FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mozilla Firefox

aceventura2225
I have Firefox browser. If I open it then close it then try to open it again it wont open. I have to pull up the task manager and go to processes and stop the firefox process which i see is running a high amount. Does anybody know why it wont reopen?
LukeakaDanish
Sounds like a memory leak. Try running is safe mode - if that fixes it, disable your plugins and then reenable them one by one till you find the one causing the problem. Remove it and you're good to go again.

If safe mode doesnt fix it try reinstalling or getting Firefox 3 RC 1...(i'm presuming your using Firefox 2, of course)
snowynight
have you tried uninstall and reinstall it£¿
i have software problem like that sometimes, and reinstall it accordingly.
AftershockVibe
Hmmm... do you have any addons installed? Try disabling anything extra and see if that resolves it.
marsupilami
aceventura2225 wrote:
I have Firefox browser. If I open it then close it then try to open it again it wont open. I have to pull up the task manager and go to processes and stop the firefox process which i see is running a high amount. Does anybody know why it wont reopen?

I think, that if your browser does not work properly as usual, I recommend you to get new version of your browser and reinstall it. Because of the new version (for ex : Firefox 3. Opera 9.5, IE 7) have all modifications, and fixes up to date. And plug ins for your browser easily downloaded from web absolutely free. I've used Firefox and Opera for many years, and have no complains about them, your situation I 've never met before, so that I don't know exactly what happened to your browser. Like mathematical problem , if you don't know exactly where the problem is, let's do it from the beginning - reinstall it Wink

Firefox is the best!!!
cvkien
try reinstall it, or probably your computer do not enough memory or you use any plugin. another thing is if you open pdf file in firefox, which firefox open the acrobat reader, it will make your browser crash too if you do not have enough memory.
bulek
It happens some times, but it shouldn't so often. Do you use Firefox 3 or Firefox 2?
swizzy
Post a list of addons that you are using, or more ideally a crash report if you use Firefox 3...
triniDj27
swizzy wrote:
Post a list of addons that you are using, or more ideally a crash report if you use Firefox 3...

Are you using a p2p program to d/load stuff?

I have found that, in some cases & depending on bandwith, when these p2p programs are in use they tend to "lag" the start up of browser programs.
dickyzin
I would just say do a clean install and see if it works. Make sure you download the latest version of Firefox which is 3.0.
ganesh
When I leave Firefox on for a long time, and it starts taking up lots of memory, I try to open TaskManager to find out how much CPU / Memory it is using. Sometimes it is lots. So, I close the Firefox window, and then the memory usage for the firefox.exe process reported by TaskManager slowly starts to go down bit by bit and finally the process disappears from the TaskManager window. This happens quite some time after the FIrefox window originally disappeared from the task bar!