FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

OGame

zellfaze
I recently started playing a game known as the OGame. OGame is a RTS (Real Time Strategy game) set in the distant future. Most of the game revolves around growing your resources and empire. Gaining resources is done in real time (and continues even when you’re not online). To make the game interesting you can also raid other people for their resources.

Be warned though if you’re the Halo, amazing graphics type you will not like this game. The game is mostly stats based. It has few pictures and no animations. Most of the game is just a lot of timers.
Faraz
Is it free? Could you link to the game? I like RTS games, so I might check it out. =)
Ankhanu
There are multiple servers... probably the biggest English language server is http://ogame.org but if you'd rather another language, just google it.
zellfaze
The game is completely free. If you go to ogame.org at the top there are many country flags. If you click the one that goes with your country you will be taken to an Ogame server just for your language.
BelfastMark
I got hooked on it for a month then got bored. As you progress, it takes longer and longer to build things, it deffo not in your FPS catagory. I found things were taking days to build, in the end I just forgot to log on. Worth a go but you need paaaaaaaaaatience after a while. Still prefer Elite over any only space colony builder.

I then played a little game called ikariam, again I got bored after a month for the same reasons.

Worth a try but don't get exited.
Wuppie
zellfaze wrote:
The game is completely free. If you go to ogame.org at the top there are many country flags. If you click the one that goes with your country you will be taken to an Ogame server just for your language.

Not completely. There extra options which cost money, like better mines or something.
Flarkis
Hey if anyone out there is in Universe 31 on ogame.org i would be very willing to accept a fellow frihoster into my alliance.

And to clarify the paid options give you something called dark matter, you then use dark matter to but officers that give bonuses eg, one more fleet slot, 10% more efficient mines....etc.

Also anyone who is thinking of making an account if you do make one in universe 31 on ogame.org feel free to message me and ill send you some resources if i have enough laying around
Ankhanu
BelfastMark wrote:
I got hooked on it for a month then got bored. As you progress, it takes longer and longer to build things, it deffo not in your FPS catagory. I found things were taking days to build, in the end I just forgot to log on. Worth a go but you need paaaaaaaaaatience after a while. Still prefer Elite over any only space colony builder.

I then played a little game called ikariam, again I got bored after a month for the same reasons.

It ends up taking weeks to build things... and if you add in the time to save up to be able to build them, it's even longer... but in the mean time there is a lot of strategy involved in keeping yourself able to play, defending you fleet, your resources, gaining more... the build time becomes fairly insignificant in the scope of trying to keep yourself alive.
zellfaze
Ankhanu wrote:
BelfastMark wrote:

It ends up taking weeks to build things... and if you add in the time to save up to be able to build them, it's even longer... but in the mean time there is a lot of strategy involved in keeping yourself able to play, defending you fleet, your resources, gaining more... the build time becomes fairly insignificant in the scope of trying to keep yourself alive.

Build more Robotics and Nanite Factories, they will exponentially decrease build time.

Wuppie wrote:
zellfaze wrote:

Not completely. There extra options which cost money, like better mines or something.

People have always told me that using darkmatter is looked down upon, and I have never met anyone who uses it.
introvulc
Heya guys if you are bored of playing the normal Ogame, and want it to be faster, we the Introvulc Network Team have created two game servers, Universes actually, the first one, the High rates one (this one is really fast, lets you test anything you want within the game, the battles can get pretty intensive in here!) and the second one, the mid-rates, for those that want it to be faster but to exaggeratedly.

You can visit our game at www.spacewar-introvulc.pt.vu

Browse our forums if you want to talk with anyone ;D

www.forum-introvulc.pt.vu
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ
Ogame...i played this game many years ago. If you wanted to be the first, you had to get up every hours during the night.

Now, you just have to install bots to win, too bad...
zellfaze
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:
Ogame...i played this game many years ago. If you wanted to be the first, you had to get up every hours during the night.

Now, you just have to install bots to win, too bad...

Bots are against the rules, and you will get banned for using them. I do not use any bots and I have done extremely well.
rhocutt
i used to play ogame but my huge fleet got destroyed i did try to fleetsave but he got me when my fleet came back lol.so i quit

i play tribalwars now its pretty fun i like takeing over other ppls villages and sending my battalions on raids.
zellfaze
I have heard good things about Tribal Wars, but I still like Ogame. Perhaps I just like the futuristic appeal.
rhocutt
i hate the use of bots lol sense when can u hae bots in ogame
MrBlueSky
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:

Yeah. I played it too a few years ago, and that's the reason why I stopped playing. It's just too time-consuming. But beside that ogame is very nice.
Wuppie
MrBlueSky wrote:
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:

Yeah. I played it too a few years ago, and that's the reason why I stopped playing. It's just too time-consuming. But beside that ogame is very nice.

It would be better if it wasn't totally text based Razz
zellfaze
Wuppie wrote:
MrBlueSky wrote:
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:

Ever played a MUD?

I started my own Ogame based game, Yogame. It is 9x faster than Ogame, also Dark Matter no longer costs money, but instead is bought using points you earn on Spamadise. I think this eliminates te slow factor Smile

Yogame
Wuppie
zellfaze wrote:
Wuppie wrote:
MrBlueSky wrote:
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:

Ever played a MUD?

I started my own Ogame based game, Yogame. It is 9x faster than Ogame, also Dark Matter no longer costs money, but instead is bought using points you earn on Spamadise. I think this eliminates te slow factor Smile

Yogame

What is a MUD? And Yogame sounds nice, I think I will give it a try Very Happy
zellfaze
Wuppie wrote:
zellfaze wrote:
Wuppie wrote:
MrBlueSky wrote:
ZzZ_AluCarD_ZzZ wrote:

Ever played a MUD?

Yogame

What is a MUD? And Yogame sounds nice, I think I will give it a try Very Happy

A MUD is a Multi-User Duengeon. It was the first type of MMO, you telnet in to play, and it is completely text based. I personally love MUDs, but now day people want graphics.

Thanks for checking out Yogame Very Happy Thanks for checking out Yogame, I really appreciate it.
Wuppie
Yogame is just Ogame but then quicker and dark matter for free. That's great. How did you get all the Ogame code?
MrBlueSky
zellfaze wrote:

Yogame

That's very interesting. I maybe give it a try one of these days. Do you have many people playing?
Firilacroco
I play the Romanian version. I also played some time ago. I had avout 100k points, but my account was deleted for inactivity Sad
leosthenerd
I find Yogame quite slow and glitchy. the glitchy part can be fun sometimes Very Happy until it gets fixed then it just sucks Confused maybe the slow is the connection or my laptop but idk my laptop is brand new and my connection isn't that slow just surfing the web... Wink It is fun though I recommend you check it out, Zellfaze is my friend and since I was one of the first few to join I can tell you it is quite fun after you get used to it Very Happy Help him out and join his Yogame community!
zellfaze
MrBlueSky wrote:
zellfaze wrote:

Yogame

That's very interesting. I maybe give it a try one of these days. Do you have many people playing?

At the time of this post Yogame has 30 members, I would very much like that to grow.
leosthenerd
of course!
8166UY
I played OGame.nl for about 4 years in several universes and it was quite amusing. But now it's a bit worn out for me so I decided to quit two months ago.
rhocutt
try tribal wars its good.
8166UY
My little brother likes Tribal Wars too, but compared to OGame it's a bit unbalanced because you can conquer villages. Like the graphics though.
zellfaze
I would like to eventually add a feature to Yogame allowing you to conquer other planets, but it would be something that you would choose.

For instance on the sign-up form it would ask you if you would like to enable planet conquering. If you select yes your planet can be conquered, but you can conquer other peoples planets too (assuming that they too selected yes on that form).
rhocutt
yeh but if you get conquered you just restart at a furhter a away position and if your in a tribe you will most likely not get attacked in ogame ppl dont care if your in a alliance they attack you and spy on you like crazy
8166UY
You went to the wrong alliances, I always went to good alliances and they strike fear in the hearts. Especially farming with 12 death stars were funny.