FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Setting up E-mail Problems

ttdrox
When I set up my first e-mail, I type everything in then it tells me "/home/ttdrox/etc/coastergalaxy.frihost.net/passwd passwd" and I'm not sure what that mean and it deosn't set it up instead it just says there is a problem creating your e-mail account. Any help would be great!

Thanks.
Bondings
The standard files are missing in your public_html. Either there were problems during the creation of your account causing this, or you removed them yourself. In any case, the easiest solution would be to recreate (remove/create) your account.
deanhills
I posted the message below under "Sorry ... E-mail not working ..." ... a week ago. It would appear that a solution was found at the end of the thread. Is it possible to let me know whether there is something I need to do to fix the problem, i.e. some steps that have to be followed?

Quote:
When I go into the Webmail options I cannot send e-mails, they come up with the following error message and stop right at the point of the message:

There was an error sending your message: Failed to send data [SMTP: Invalid response code received from server (code: 503, response: All RCPT commands were rejected with this error: Sender verify failed Valid RCPT command must precede DATA)]

Realize this is a luxury of course and am grateful for the help. Smile
Aredon
I'm having a similar issue to Deanhills.

Quote:
The connection to the server has failed.

Subject '___________'
Server: 'mail._________.frih.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0E
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
Socket Error: 10060

I'm using windows live mail, and I have followed the F.A.Q walkthrough to the best of my ability, but at the moment I cannot get e-mail to send out. I receive just fine, but I am unable to send. There appears to be something blocking SMTP, and this is the only reason I say it is a similar problem.... I'll look around and see if I can find any other threads on this since the other one I made in computer support has been open without much help for a month or so. :/