hit on all your bros mode for a day, then they're a complete angel for days, then the monkey flicks the switch again. And before you say it, believe me, it IS for no reason. Nothing done at all, everything dandy, nothing whatsoever. Which would make you a ****** sucker to be romantically involved with of course, which you tell them (in more words) so they completely freak and talk shit about you to your friends to try to turn them against you. When you really like this person, and REALLY want to still be friends with them cuz they're really cool and you've known them forever, its just that you cant be sex friends anymore cuz its hurting my head and hurting the friendships I have with my bros when they obviously like the attention & seem to flirt back. I want nothing more than to not be enemies and be friends still but they're making it impossible... Crying or Very sad I'm starting to wonderif I should even bother...

input Question

Hey!, I understand how you're feeling. Man... I know it is a mental disorder and that there all messed up in the head, there mentally unstabled and what not, but damnnn what the hell, you know? They don't prescribe medications for nothing, they should atleast help themselves and everyone around them by learning how to control their bipolar. Like, I had a friend, he was bipolar. I used to think he was cool and all, and then the more I got to learn about him and opened up, that fool started being an ass. Like, just because he's bipolar that gives him the right to treat me like crap or something. It got to the point where he started making up crap about me and telling people and making it okay for him to do that because he claims im spreading rumors about him. And then he would come to me appologizing, then he's not appologizing, he starts thinking its funny or something. I got fed up with that fool, I don't even see him at all.
Shewolf
TBSC wrote:
As far as I know, the difference between bi-polar and mood swings is that the bi polar has really high highs defined as manic and really low lows defined as depression. Or is that manic depression. I dont know if they are the same thing.

They are. Bipolar disorder is the modern term, and manic depression is the old one.

I read through the original post, and I really feel sorry for the both of you. The mood swings have possibly pushed you to a point where you don't know what to do. And this other person is probably aware of that, but can't help it.
Take a deep breath, and check if you do know this person. If you feel like you don't anymore, talk about it. And if you do, think about it.

You can't really control your feelings either, remember Wink
killerqueen
raine dragon wrote:

Secondly, Bipolar disorder is a mental disorder. The person who is bipolar doesn't have any control over their mood swings. It's a very difficult thing to feel out-of-control like that. Yelling at them for it, really doesn't help things, as it's something they can't control. Chances are, this person already feels bad about it.

Ditto. My mom is a psichologyst- but I'm pretty sure she suffers of Bipolar disorder. She can be the most amazing person on earth- but there are some times she bagins shouting at everyone, being mad over silly things, etc. It's really hard to watch and I'm always affected by her mood swings since she takes it on me Sad. But then she regrets it. Really.
johnstonv
I two have a mother with severe Bi-Polar and it can be hugely stressful. It is a matter of not taking anything that is said personally.

You need to think before you speak and try not to say things that can be taken the wrong way, mind you, mind you my mother takes a certain way I say something or a look in my eye to mean something quite ambiguous.

The big thing is not to let it get to you. Something said one day can be completely different the next. My motto is always forgive and forget Smile