FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

How About "Regional" Category

neyconcepts
I sign up becausae of ads. I don't yet know anyone that's near my place. i live in the philippines but i don't know any Filipinos here.

Is there any "regional" categories here where topics are divided by countries?
rvec
only the language forums, but there is nothing for Philippines only. Maybe later if a lot of Filipinos join.
misterXY
Well i think he means just a separate listing of Asia, N. America, etc..
ocalhoun
You could have your own thread in the travel and countries area, but one of the great things about this place is the way it transcends regional and cultural barriers, why put them back up?
tidruG
No, we don't encourage such boards because they'll simply divide people. We'd rather have people from everywhere mix with each other in harmony. I don't think we're even likely to add more country or language-specific boards in the future.
Bockman
But if you really want to find other members from your country.. why not just search for it?

Using our forums SEARCH function (on the top of every page), I searched the word philippines, filtered to the Introductions forum and set the "display results as:" option to posts.

Quote:
Search found 69 matches

It really isn't that hard to find some of them... and even if some are duplicate posts, you're sure to find a few members from your country.

Be Well Cool
deanhills
ocalhoun wrote:
You could have your own thread in the travel and countries area, but one of the great things about this place is the way it transcends regional and cultural barriers, why put them back up?

I totally support this point of view. It is great not to have regional and cultural boundaries.