FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Who nominated McCain's kid?

PatTheGreat42
Alright, here's a fun question I thought of today:

To get into the Service Academies, Naval Academy included, you need to be nominated by a Senator, Congressmen, or, in rarer cases, the President or Vice President. Now, as we all know, Senator McCain's son is at the Naval Academy. So did Senator McCain nominate Midshipman McCain? If so, is that a conflict of interest? Furthermore, the way the nomination system works is that the Senator or Congressman can give the Naval Academy admissions office a list of like, 10 or so people that are okay by him, or he can give the admissions office a numbered list. If the number one guy on that list meets the qualifications (breathes, doesn't have a kid, etc), then he is guarenteed a spot. So Senator McCain could, if he wanted, guarentee his own kid a spot provided the kid had a modicum of phsycial fitness.

So who nominated McCain's son?
ocalhoun
If you needed a nomination and your father was a senator, would you really look anywhere else for a nomination?

Also, when was this? McCain wasn't always against the corruption seen in Washington. He turned against it when he was caught doing it, and has been fighting it since.
deanhills
I feel sorry for McCain's son. Wow, to be working for the Government with dad in a position of power. I probably would feel like running away every day. Think I would have moved to another country and worked on contract there, or started my own company far far away from daddy's strings and cronies.
standready
EASY! Hey, you nominate my boy and I will nominate your boy. Just wait til his daddy is commander and chief of the military. Daddy as boss. YIKES!
hofodomo01
1. Nepotism
2. American government
3. ?????
4. Profit!!

haha Honestly though, I liked the Bush father/son dynasty better Smile Too bad (or thank goodness) we won't see the same with Clinton
deanhills
Quote:
Honestly though, I liked the Bush father/son dynasty better Too bad (or thank goodness) we won't see the same with Clinton

Are you sure about it? Have you been following Chelsea Clinton? Think she has the best of both of her mom and dad in her. A lady worth watching I would say. She has impressed me very much, especially in light of the fact that she does not go out to look for limelight for herself. She is pacing herself and not following in anybody's footsteps but her own.
tony
ocalhoun wrote:
If you needed a nomination and your father was a senator, would you really look anywhere else for a nomination?

Also, when was this? McCain wasn't always against the corruption seen in Washington. He turned against it when he was caught doing it, and has been fighting it since.

Haha; yeah, I agree with you,

Ocalhoun

PS - where is your name from...what is the meaning of that?
ocalhoun
tony wrote:

Ocalhoun

PS - where is your name from...what is the meaning of that?

That would be... a secret.