FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Where are my new stats?

Are your stats working properly?
yes
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
no
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 1

IceCreamTruck
OK, so I set up the sub domain space.frih.net

Then I registered and set up AstroTwister.com and I think that I haven't been getting proper stats since then.

All my stats for space.frih.net say october 2006, and I can't see stats for AstroTwister.com

Maybe if I could get an admin to look at this for me maybe something can be done so that I can use my integrated stats package to view the traffic to my website. Not sure.

Thanks in advance for any help you could give me on this subject!!

PS. Just a side note...I get file cannot be found error when trying to view stats for my other frihosted domains. xMPACT.com, YorWelcome.com, PrizmaClown.com, and kmpact.com. I would like to be able to view stats for these as well.

PPS. I just tested the AWstats program on my domains, and it shows info for everything except space.frih.net and I think it's some kind of issue with how my domain is set up. So, now I know I can use something to see the other domains, so that can be ignored now, but AstroTwister.com (aka space.frih.net) is my main site and I need to view stats here.
IceCreamTruck
Update: I am using AWstats sucessfully, but I can't view stats for AstroTwister.com

but it's time for me to discuss with an admin anyway how to make sure that my website is set up correctly at AstroTwister.com, what with the space.frih.net my original subdomain confusing things. My reason is that I have finally gotten wind of just how many people are visiting my site!! It's blowing up on me! 5000 visitors a month, and I'm just about to roll out upgrades that will take it through the roof!!

I would like everything transferred over and set up as AstroTwister.com, and for this I believe that I need admin help, but you guys have been awesome in the past and I have faith!!

OK, so can we try to set up everything right under AstroTwister.com, and put some kind of a pointer that will send people to that domain when they access Space.frih.net???

Haha, my directory structure is just a mess because I went from not having to having a domain!!
IceCreamTruck
So, I'm going to go home tonight, back up all my databases/files, and after that is done I would love to have a crunch session with an admin to get everything set up.

Here's what I would like, and you guys can tell me what needs to happen: I want to totally delete everything on my account for the purpose of setting up everything to run as "AstroTwister.com" as my base account. Domains I can add later if this first one is set up correctly. I would like a pointer from space.frih.net to go to AstroTwister.com not the other way around like it is now. This will fix my stats problem for sure.

I'm just needing to end the problems once and for all that arrose out of starting with a subdomain of frihost instead of my own domain name.

I have let this drag out because the most important thing for me was being online, but now the tables are turning into me needing to be able to run marketing for AstroTwister.com and the way the stats are now doesn't let me see the successes or failers very well.

I get about 5000 users a month, and they are mostly still accessing my account via the space.frih.net subdomain, and I'm about to make changes that will bring everyone to AstroTwister.com instead, but I have to be ready for them first.

Any other domain I have wouldn't be so much trouble, but I wasn't prepared at the time I signed up for the success I would have in setting up a domain.

Trust me I love FriHost, and I'm not planning on going anywhere. You guys, and Bondings, have been so helpful to me in the past...I'm just hoping that I can get past this road block quickly.

Thanks in advance!!
Bondings
What about removing the domain pointer/alias.
Then changing the subdomain into the domain and add the subdomain as a new domain.
In the public_html directory of the subdomain add a .htaccess file to redirect everyone permanently to the domain name.
IceCreamTruck
Bondings wrote:
Then changing the subdomain into the domain and add the subdomain as a new domain.
In the public_html directory of the subdomain add a .htaccess file to redirect everyone permanently to the domain name.

Genious. Sounds awesome, but note that I did not do all my backups last night like I had hoped. I did however get the new phpbb3 forums up and running after a clean install yesterday, and that is nice.

So, I will go home tonight, and backup everything that I can, and then we can do whatever we see fit. I like your plan though.
Bondings
IceCreamTruck wrote:
Bondings wrote:

Genious. Sounds awesome, but note that I did not do all my backups last night like I had hoped. I did however get the new phpbb3 forums up and running after a clean install yesterday, and that is nice.

So, I will go home tonight, and backup everything that I can, and then we can do whatever we see fit. I like your plan though.

For the redirect, here is a good site: http://www.webweaver.nu/html-tips/web-redirection.shtml .

If you are changing the domain, then you might also have to change it in the forums configuration. If it already works on the domain without redirecting, then no problem.
IceCreamTruck
OK, I'll take a look at the redirect .htaccess website!! That's helpful.

I'll get the backup done and then we'll talk some more. I still have a few questions, but I will see if some of those don't answer themselves as I go along.

Thanks for the help so far, as I am really ready to make these changes and move on to greatness and tons of Traffic on my websites!!
Bondings
By the way, for statistics, you might also want to look at using Google Analytics. Since Awstats is locally, it records every visit/hit, which might be useful, but also includes bots, scrapers and the like. Google Analytics works with javascript, which means it's mostly real visitors (apart from the special cases that have no working javascript, but that's usually a very small minority) and the statistics are very good and allow for conversion tracking.
IceCreamTruck
Bondings wrote:
Google Analytics works with javascript, which means it's mostly real visitors

It's funny to me that I haven't noticed that you can use javascript to seporate the bots from the people, and seeing how I'm a javascript nut I should have. Thanks so much for the heads up I will look into this.

BTW, I just did a FULL backup of my websites, and I wanted to see if we couldn't take a moment to exact the changes in my setup that will straighten things out for me (trying to kill space.frih.net and make sure AstroTwister.com is set up right)

This is how I want my setup to be (no aliases except I can't drop 5000 people a month at "space.frih.net" so there's one alias to AstroTwister.com):

xMPACT.com (parent domain)
- AstroTwister.com (the widget website that is so popular)
- kMPACT.com (my resume site)
- PrizmaClown.com (soon to be my fiance's business site)
- YorWelcome.com (crap ... lol!)
- more to come