FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Viva la Vida

Insanity
Has anyone here heard the new Coldplay singles yet? They're up on iTunes along with some exclusive tracks.

I thought it's quite a departure from their old hits, but they still sound great all the same. I'm trying to catch one of their shows this summer when they come to the US.
eznet
Yea, I acquired the album and like it quite a bit. I too felt that some of the tracks were a departure from their previous releases, but I like it just the same. I really like the beats on "Lost?" and "Yes!"; a bit more progressive when contrasted against their older works, but really good songs.

Have you checked out the album, or just a couple of songs?
rufa
I have just downloaded the new album aswell and I'm gonna listen it through soon. I do like the prereleased singles Viva la Vida and Violet Hill though so I hope the other tracks on the album is in the same quality...
Insanity
I've checked out the album and one thing I thought was particularly surprising was the number of bonus tracks / hidden tracks that were in the album. Instead of straight up 12 tracks on an album, they're merged into one super song. Personally, I found that annoying, as I like my songs nice and organized and easy to access.
IllusionSoftware
I really only listen to mostly Hip-Hop and Rap but I really enjoyed this song. Did you guys see it live at the MTV Movie Awards?
smurky182
Viva La Vida is a great album. I really like the new style of the band! It shows how much they've grown artistically! I mean it's amazing and you could just feel how much effort they've put in the album which even makes it better each time you listen to the album.
chartcentral
Viva La Vida the song is a nice and cool-sounding single! Smile
danhayes
I've listened to the album twice now, seems they have gone all religious. Sounds great though.
smurky182
danhayes wrote:
I've listened to the album twice now, seems they have gone all religious. Sounds great though.
yeah, especially in that song "cemeteries of London". the album sounds cool. I love it.
Insanity
IllusionSoftware wrote:
I really only listen to mostly Hip-Hop and Rap but I really enjoyed this song. Did you guys see it live at the MTV Movie Awards?

I saw it, but I must say that Chris Martin's performance that night was not his best.
lethaltriad
i'm coming up to atlanta tomorrow and i'll definately be picking up this album. I like the lead single off the album and if the other songs are on the same level of that i'm sure i'll enjoy the album. Always supported Coldplay albums! good stuff
deStructuralized
Some of you might be interested in checking this out:

http://blog.qn5.com/2008/general/music-natti-ruled-the-world-viva-la-vida-remix-produced-by-kno

In case you don't like rap or you feel turned off by the first verse, keep this in mind--there are two personas in this song, and the first is satirical.

The original is beautiful, but I enjoyed this as well.