FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Best time of day/week to resign?

When should I resign?
Now! (Tuesday morning)
20%
 20%  [ 1 ]
Later Today
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
This Friday
80%
 80%  [ 4 ]
This Monday
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 5

kody
So, I'm ready to accept a new position with a new company.

When should I resign? asap? asap, but end of day? Wait for the end of the week? Wait for the start of the next week?

Argh... I hate resigning from a job that's been good to you for so long... it's like breaking up with a longtime girlfriend or something.
xorcist
If you want a check for the rest of the week you should resign at the end of the week, so you can get paid for that week you worked. Start your new job on Monday. Its like you never missed a day of pay. But since you said you been with the current company for a while tell them before you leave and say you would like your last day to be friday or tell them you will be leaving Friday.
kody
For the record, I resigned in the afternoon today. I figure that with the 2 weeks of notice, that will mean my last day would be Monday, June 26th. However, since there's really no work that would get done on that one day, I'll just use up a holiday day for it. Or even better... call in sick! Smile
kody
Correction... Monday, June 23rd!
justtj
keep going office..
the day u get late for work, resign Razz
ciureanuc
The best moment for resigning is when you are hungry. Smile
The time (day, night, lunch time, monday, now) is really not important!
If you plan a resignation, try not to eat before present it. You senses will be tougher, the negotiation will be on your side... trust me, I test it. Smile
kody
Quitting at the end of the day was quite a good decision I think. It let me give 2 weeks notice so I could start at the new company when I needed to, and didn't cause any strange feelings for the rest of the day.

Started at the new job today and it's going great!