FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Can I have it say: MySite.com?

TentativeChaos
I own the domain name tentativechaos.com, so how can I make it so that my frihost pages say tentativechaos.com/whatever instead of tentativechaos.frihost.net/whatever?

Thanks.
rvec
in your domain config panel you should be able to set nameservers. Set those to ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net and add the domain in CPanel. You can add it in different ways depending on how you want to use the domain. I am not so experienced with how it exactly works, but normally you'd want parked domain (70% sure Razz ).
wumingsden
rvec wrote:
in your domain config panel you should be able to set nameservers. Set those to ns1.frihost.net and ns2.frihost.net and add the domain in CPanel. You can add it in different ways depending on how you want to use the domain. I am not so experienced with how it exactly works, but normally you'd want parked domain (70% sure Razz ).

... I'm about 80% sure that that is correct Smile

Wherever you purchased your domain from, login and change the nameservers to the ones suggested. Then login to your frihost config panel and use the "parked domain" option. The folder named tentativechaos.com will then be added.
DjMilez
No, I'm 99% sure it's addon domains, not parked.
wumingsden
DjMilez wrote:
No, I'm 99% sure it's addon domains, not parked.

hahaha. I'm now 100% that that is correct Very Happy

http://webnet77.com/webstuff/parked-add-on-domain.html