FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How to calculate the number of points per post?

Klaw 2
How is the number of points per post calculated? Per word? letter? Can someone give me the formula? I was just wondering.
mathiaus
Its basically determined by the length of your post. You can therefore either make longer good posts, or post a pile of rubbish. If you choose the latter, you'll be caught, have your posts removed and be warned (several times and a possible ban). Choose the former and your on your way to points/$frih millionaires club!
Klaw 2
mathiaus wrote:
Its basically determined by the length of your post. You can therefore either make longer good posts, or post a pile of rubbish. If you choose the latter, you'll be caught, have your posts removed and be warned (several times and a possible ban). Choose the former and your on your way to points/$frih millionaires club!

I know, I have 500+ posts I'm not a newbie to this forum. I have noticed that the longer the post the more points I get.

But I want to know HOW it is calculated... the formula
tidruG
Quote:
the formula
Well, to be honest, I myself don't quite know the formula. Rest assured it's highly complicated and quite an algorithm in itself. First of all, there is a basic minimum amount you get per post, and then there's a fixed amount you get per character. Apart from that, no points/FRIH$ are given for anything in the quote tags, etc. etc.

You really can't define it exactly. It'll take too much time and too much effort to dig it up. Basically, we're using a modified Cash Mod for phpBB with our own customizations, so it's all quite complex.
rvec
It seems you get 0.0044 per character and 0.1716 for code tags(39 chars) (both together).
Code in the tags has the same rules as normal text outside.
url tags get you 11 characters (as expected).
an enter is 2 characters.
bold,underlined and italic tags are 0.1276 (29 chars)
quote tags and all the stuff between them gives you nothing.
the red color tag gives you 0.1804 and the others give you 0.0044 extra per extra char (blue is one char more, ao)

Also there is a max of 5 and a min of 1.
mOrpheuS
And ofcourse, any attempt at abusing the system results in a swift ban. Cool

Refer forum rules (1 k)