FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Royality

misterXY
Just make some incentives too keep people staying, l even left for a month until l found it in my FoxMarks.
ocalhoun
You mean something like giving free web hosting to regular posters?
polly-gone
Yeah, I think incentives are not necessary, because if you don't port, you don't host. There also is another incentive. Frih$. I am a webdesigner who sometimes subcontracts if I have too much of a load. One time, I was late on a deadline for an image and I couldn't do it, so I have it done for "Frih".

-Nick Smile Smile Smile
misterXY
ocalhoun wrote:
You mean something like giving free web hosting to regular posters?

Not so much that, like small bonus over time that make a difference, ie if you stayed on the forums for a year straight with a daily posting, maximize they can keep when offline for a period of time, or like a long time user can get a ticket that goes into random prizes such as a 3month domain or 50mb added on there site for 6 months, just throwing it out there
ocalhoun
Oh, so progressively better benifits for those who have been here a long time/ made a lot of posts?
A neat concept, but I doubt Bondings would like it.
polly-gone
I don't think Bondings would like it either. And besides, the offline thing, that has been discussed 5000000000 times. The longer you are on, the more negative points it takes for you to get booted.

-Nick Neutral Neutral Neutral
rvec
more active/longer active/more contributing posters already can stay inactive for longer. It's already said before, but new users with <50 posts will lose hosting at -20. But those with over a 1000 quality posts made in a couple of years will keep hosting even if they reach -200.
misterXY
rvec wrote:
more active/longer active/more contributing posters already can stay inactive for longer. It's already said before, but new users with <50 posts will lose hosting at -20. But those with over a 1000 quality posts made in a couple of years will keep hosting even if they reach -200.

Can there be a posting with this information in a table in a link?
rvec
it's not a rule, because it also depends a lot on the quality of the posts. The admins decide when hosting gets terminated and they are a lot easier with it if you are a long-time member. It's just that we want to keep good-posting members and we're a bit easier with the rules for those.
misterXY
rvec wrote:
it's not a rule, because it also depends a lot on the quality of the posts. The admins decide when hosting gets terminated and they are a lot easier with it if you are a long-time member. It's just that we want to keep good-posting members and we're a bit easier with the rules for those.

Request a lock
mathiaus
rofl. I don't think Bondings would approve of a monarch other than himself and it rather a waste here anyway. Unless of course you mean Loyalty Razz
Coclus
mathiaus wrote:
rofl. I don't think Bondings would approve of a monarch other than himself and it rather a waste here anyway. Unless of course you mean Loyalty Razz

lol good point!
Urban
Your topic still gave me a good idea, the more post you have, the more frih$ you are making for each post, it could be as less as +0,0001F$ per post but with time, it would make something good (if you are regular).

(I know it has nothing to do with the topic subject but I thought the idea was pretty good!)
misterXY
mathiaus wrote:
Unless of course you mean Loyalty Razz

Actually that's what i first meant but no one corrected it lmao. l actually made this when l was drunk, not bad for a drunk l say though Razz
thadnation
i personally think this is a great idea. but it's not really necessary. if people want to keep their hosting, then they'll post. i admit that 250mb isn't much, but it's enough for most people. keep in mind that this is a free service, so one can't really expect a load of features. this site is one of the best, and let's be happy Smile
misterXY
thadnation wrote:
i personally think this is a great idea. but it's not really necessary. if people want to keep their hosting, then they'll post. i admit that 250mb isn't much, but it's enough for most people. keep in mind that this is a free service, so one can't really expect a load of features. this site is one of the best, and let's be happy Smile

True, but what if others just go on the fourm and don't want the hosting ?:-S
thadnation
misterXY wrote:
thadnation wrote:

then it wouldn't really affect them, would it?
misterXY
thadnation wrote:
misterXY wrote:
thadnation wrote:

then it wouldn't really affect them, would it?

l'm just meaning like spotlight of the month or something