FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

haven of metal fans

masterevil
Yeah guys, if you like metal, post something here. Advise or ask...
If anybody hasnt tried Blind guardian, Sepultura, cradle of filth, dark tranqu...(cannot remember the rest), Testament, therion, manowar, Pro pain, napalm death, that person made a big mistake.
I tried cradle of filth -- fear of the dark and nymphetamine. They are excellent. And nazi punks f.ck off -- napalm death.
Zibé
aaahhhh, napalm death !!!
what a great band !!

with their albums Scum, Enemey of the music business,
or the code is red... long live the code...
It's the best grind band with Nasum.

You have forgotten one band : CARCASS,
one of the greatest band of grindcore and death metal
tidruG
While searching, I found a lot of threads on Heavey Metal Music.... ranging from Progressive Metal to Rock Music to Metallica...
However, this one seemed a LOT like this thread: Please post here:

http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3477&highlight=metal

-locked-
tidruG
Just got this by PM:
masterevil wrote:
hi, you locked http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9380 but i dont think you should. in the link that you give, they listen to power and progressive metal. but in http://www.frihost.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=9380 , we listen to death metal, grindcore. they dont even consider grindcore a music style, so, how can we post something here?

I've re-opened the thread now.
Zibé
Mr. Green

It's right that there isn't many people who likes Grindcore Smile
Don't worry masterevil, I understand you...
But are we only 2 members listening to grindcore ???
no fans of carcass, Napalm death, Nasum or leng tch'e here ??? Crying or Very sad
althalus
I heard a song of Napalm Death some years ago and thought it was pretty good, but didn't do much about it. Now recently I got my hands on a dvd with them and I thought "what the heck, I'll try it out"... But I didn't find their music very good (dunno what the song was called that I had heard).

How does grindcore differ from death metal? I'm pretty bad at labeling what I listen to, it's either good or bad.. Wink
Zibé
Grindcore is a style separated of metal, grindcore isa sort of extreme hardcore... very fast drums, crazy guitars, and scream...
some bands : Nasum, Leng tch'e, Napalm, pig destroyer, rotten sound, cephalic carnage, Carcass ( first albums )

Death metal is a style of metal, with loud guitars generaly, and grunts : a guttural voice. It's not as fast as grind, but it's violent too.
Some bands : Dying fetus, suffocation, Avulsed, Nile, skinless.
masterevil
thanks about reopening.
Carcass -- heartwork is really good song. And marduk... They really rule. all of their songs are excellent.
I was downloading mp3 form delit.net (legal) They let a ip to only download 2 songs per day. Napalm death's album contains 56 songs! One of them is just "ROOOAAAARRRRRGGGHHHHH" 3 seconds... But they rule, thats for sure. The code is red.... Long live the code is really good.

Edit:
Hey guys, i have children of bodom -- oops i did it again (spears cover) and roots sepultura & pavarotti -- roots bloody roots. Tell me to send it to you if you want
Zibé
Laughing
I have heard the song of children of bodom... a great song !!! Mr. Green
But I haven't heard the song of sepultura and pavarotti...

masterevil --> Good luck for having old napalm death's albums Mr. Green
Vempyre
I listen to EVERYTHING!

I have loved carcass for a few years, Not a big fan of Napalm Death.

I love all of carcass song, but I prefer their Black star, Childs play and Keep on rotting in the free world area. I wound'nt say they're grindcore, more of Heavy Heavy Rock tuned to B (yes I play guitar).

But the music I'm really into at them momen't Would be Opeth, Cradle of Filth, Metallica (old, new sucks balls), Vital Remains (those that don't know them and like death metal this is as pure as it comes), Dark Tranq, etc, if you want a can post a list of over 2000 songs that I'm into atm.

Maybe you will find somthing you like.
Vempyre
CHILDREN OF BODOM!

Can't believe I forgot them! There singing/Guitarest is one of the greats guitarest I have ever seen, not to mention he is pritty sexy Wink .

Good songs by them, Children of bodom (self titled), Downfal, Needled 24/7, Evertime I die, 6 pounder, (silent night, bodom night), Lake Bodom. Thats just a few that I have, but I've herd everything buy them.
Zibé
Vempyre wrote:
I have loved carcass for a few years, Not a big fan of Napalm Death.

I love all of carcass song, but I prefer their Black star, Childs play and Keep on rotting in the free world area. I wound'nt say they're grindcore, more of Heavy Heavy Rock tuned to B (yes I play guitar).

Carcass played grindcore before death metal...
Their first album "reek of putrefaction" is a real old-school grindcore
album.
Vempyre
Yeah I know, didn't really like that album, and they're not death metal, they're a band that bridged the gap between heavy metal and rock with a really low sound (B). Confused
valo
In Flames - Death Metal
Hammerfall - Power Metal
Clawfinger - Rap-metal
Judas Priest - Good old british Tea-Metal Smile
Rammstein - Goth Metal

I like Metal, and these is my favouritebands by now.
Zibé
valo wrote:
In Flames - Death Metal
Hammerfall - Power Metal
Clawfinger - Rap-metal
Judas Priest - Good old british Tea-Metal Smile
Rammstein - Goth Metal

I like Metal, and these is my favouritebands by now.

I would put Rammstein as Indus-metal, but they've nothing goth...
In flames, i think they're more melodic death metal or metalcore now.
If you want tou hear real good death metal, listen to Avulsed,
Aborted or Benighted... they're great
ANGRA
I prefer heavy/power metal: Angra, Stratovarius, etc.

But I listen Sepultura and something of the good and 80's thrash metal Smile
Monochrome
Here's a Carcass and Nile fan.
Helios
helios.frihost.net
Metal-Zone..
i need employees =P

anyway, iron maiden rox
valo
Zibé wrote:

I would put Rammstein as Indus-metal, but they've nothing goth...

Don't you think? Well, you may be right, Rammstein may be Industrial Metal, but I would say that they have many songs that sounds very gothic...

Zibé wrote:
In flames, i think they're more melodic death metal or metalcore now.

Yes, you right again, but melodic death metal goes under Death Metal. Metalcore, ok, they may have 2 or 3 songs that sounds a little Metalcore, but the most songs from In Flames is Death Metal. You know, Hammerfall is not a Rock-Ballad band because thay have songs like Always Will Be and I belive... Smile

Zibé wrote:
If you want tou hear real good death metal, listen to Avulsed, Aborted or Benighted... they're great

Thank you for the tip! I'll listen to them.
masterevil
OH, cant believe i forgot opeth... One of their songs (black rose immortal) was made in 6 YEARS... Yeah, no mistake... Opeth isnt a normal band... You can see their talent in every seconds of their songs... Opeth rulez...
And dimmu borgir... I like them too...
valo
Yes, Dimmu Borgir are great. Those norwegians are fantastic!