FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Why did not I remember earlier!

shkhanal
I happened to double click an icon that looked like folder but with an .exe icon when I was cleaning my pen drive removing all unnecessary files. Immediately, I realized that I made a mistake. I activated a virus. Then I started to find .exe files with the same name as that of my windows folder name. This gave a lot of problem.

I was almost about to format my computer and install everything fresh again. I was more than lucky that I found an article about the Windows Restore option. You can find this option in Programs >> Accessories >> System Tool >> System Recovery.

Just select a check point before your problem started and restore your computer back to that date. I did not lose any files nor my emails or web links. Only the problem was solved. I guess other operating systems too provide similar solutions.

Thanks to the system restore tool in Microsoft Windows!
sheedatali
Glad that you got it sorted mate, never trust anything on websites that you are not sure about, most sites are full of adware and tracking software designed to sit in the background and collect information about you at the very least, some is more dangerous that others.
ThePolemistis
shkhanal wrote:
I happened to double click an icon that looked like folder but with an .exe icon when I was cleaning my pen drive removing all unnecessary files. Immediately, I realized that I made a mistake. I activated a virus. Then I started to find .exe files with the same name as that of my windows folder name. This gave a lot of problem.

I was almost about to format my computer and install everything fresh again. I was more than lucky that I found an article about the Windows Restore option. You can find this option in Programs >> Accessories >> System Tool >> System Recovery.

Just select a check point before your problem started and restore your computer back to that date. I did not lose any files nor my emails or web links. Only the problem was solved. I guess other operating systems too provide similar solutions.

Thanks to the system restore tool in Microsoft Windows!

loll... i did that exactly some years back.. The thing was I knew it was a virus, and accidently clicked and I was like OMG noooooooooo....

and I was using Windows 2000 meaning NO system restore.

The result? I had to use BartPE and manually fix my computer (i.e. delete the files and fix the registry forr the menu iteems it deletes ie. folder options)

System Restore is a great feature of which was initially deployed with Windows ME and then subsequent Microsoft operating systems.
Arnie
How did the virus get on your pen drive in the first place?

And mind you, many viruses infect system restore as well. It's not designed to recover from virus infections but from faulty configuration changes (e.g. drivers) so you still need to check and clean your computer with a virus scanner.
shkhanal
Virus infection on pendrives is most common here in countries where pirated software are most common. The computer users do not afford the software and use pirated software.