FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Top Ten Wanna Be Rock Bands

misterXY
In your opinion whats the worst?

Also this is a reply to
zender wrote:
WORST rock bands don't exist.
Bands like Blink182 just don't rock, so how can worst ROCK bands exist?
Simple isn't it.

Maybe you should have called it "Top Ten Wanna Be Rock Bands".
Razz

on Top 10 WORST rock bands
http://www.frihost.com/forums/vt-14566.html
TVme
1. Styx
2. Queen
3. The Doors
4. Queensryche
5. Third Eye Blind
6. Crash Test Dummies
7. The Knack
8. Toto
9. Creed
10. Quiet Riot
liljp617
lol @ styx, the doors, and queen....three of the most well known, successful classic ROCK bands... -.-
TVme
yes, I know... just my humble opinion Smile I've always thought Styx was more like a Broadway show masquerading as rock, and Queen obviously operatic (although Brian May is one of the greatest rock guitarists). The Doors too poppy and so on.
panterasucks
TVme wrote:
1. Styx
2. Queen
3. The Doors
4. Queensryche
5. Third Eye Blind
6. Crash Test Dummies
7. The Knack
8. Toto
9. Creed
10. Quiet Riot

Queensryche? Really?
Clearly you haven't heard their earlier work.
Check out this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0_THrxYs1w
TVme
Yes, Queensryche, really. They get a deserved bad rap by recording Silent Lucidity, which is a stone cold rip off of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. Queensryche is very derivative. The video you linked to does rock, but it sounds like the intro to Deep Purple's Burn, and goes on to clone Iron Maiden. The thread is Wanna Be Rock Bands and Queensryche wanna be anybody who can chart. And I say this with all due respect Sir, because us metal heads have to stick together.

P.S. Pantera were true originals and didn't wanna be anything but true to themselves. R.I.P. Dimebag.
gverutes
Queen? A wannabe? I don't think so!
sandmanxyz
TVme wrote:
Yes, Queensryche, really. They get a deserved bad rap by recording Silent Lucidity, which is a stone cold rip off of Pink Floyd's Comfortably Numb. Queensryche is very derivative. The video you linked to does rock, but it sounds like the intro to Deep Purple's Burn, and goes on to clone Iron Maiden. The thread is Wanna Be Rock Bands and Queensryche wanna be anybody who can chart. And I say this with all due respect Sir, because us metal heads have to stick together.

P.S. Pantera were true originals and didn't wanna be anything but true to themselves. R.I.P. Dimebag.

I totally agreed with your comment until you got to Pantera. I mean, they were really cool but, if you check their early years ...
TVme
You're right sandmanxyz, Pantera before Phil Anselmo, even the Power Metal album that still had Terry Glaze's fingerprints all over it, was like another band. I stand corrected. Having said that, I can't compare Pantera from Cowboys From Hell onward to any other band. Very original.
tingkagol
Quote:
1. Styx
2. Queen
3. The Doors
4. Queensryche
5. Third Eye Blind
6. Crash Test Dummies
7. The Knack
8. Toto
9. Creed
10. Quiet Riot

I'm pretty sure those are rock bands. I don't understand this thread.

Oh, riiiight... This thread is about 'rightfully' bestowing the label to bands considered 'cool'. But then if I post a band 'everyone' finds uncool, we'd have to argue about which subjective opinion everyone can agree on (that doesn't sound right at all, yeah, but I love that paradox.)
randomrocker123
[b][color=darkblue][b]
[b]people shouldn't hate music as all music is individual and inst music about expression and who you are. yeah there are crap bands but that your opinion there are also some amazing bands out there focus on them, don't voice your opinion when it will hurt others and also make you look like a dick.

so heers a list of my fave bands
in particular order

1.my chemical romance
2.foo fighters
3.you me ta six
4. Marilyn Manson
5. green day
6.young guns
7.fall out boy
8.30 seconds to mars
9.linkin park[/color]
10.paramore

[/b][/b]
D'Artagnan
ok, you all forgot the one and only wanna be rockband that achieved the objective of rocking

KISS!

i mean everyone knows kiss are posers, and everyone loves them for that, because well they rock and roll all night and get girls with their love guns, the took the "if you wanna show off paint your face and go up in stage" to a whole new level...
D'Artagnan
panterasucks wrote:
TVme wrote:
1. Styx
2. Queen
3. The Doors
4. Queensryche
5. Third Eye Blind
6. Crash Test Dummies
7. The Knack
8. Toto
9. Creed
10. Quiet Riot

Queensryche? Really?
Clearly you haven't heard their earlier work.
Check out this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i0_THrxYs1w

wow that made me remember angra a lot!