FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Ray Bradbury

aceventura2225
Has anybody ever read Ray Bradbury. He is a great Author. He wrote Fahrenheit 451 which we just read in class. Its a great book and if you never read it read it. If you have read it, let me know what you think! thanks.
sondosia
I've read it. I liked it, but Bradbury's writing style isn't my favorite. However, he has great imagination and it was a really thought-provoking book.
brokenadvice
I read it a few years back in school, and I really liked it. I liked the end, (I won't say too much) because it was still left open for the reader to decide what would happen next.
johnny99
i really like his books. i reread farenheit 451 recently, and read loads of his books years ago. i really like Something Wicked This Way Comes. I was reading The Billion Year Spree by Brian Aldiss recently (aldiss is currently my fav sci-fi (and general) writer) which is a book aboout sci-fi writers and he said of bradbury something to the effect that his writing is pre-pubertal - not that its childishly written but that the outlook/approach is rooted in childhood themes. he rarely touches on adult topics. thats not a criticism, just thought it was an interesting observation.
jmi256
I read the Martian Chronicles a few months back, and while it was hard to get into at first, I ended up loving the book. He's more of a poet in prose than "just" a writer. It made me want to read more from him, so I picked up Farenheit 451, which I also liked. I'm not sure what else of his I'll try next, though.

BTW...
If you like Bradbury, I suggest some Kurt Vonnegut. "Welcome to the Monkey House" is a great selection of short stories, and "Slaughterhouse 5" was a good, quick read.
Dean_The_Great
I've read 451. I really liked it. Guy is a great character and the circumstances and technology in his world are definitely poignant today.

I also enjoyed some short films he created on the reliance of our society on technology and such.
ato784
I never really cared for his writings although I do think that he is a good author. He is very imaginative.
Radar
If I've read any of his works, it's been in a short-story anthology that I've half-forgotten.

One of those authors whose work would probably be quite interesting to me, but that I've never actually read.
PlumbobGel
aceventura2225 wrote:
Has anybody ever read Ray Bradbury. He is a great Author. He wrote Fahrenheit 451 which we just read in class. Its a great book and if you never read it read it. If you have read it, let me know what you think! thanks.

I fell in LOVE with that book. The writing was gorgeous and the story imaginative. The character of Clarisse was my favorite. She reminded me SO much of Luna Lovegood. I wish we could have heard from her more though. My only qualm was the fact that she was in so little of the book, but she definitely made a huge impact on me.