FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


the most hypocritical statement of 2008 so far





riyadh
barack obama has got it made for him now tht he has won the hearts of the jews in the US who are by the way the majoirty and his victory depends upon them bt by doing tht he has shown the world tht he is no better than bush.in a speech to the jewish communtiy, he stated tht jersulaem will not be divided...it belongs to israel and will stay tht way.just how hypocritical can a person get?jersulaem is as religious to us muslims than to jews.the dome rock is not jewish.it also contains things important to our religion.the US has brought this world to the edge.because of them oil prices are increasing like there's no tomorrow.there are food shortages because of bush's clever idea to use food as biofuel.when will the US stop this?things have gone far enough.our religion is as important as other religions in this world!!
ocalhoun
riyadh wrote:
jews in the US who are by the way the majoirty

Eh? That's the first I've heard of Jews being the majority in the USA. From personal experience, I'd say it would be more like 1/110 people in the US are Jewish.
Quote:
our religion is as important as other religions in this world!!

Just what religion would that be? And why must all religions be equally important? I'd say Buddhism is more important than a cult started by my next door neighbor with 3 members...
LumberJack
I thought the Jewish population in the US had very heavy influence in US politics. Their support is essential to a presidential candidate. Just as important as the those Christian special interest groups, maybe even more so...
liljp617
I don't see how it's hypocritical. Wrong, in my opinion, yes. But how is it hypocritical? He made a statement about his view on the state and future of Israel. As backwards as Obama's statement/opinion may be (in my eyes) I see no hypocrisy in them. Perhaps you used the wrong word? If you're looking for the US (and UN) to drop their endless, mindless backing of Israel, stop now...it won't happen. It's a fact that Israel is here to stay until the US is no longer present in the world (even though I think Israel should have recognized what they did wrong long ago and given back what wasn't there's...or at least done something to console the people of the homes they bulldozed and sent packing).

And I wouldn't stake my life on it because I haven't looked it up, but I'm fairly sure Jewish people in the US are not even close to a majority in terms of religion.
ccube921
Truth be told there are probably about 1m Jews in US and if they are religious the will probably NOT vote for Obama. and What endless mindless backing they are giving away land kicking people out that the Israelis took over after THEY in the 60s got attacked by the Arab countries in self defense they drove the Arab army out of Gaza and since no one was left there they took it. Now the Americans give away land the Israeli government persuaded and pushed its people to live in 30 years ago t face it Israel has what is theirs and US is giving it away. There is no "endless backing" the US wont even let Israel have a fair war against the Arabs, in the 60s Israel was about to take over Damascus after being attacked twice, and all of a sudden UN pops up "Wait, no more this is horrible EEEEEHHHHH!"
liljp617
The level of misinformation in that post is too difficult to handle. And please try to use punctuation or some type of structure, it took me 10 minutes to decipher what your point was.


Here's some of your endless backing: http://www.wrmea.com/html/us_aid_to_israel.htm

And some more...
Israel currently ignoring/violating 66 UN Resolutions, yet the US votes "No" on every single related UN Resolution that isn't 100% in favor of Israel:
http://www.wrmea.com/backissues/0393/9303040.htm
http://www.middleeastnews.com/unresolutionslist.html

Israeli government is a terrorist government as much as any (given the definition of terrorism = the systematic use of terror especially as a means of coercion):
http://www.middleeastnews.com/unresolutionslist.html
http://www.amnesty.org/en/library/info/MDE15/040/2004
http://www.amnesty.org/en/news-and-updates/feature-stories/israeli-army-destroys-palestinian-homes-20080214
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/1779713.stm
http://www.hrw.org/english/docs/2004/10/18/isrlpa9507.htm
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2007/feb/23/israelandthepalestinians.unitednations

And this, once again:
Quote:
c. 1900-1800 BC - Abraham leaves the town of Ur in Mesopotamia(Iraq- Sumer) for the "promised land." First mention of a "covenant" with God. Begins early Hebrew religion. Abraham now noted as the "father" of the three monotheistic religions. Settles in Canaan(Modern Day Israel)

c. 1700-1500 BC - Droughts force the pastoral Hebrews to relocate in Egypt. They become a large enough group in Lower Egypt to gain the notice of a pharaoh who enslaves them so they don't become a threat. (According to the Torah.)

c. 1280-1200 BC - Moses leads Hebrews out of slavery in Egypt. Fleeing from Ramses across the REED Sea(not Red in the Hebrew, only the mistranslated Greek) then cross through Moab, Sinai, and Midian on the Exodus looking for the "promised land." Moses receives the ten commandments and tells the Hebrews of his promise with God - to live in Israel - the promised land. (According to the Torah)

c. 1020 BC - Saul becomes first King of Israel, he is unable to win in warfare against the Philistines(hmmm????)

c. 1000 BC - David (slayer of Goliath) becomes King and begins to wage warfare in the name of "God," he is very successful in destroying the people who live in the region. Which, by the way, was a very fertile coastal plain in an otherwise barren land. Still, perhaps the choicest property in the Middle East.

c. 950 BC - Solomon (David's son) builds the Temple in Jerusalem. Known for his wisdom and taxes.

c. 920 BC - Solomon's death leads to revolt of people being heavily taxed. Northern part of Israel becomes "Israel", southern part becomes "Judah" (which is where the term Judaism and Jew comes from)

c. 720 BC - Assyria conquers Israel, leads many Israelites back to Mesopotamia in chains, those that aren't killed on the battlefield. The Assyrians were particularly deadly.

c. 587 BC - Babylonia under Nebuchadnezzar conquers Judah temple of Solomon is destroyed, Jews sent into Babylonian Exile. This is when the Torah(1st five books of the Bible - Genesis, Exodus, Leviticus, Numbers, and Deuteronomy) are written down by a scribe named Ezra. He returned to Israel in the 400's BC. Beginning of Jewish Diaspora.

c. 540-520 BC - Cyrus the Great of Persia allows Jews to return to Israel, but they were not allowed to govern themselves. Second temple built.

c. 180's BC - Hellenistic rulers from Syria take over and force Jews to believe in Greek Gods. The Maccabees revolt and redidicate the temple in Jerusalem. Hanukkah celebrates revolt in 164 BC.

c. 65-60 BC - Pompey (Roman general) conquers Israel. Second temple destroyed.

c. 35 BC - Herod rebuilds second temple

c. 4 BC-30 AD - life of Jesus

66-70 AD - Jewish revolt - capture of Jerusalem - temple destroyed (wailing/western wall is all that remains.) Jews are no longer permitted in Jerusalem. Second wave of diaspora.

c. 570-632 - life of Mohammed

638 Arabs conquer Jerusalem. Third and final wave of diaspora - Jews leave Israel and settle in other locales.

1930's-1940's - Jews begin to flee Nazi persecution in Europe and resettle in Palestine.

1948 - Israel becomes a state, displacing an entire people to move new migrants in. This is done with the help of the US, Europe and Britain. The Israelis evicted Palestinians from their houses and even to this day hoard their personal items confiscated over fifty years ago.

1949 - present - Jews continue to migrate to Israel and most do not recognize any claim by Palestinians. The Palestinians are treated as second class citizens, and the rule of Israeli law is nearly as bad as South African Apartheid.


(Don't have the original site)

And in most recent news, Israel says a preemptive attack on Iran is inevitable...and the US is perfectly okay with it. We won't let them have a war? They've sat in their nice Jewish state bombing the shit out of innocent civilians for years...just the same as the Palestinians. But the Palestinians are bloodthirsty terrorists who want to end the world...Israel is just defending itself (yet they commit the same atrocities). It's getting pretty old -.-

Hardly any of this even takes into account the current or most recent events in the situation which is further proof the Israeli government is as much a terrorist government as any could be. I could go on for a year, but it's fairly apparent you've made up your mind and choose to not look at anything on the other side of the argument. So let's end it here and just go our separate ways as the thread isn't really about this.
ccube921
Im sorry but your timeline is based on the most basic facts but details are totally wrong anmd they reinterpret your chronology, plus US cant kill Israel for doing something that is being done to them, and
Israel can do it only on a particularly small scale, plus arabs start always im no loner watching the topic and will not reply
CourtneysColumbines
riyadh wrote:
there are food shortages because of bush's clever idea to use food as biofuel.

I read that some praire grass is more efective than corn for making biofeul (Ducks Unlimeted) and they could also not have to strip the praire land, just cut it, like mowing your lawn.
smarter
How bombastic! Another hater spilling his venom!

Where is that hypocritical statement? If Barack Obama said something about Jerusalem, that's his opinion. Where is the hypocrisy? Hypocrisy is saying something and thinking/doing the opposite.

Yes, the support of the Jews is important for any American politician, but the Jews are just a minority in US (5 million out of the total 300 million Americans).

riyadh wrote:
the US has brought this world to the edge.because of them oil prices are increasing like there's no tomorrow.there are food shortages because of bush's clever idea to use food as biofuel.


LOL! As a matter of fact, the most important sellers of oil happen to have the same religion as you! Those are the ones who get richer and richer practically blackmailing the whole world. Blame them if you need to blame somebody!

About the food shortages in some countries, oh, yeah, Bush has ordered that all farmers should cultivate what he wants and all farmers followed his order! LOL!


PS: Please try to use some punctuation and spelling!
deanhills
riyadh wrote:
barack obama has got it made for him now tht he has won the hearts of the jews in the US who are by the way the majoirty and his victory depends upon them bt by doing tht he has shown the world tht he is no better than bush.in a speech to the jewish communtiy, he stated tht jersulaem will not be divided...it belongs to israel and will stay tht way.just how hypocritical can a person get?jersulaem is as religious to us muslims than to jews.the dome rock is not jewish.it also contains things important to our religion.the US has brought this world to the edge.because of them oil prices are increasing like there's no tomorrow.there are food shortages because of bush's clever idea to use food as biofuel.when will the US stop this?things have gone far enough.our religion is as important as other religions in this world!!


There seems to be much more than one statement in the statement and all of it very wild.

I do not believe the Jewish are in the majority in the United States. The 2006 American Jewish Yearbook estimated an American Jewish population of 6.4-million and if one looks at the total American population of about 300-million this is little more than 2 percent. Not nearly the majority. Interestingly enough, although not proven as for some reason it is difficult to estimate the Muslim population in the United States, but some have estimated the American Muslim population at 6-7-million. About the same as the Jewish population.

How does Obama's victory depend on the Jewish, especially if one looks at the numbers of the US population? And what is hypocritical about his statement? Does it conflict with any statement that he has made before?

Surely you cannot blame the US for high oil prices? I thought most of the oil was in the Middle East and that is where the prices are set? All of the countries in the world outside the Middle East are suffering as a result. Perhaps you need to motivate your statement better. Why would the US be blamed for high oil prices?

I believe Obama was addressing an American Jewish community, what has that got to do with any of the other religions of the world, he got invited to talk to an American Jewish community and he accepted the invitation? Have the American Muslims invited him to address one of their gatherings? And if he attended their gathering, would the American Catholics be regarded less important as a religion in the US?
ThePolemistis
deanhills wrote:

How does Obama's victory depend on the Jewish, especially if one looks at the numbers of the US population?


Maybe the poster forgot to mention the most influential lobby in American politics which is AIPAC - America's Pro-Israel Lobby.

There is no denying that extreme pro-Israel sentiments akin to pro-Zionism (declared racist in 1975 by the UN only to be overruled in 1991 under Bush senior) is found within the Whitehouse. And no doubt that American foriegn policy no matter who the president is, will be geared into helping Israel whatever the cost is. Afterall, Israel is the biggest recipitant of aid in the world, receiving over $4 billion from US Govt annually alone, this is higher than the entire African continent.

I very much doubt that ever there would exist a president of the United States that would ever speak against the atrocities commited by Israel. In fact, AIPAC is powerful enough to ensure that this does not happen. If you haven't heard of AIPAC, then you do not know American politics.
Related topics
Wirless controller help
Justification for War in Iraq
Boards of Canada
Intelligent Design?Or Evolution?
America and guns,
Suggestions of new forums, and subforums
Could the end of the world be near?
NAZIS
[Official] God - NO LONGER A STICKY
This is so absurd, i could not make it up
Tiller murder: FOX's O'Reilly responsible for the hate
God is good!
Eugenics and religion
Satanism
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> Lifestyle and News -> Discuss World News

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.