FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

windows color schemes?

weableandbob
is there anywhere where I can download new color schemes for windows XP? I want something besides blue, olive green, and silver. Also, if you can, a quick guide on how to install them would be helpful. Thanks
lastelement0
im pretty sure googling windows themes will bring up results you are looking for. i know that alienware actually has a free software you can download and use their themes i dont know exactly how many of them there are pretty sharp looking.

other than that im not too sure, as i have switched to linux. lots and lots of different themes over here Smile
weableandbob
that's themes, but i kind of want just different colors.
{name here}
weableandbob wrote:
that's themes, but i kind of want just different colors.

At least in Windows versions 2000 and down, you can customize the color scheme right from the monitor control panel. I'm only certain it works in the classic theme.

Edit: You can do it from XP.
ThePolemistis
weableandbob wrote:
is there anywhere where I can download new color schemes for windows XP? I want something besides blue, olive green, and silver. Also, if you can, a quick guide on how to install them would be helpful. Thanks

Only with classic scheme you can.

It is possible with the Windows XP theme but unofficially, i.e. use a ripped version of uxtheme.dll from which u can add additional themes.
ddukki
You can always try shell or skinning your OS by downloading programs like Windowblinds ... but then you have to buy those xD
Diablosblizz
ddukki wrote:
You can always try shell or skinning your OS by downloading programs like Windowblinds ... but then you have to buy those xD

There is another way of doing it, and it's program free (other than the patch which if you get from the right source is free of all that "nasty stuff!"). The windows themes are ran off a DLL called uxtheme.dll. This DLL is easily patchable, which allows you to over right "windows themes only." You can then google for themes that will be downloadable and should be put in your C:\Windows\ folder.

Most of these themes have a readme, so read them first.
jackill
Rather google for "uxtheme multi patcher", more skins You can find at deviantart.com : http://browse.deviantart.com/customization/skins/windows/visualstyle/?order=9&alltime=yes
Wuppie
Is there no easy way to get color schemes?