FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Harry Potter HBP > ___ IS NOT DEAD (story revealed!!)

whplace
EDIT by tidruG:
WARNING: This thread gives away the secrets of the 6th book... Do NOT read further if you haven't read the book, and if you don't want anyone to give away the suspense for you!

Hey you guys i was searching the net i found this really awesome site.
It shows clues fro nooks ad corner of the newest HP book to show that DUMBLEDORE IS NOT DEAD and the snape is still in the good site.

Try this website you guys:

www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com
Its awesome

With regards,

Gnanaskandan
orno
lol...this is gonna bring hope and happiness to millions of readers around the world Laughing
davmcmul
listen man you've just made a big mistake.

1. you pretty much told everyone that dumbledore dies in HBP (i knew of course but pother people haven't read it)

and

2. you posted a new topic mentioning a site which had already been linked to in the ORIGINAL HBP thread.

i accept that this was probably an accident but it's still technically spam. Just don't do it again please.
tidruG
I have edited your subject so that people who haven't read the book won't know who dies.

However, davmcmul has a point, as in this link has already been provided by icy_crystal_angel in the original Official HP thread... however, it is likely that most people are not going to read all the posts in the Official thread, and this could create some interesting discussion... so I'll leave it unlocked.

However, davmcmul, a Thank You to you for your reply... I hope you post something about what you think about Dumbledore being dead now... Very Happy

Personally, I still think he's dead (Sorry people), but there could be chances of him surviving... though it effectively ruins the story... Harry needs to do somethings by himself... If Dumby (Sorry I'm calling him that, but his name is too long) was still alive, he'd have helped Harry too much in killing Voldemort.
xiaarra
well i have seen a lot of books in which stranger things have happened. like dudly becoming a wizard. and he and harry becoming friends......... in fact im thinking about putting up a website with those wonderful stories.
credo
Look he's dead alright. Everyone saw him dead. They laid his body to rest. It was his body.

I have known that he would die for some time before I read HBP - actually I thought he would die in Order of the Phoenix but instead it was Sirius. It's important for Harry's developement emotionally that his great hero die. It's a device used in lots of stories.

But yeah Snape is good. He killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's orders.
gh0stface
If J.K. Rowling brings back Dumbledore in a Gandalfish ways, I think many people are going to be extremely dissapointed. Me on the other hand, right now I don't know what to think.
Nameless
If Dumbledore is not dead I personally will burn my copy of the last book. DD HAD to die so that Harry Potter was forced to do his little quest thing. It would suck otherwise. If snape goes back good I will also burn the book because it will be so pathetic and cliche.

Actually, I'm just looking for an excuse to have a harry potter BBQ.
leone
credo wrote:
Look he's dead alright. Everyone saw him dead. They laid his body to rest. It was his body.

I have known that he would die for some time before I read HBP - actually I thought he would die in Order of the Phoenix but instead it was Sirius. It's important for Harry's developement emotionally that his great hero die. It's a device used in lots of stories.

I think you're making a big mistake telling everyone what is coming in the ew book because that looses the apitite or reading it and i wouldn't absolutley see the site.
Nameless
leone wrote:
credo wrote:

I think you're making a big mistake telling everyone what is coming in the ew book because that looses the apitite or reading it and i wouldn't absolutley see the site.

and you're probably wrong anyway!
coolpages
i have read the book and to me i think he really is dead. there is no way he is alive. besides Rowling has done alot of work.. written too many long story books of HP. Think she is now tired. (lol) Very Happy Very Happy

there has to be an end to HP. I think hes dead and this will be the last HP book....
sprinqles
Man, that one is pretty long. But its worth it. Smile
mark
Thats impossible. Dumbledore is dead. He cannot return and Snape is not on the good side. If that is not true, then JK Rowling had just dreamed up the story.
whplace
Hey sorry for revealing the secret. It was an accident. Please forgive me.
And anyway I pretty much think he is not dead.
If all of us have a little patience we will know...........
THE 7TH BOOk

Lets wait for it guys Razz
otaku
If you ever listened to mugglecast (http://www.mugglenet.com/mugglecast/) They talked about this.

There is no way dumbledore could still be alive. Even if snape didn't do the killing curse.

Credo:
Quote:
He killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's orders.
They said that he had a pac with dumbledore. The portrait on the wall confirms that he's dead.

Neutral Silence for Dumbledore.
pldunbaracademicteam
well i think that dumbledore is dead cuz harry is supposed to destroy voldemort without any help. and if u all didnt know, RAB is regulus black. yea i think evry1 knows that by now but just a heads up to u rare few that didnt know that. also, i believe that harry might be a horcrux. and whoevr started this category... awesome link. if you know that person who made it, tell them they did an awesome job
HimuraKiyone
credo wrote:

I definitely agree. I enjoy JK Rowling's deliberate way of making each book sequentially more mature. Harry must be able to deal with these trials as he grows. In order for Harry to become an adult, he must not rely on anyone anymore. Seeing how Dumbledore adds him influence to Harry's throughout the previous books, the next, and final book must be able to show us that Harry has learned enough to be on his own. Sort of like a graduation in a way. Dumbledore must be dead. It is his time. He has taught Harry quite a bit. Harry is like a successor to him.

On the subject of Snape, on the other hand, your guess is as good as mine. I think that he will prove to be good in the end. But I hate to say it.
Di
man, so many mixed answers.
i've been to that site before this thread (right after i finished HBP) and i thought it was really well done, whether it's true in the end or not. They must have done a lot of researching for it.
Even for the people who dont think DD will come back, it's still very convincing.
munkey_boy
i dont think dumbledore is dead you can also discuss this on my site Very Happy[/url]
dac_nip
this is impossible..his role in the book is already finished, he has nothing left to do. it is logical that he should be dead. rowling will not make him alive for sure because it will disappoint a lot of readers around the globe. this is just *****.
wumingsden
I think that before anybody should answer they should think strongly about the clues. There are a lot of them and with them all added it its quite a strong argument. We all know how Joanne likes to add her clues and we also know that there are alot of inconsistencies in the storylines which even she admits. All in all I'm about 99% sure that Dumbledore is dead which is a bit of a shame although I have to use the little common sense that I have.
rainbow
I think dumbledore's dead, but snape is still good.

For Dumbledore being dead - Avada Kedavra being cast on anyone's pretty much sentencing him to being dead. A portrait of him might show up, but he wont be coming back to life

For Snape being good - The entire time he was dueling Harry, he kept giving Harry hints on what to improve on, on what his weaknesses were. But he did it in a way so that he could blame it on arrogance. Also, he didnt kill harry (Or attempt to), but rather ran away.
papamurphy
I for one think Dumbledore is dead. Rowling could have brought Serious back if she had wanted to, but she did not. I do not know, however, that Snape is on Voldemort's side. The way Dumbledore was begging him, could have meant that he wanted Snape to kill him and not Draco. But we can only wait.
wumingsden
papamurphy wrote:
I for one think Dumbledore is dead. Rowling could have brought Serious back if she had wanted to, but she did not. I do not know, however, that Snape is on Voldemort's side. The way Dumbledore was begging him, could have meant that he wanted Snape to kill him and not Draco. But we can only wait.

There have been many hints that Serious (i don't think this is how you spell it but still) is not dead (or that there is a possibilty that he could come back). Examples are:

1) Conversation between Harry Potter and (Nearly Headless) Nick.

2) The power of the veil (curtain) in the Department of Mysteries and the "whispers" that Harry and Luna Lovegood could here

3) All of the hype that surrounded the power of the mirror that Harry recieved from Serious (sp?)

an there are probably many more. I think that both of them are dead though although except that theres a small possibilty that they could still be alive. I mean, there wasn't much need to add all of the question marks apart from causing confusion (or clues) in the real world and the torment that Harry Potter has to go through in the fictional world.
SunburnedCactus

This picture sums it all up, really. Very Happy
papamurphy
When Sirius was hit with that spell, Rowling did not specify what color he was hit with. It could have been a simple stunning spell, or the killing curse. I did a lot of reading on this subject before the sixth book came out. I don't think that she will bring either him or Dumbledore back. Oh yes, and Harry broke the mirror, so Sirius wouldn't be able to contact him even if he could.
wumingsden
papamurphy wrote:
When Sirius was hit with that spell, Rowling did not specify what color he was hit with. It could have been a simple stunning spell, or the killing curse. I did a lot of reading on this subject before the sixth book came out. I don't think that she will bring either him or Dumbledore back. Oh yes, and Harry broke the mirror, so Sirius wouldn't be able to contact him even if he could.

Quote:

Rowling did not specify what color he was hit with

It did actually, the actual quote "Only one pair was still battling, apparently unaware of the new arrival. Harry saw Sirius duck Bellatrix's jet of red light: he was laughing at her" [UK edition, pg 710, line 24]

and "The second jet of light hit him squarely on the chest"

Joanne didn't actually say that the spell killed him but more than hinted that it was the actual fall behind the veil which killed him.

Quote:
Oh yes, and Harry broke the mirror, so Sirius wouldn't be able to contact him even if he could.

I was talking about at the end of no. 5 when its mentioned. It is not yet broke so it must break in no.6 It mentioned on page 755 to 756
zjosie729
I know for sure that Dumbledore DID NOT die. My friend's mom is somewhat associated with J.K. Rowling, and she knows some of the 7th book.

(obviously I'm going to tell you what she knows.)
If you do not want to know what happens, or what my friend and her mom think happens in the seventh book, read no further.
Things in parentheses is what I think.

What happened might be that Dumbledore ACIDENTALLY killed someone, and made a horcruxe for himself. (Or maybe Killing a Horcruxe can give you half a horcruxe or something of the sort. Even though there's already a funeral for him, it still could be that the half-a-horcruxe or something of the sort doesn't work imediately, I mean, even a horcruxe takes time.)
leftofcenter
I think that Dumbledore is dead, but that site very much convinced me that Snape is not evil. (I have since gone on to right a really long, rambling rant about exactly why everything that happened on the night of Dumbledore's death was planned out by Snape and Dumbledore)

Harry needs to go on to defeat Voldemort without having anyone to 'save' him, which Dumbledore would have a problem refraining from. (He admitted it himself, he tries to protect Harry too much) Dumbledore served his purpose, and when JKR is done with a character, she kills them.
leftofcenter
Quote:
I know for sure that Dumbledore DID NOT die. My friend's mom is somewhat associated with J.K. Rowling, and she knows some of the 7th book.

I highly doubt this. JKR said herself that the only person she'll tell anything about the 7th book to is her husband, Neil, because he instantly forgets. JKR is so worried about privacy, that I doubt someone who is "somewhat" associated would know anything substansial. Not trying to call anyone a liar or anything. I just think that is misinformation.
sharibody
After re-reading the 6th book, I have come to several conclusions:

1. It was Dumbledore's idea that Snape should kill him:

First of all, Snape is a spy for the Order. In order to seem authentic in his reassociation with the Death Eaters, he must appear to be helping them. Agreeing to make the Unbreakable Vow makes even Bellatrix stop questioning him.

Secondly, there are several instances throughout the book where Harry sees Snape and Dumbledore quarrelling, one time when Snape says he will not do something.

Thirdly, when Snape is running away from Hogwarts, he does not shoot any harmful spells at Harry, only blocks the ones Harry is sending at him.

2. Dumbledore is dead, but not gone:

No one can survive the Avada Kedavra curse. Harry is the only wizard to ever survive, and that was because of his mother's love. Besides, if the curse didn't kill him, the fall definitely did.

Think about the portrait. Dumbledore was able to communicate with all the other headmasters in their portraits, so isn't it obvious that Harry will still be able to seek counsel from Dumbledore? So, while he may not be able to physically help Harry fight (which he can't do anyway, since Voldemort is all Harry's), he can still help Harry figure out the location of the final horcrux.

3. Speaking of Horcruxes:

The idea of a horcrux is murder. You cannot create a horcrux out of an accidental death. Dumbledore definitely does not have one, he is no murderer. And besides, that is dark magic, which Dumbledore doesn't use.

So, basically, anything can happen in the 7th book, and that's awesome. I like that we've been given clues without having the story ruined. Plus, I think that Regulus Black is going to have a part in Harry's life, which is cool.
monmon_monmon
if anyone wants to dissagree with me they wil have to go to www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com.

and read the secret riddles section
if you do not go to

www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com.

you are not sure that dumbledore is dead.

here are a few examples:

"Avada Kedavra's a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it -- you could all get your wands out now and point them at me and say the words, and I doubt I'd get so much as a nosebleed." (GoF pg 217/192)

therefore it is not true that none can survive the Avada Kedavra.

Hagrid was walking slowly up the aisle between the chairs. He was crying quite silently, his face gleaming with tears, and in his arms, wrapped in purple velvet spangled with golden stars, was what Harry knew to be Dumbledore's body. (HBP pg 643/599)

We never really see Dumbledore's body at the funeral. How do we know it was there at all?

i could not tell you the bits that go together with the other bits, because they are too long and they dont mean much on their own.
monmon_monmon
Dumbledore survived that fall. How? It is VERY clearly dicsribed at

www.DumbledoreIsNotDead.com

please do not use the guest submissions as an excuse to beleve dumbledore is dead. they are a load of rubbish.The death of dublrdore was intended and was a way of
H I D I N G
Dumbledore, which eliminates the theory that it would be a clice (i think that's how you spell it) if dumbledore is alive. Da Dada DA!
vlnjodie
Its interesting that I found this today because my friend just posted up a very complete and believable reason why Dumbledore could be still alive. I do think it is absolutly necessary for Harry to be alone while defeating Voldemort, but I'm not sure Dumbledore is really dead either. If you're interested in checking out the theory go to

http://www.antsaint.com

It's going to be published in two sections, one today and one tomorrow. All with evidence from the book supporting why he could still be alive.
TheDarkLord
QUOTE: If anyone wants to dissagree with me they wil have to go to www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com.

if you do not go to

here are a few examples:

"Avada Kedavra's a curse that needs a powerful bit of magic behind it -- you could all get your wands out now and point them at me and say the words, and I doubt I'd get so much as a nosebleed." (GoF pg 217/192)

Hagrid was walking slowly up the aisle between the chairs. He was crying quite silently, his face gleaming with tears, and in his arms, wrapped in purple velvet spangled with golden stars, was what Harry knew to be Dumbledore's body. (HBP pg 643/599)

We never really see Dumbledore's body at the funeral. How do we know it was there at all?

i could not tell you the bits that go together with the other bits, because they are too long and they dont mean much on their own.
------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, it's spelled cliche. Second, why don't people stop all their theories and just WAIT for book 7?
TheDarkLord
QUOTE: If anyone wants to dissagree with me they wil have to go to www.dumbledoreisnotdead.com.

if you do not go to

here are a few examples:

------------------------------------------------------------------

First off, it's spelled cliche. Second, why don't people stop all their theories and just WAIT for book 7? Wink
leftofcenter
Quote:

Yeah, I think that what is meant by noone can survive it is that no one can survive a correctly cast Avada Kedavra. I think Snape didn't really cast Avada Kedavra, but rather cast a nonverbal spell that shot Dumbledore off the tower, while covering it up with an Avada Kedavra. I think Dumbledore died from the fall, however.

Unless he was just badly hurt and Fawkes cured him. Wink

But I really think JKR has killed him. Harry needed to be out of Dumbledore's wing now.
decard cain
maybe he survived. even if he is dead ,he could come back as a ghost.
monmon_monmon
I think Dumbledore died from the fall, however.

Unless he was just badly hurt and Fawkes cured him. Wink

But I really think JKR has killed him. Harry needed to be out of Dumbledore's wing now.[/quote]
Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
The Website Dummy, The website! So you think, that you cannot soften a fall, even by magic? The Website Dummy, The website! so you think that you cannot fake your own death, even by magic? The Website Dummy, The website! SO, you think you cannot be healed from serious injories, Even by magic? The Website Dummy, The website! EVEN WITH THE AID OF A PHOENIX!? The Website, Dummy, The website!!! SO YOU THINK YOU CAN BE SURE THAT YOU CAN NOT READ ALL THE CLUES AND STILL THINK THAT DUMBLEDORE IS NOT DEAD, THE WEBSITE, DUMMY, THE WEBSITE!!!!!!!!

you are all, weirdos!! Empty Headed, Gum For Brains!! Numb-Sculled Pinheads!! but only if you think that dumbledore is dead before reading the entire contents of the website.

P.S 90% of the stubbornness in the world is in the goverment. Shame on you
HoboPelican
Jeez, do you guys think we are supposed to visit his website? Maybe I should visit the website. All my answers could be solved at the website. I will be happy and rich if I go to the website.

If it's so convincing, post it here in a concise form. Don't keep advertising your website.

Conjecture is great, isn't it? I am pretty sure Dumbledore isn't dead, and Snape is still a good guy(but the worst good guy ever!), but it's just a feeling. No matter what clues or justification you use, JK can make up her own magic, plot lines and things you didn't see in the books to make anything happen. Just gotta wait and see Very Happy
Nikkori
An interesting topic indeed! Even this topic have a spoiler for those who haven't read the sixth book yet (I hate to admit it but it includes me!). Harry Potter has now come to face his trial without Dumbledore's helping hand. Yeah, it's seems to me that it was planned by Dumbledore and Snape--that's why Dumblodore was begging Snape to kill him in the Forbidden Forest and Snape frowned--a frown that do not shows Enmity but Burden; because Snape find it difficult to do.
I have only read the Half-Blood Prince through the sites that has chapters summary. Even if they were just a summary, it had help me my urge to read the sixth book because I have no money to buy it(Oh no, that's sounded too far!).
Even though Dumbledore is not dead, at least he's got an excused to urge Harry to work and fight for his own...to SHOW THAT Harry Potter is a powerful wizard who will vanquish the Dark Lord!!
..and that the Dark Lord has got no choice, Harry Potter had thwarted him many times, just to took notice of the effect of Unicorn's blood Voldemort had drunk; that whoever drinks the unicorn's blood will live but will suffer the Curse!

...Oops! I've gone too far, sorry. Anyway, you know, I think the Curse effect on Voldemort is that Harry had always thwarted him....
Nice Topic, once again...
dac_nip
hoax. he is dead. that's it. period. his job is finished. he is no longer needed. besides it is JKR style. you cannot question that. just accept it. DUMBLEDORE IS DEAD! Confused
Awako
whplace wrote:
It shows clues fro nooks ad corner of the newest HP book to show that DUMBLEDORE IS NOT DEAD and the snape is still in the good site.

hmm.. do wish snape would be in good.
Will draco be all right ? I'm very anxious about him. Sad
Spe_eddy
hi, i am also very disappointed that Dumbledore is dead, and i think there can be no other solution, but some little part of me thinks he will come back in some form (probably just hope) we'll know when the next book comes out, (anyone know when?)
kutekitten
Dumbledore HAD to die, if he were still alive during the 7th book, then Harry would not be able to go off on his own. Harry had to figure out his own destiny, there were things that needed to happen, however much we hated it. He needed to lose the people he relied on, beat Voldemort on his own, or elsehe wouldn't be the Harry Potter we all know and love. Also, Dumbledore had to choose his death, it's in his nature, we all knew that if he were to die, it would be his choice, and it would be all planned out to benefit others.
Denvis
And Harry Potter wakes up from a 6 year coma realising everything he thought was real was only a dream.
georgeodowd
I find it interesting that people are continuing to hash over this long after the seventh book came out...