FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

In Quest of a Free Domain Name

shkhanal
"NOTHING IN THE WORLD IS FREE"

"EVERY GOOD THING IN THE WORLD IS FREE!"

Which statement is correct and which one is not. Many people I have found in forums, in search queries are in quest of free domain names. I started searching free host and a free domain name since long time and finally concluded that free host though might be available but free domain is far from possibility. Some domain names such as uni.cc, co.nr are available but these are not real domain names though. Moreover they require your site to include a link back to them displaying their logo or text.

Now I'm searching for a free (?) domain name. Recently I'm involved in NamePros and I am testing it yet. So it's too early to mention what they claim before I use it. After I get a domain name from there and how they behave for it, I'll certainly post my experiences. Till now what I have found there is:
1. You can use the forum for discussing. The forum is really nice and very sincere users I have found there.
2. They have developed forum currence, they call it NP$. There are different sections on the forum where you can earn NP$ which can be spent to (as they say)
1. Buy Domain Names
2. Display your google adsense ads
3. Advertise your site
4. and so on

But this would be too premature yet to say anything because I have not yet come to a position to tell that these are not Fake.

For more discussion visit 'In Quest for Free Domain Names' in StudyPark
tidruG
You should probably check to make sure that NamePro doesn't only cater to people from America. On a lot of free domain sites, free domains are only provided to residents of USA (and Canada). In other cases, it's only applicable to residents of certain European countries.
kitsrock
you can also try ddboard.com

i just go a domain there.

i was told geekdomain.net also did a similar thing, but i haven't tried geekdomain. i don't have time to be active on yet another forum XD.
tidruG
Quote:
geekdomain

I was with GeekDomain for a while when it was undergoing admin changes. I didn't get a domain, and after some time, I just grew impatient and bought the domain I wanted before someone else did.
shkhanal
Is there any offer anywhere that applies for international users?
silverdown
I got my domain from AnotherFree.com I just take surveys and get points and redeem them for 1 year of service or you can pay $9.95 for a year or gain 9.95 points to get one. they also only give out to USA and Cananda

I get half and pay for half.
shkhanal
All the offers are for US and Canada citizens only!
kitsrock
ddboard gives to international applicants too, i believe.
propeng
kitsrock wrote:

after i registered, they banned my ip for no reason...
npgmis
Asia's registration can not ah
shkhanal
npgmis wrote:
Asia's registration can not ah

What does this mean?
mtorregiani
Maybe that most of the free domain sites don't offer free .asia
I think none of those sites do so...
jsfdan
Getting free domain names is hard but hosting can be done. Free domains still roam the net but you have to know where to look.
shkhanal
As some of the friends here suggested me to participate in ddBoard to get a free domain name, I applied there 20 days ago and actively participated the board.

Today I completed 3000 ddPoints in ddBoard, that was required to claim for a .com domain name. Today I'm applying for a free domain name there. Lets see what happens. I'll post the development.
shkhanal
Hi,

I got my domain name from ddBoard in just 14 hours after I applied.

Thanks ddBoard.

Mission Complete!
shkhanal
Sorry!,

I forgot to mention about namepros.com where I first tried for my domain name. I don't think that they are scams, they do pay certainly, but you can't earn your points on posting on the forum rather you need to earn credits by visiting the sites namepros offers. Most of the visits are priced 0.5 np$ and a few upto 1.5 np$. This way you will be able to collect the required about 7000 np$ in longest duration if you don't buy np$ from members.

Thank you.
chipbricks
it seems like ddboard.com is dead .
shkhanal
Yes, surprisingly all of a sudden the domain is parked. I don't know what happened.

Now I'm doing at http://medost.com. Its a very new forum and they say they provide free hosting as well as domain names. I'm still testing. I'll update the post if I got success there.
Xaferrow
propeng wrote:
kitsrock wrote:

after i registered, they banned my ip for no reason...

They did the same things to me Sad

but, IMO. in order to get a free domain name from NP, DDBoard, GeekDomain, or such, it needs A LOT of time.

it's ok to use such .co.cc .uni.cc etc for the first time

So, you'd better use your A LOT of time, tweaking your website, then ask your visitors to donate

Very Happy, at least it works for me.

i use .co.nr, then tweak my site. next, i ask ppl to donate. And i got one ccTLD Very Happy
shkhanal
Is ddboard stilll working for you there? It displays a parked page for me now.
Xaferrow
Just checked it Surprised
and its gone. what the heck happens?
shkhanal
surprising    !
shkhanal
shkhanal wrote:
Yes, surprisingly all of a sudden the domain is parked. I don't know what happened.

Now I'm doing at http://medost.com. Its a very new forum and they say they provide free hosting as well as domain names. I'm still testing. I'll update the post if I got success there.

regarding medost.com I did not feel its reliable. The website is immature and I doubt if it they would be able to bear the cost.

Now started to look for another source.
sigT
kitsrock wrote:

i just go a domain there.

i was told geekdomain.net also did a similar thing, but i haven't tried geekdomain. i don't have time to be active on yet another forum XD.

Have just tried http://ddboard.com/. It is for sale now!

"The domain ddboard.com may be for sale by its owner!"
distantship
domain name is not that expensive, i would just go and buy some domains, cos' experience told me that domain is NEVER free. take co.cc as an example, you only got the domain free for the first year and after that, it may even more expensive than the normal one, but then you have already built up backlinks...seo works with that domain...so, just buy a domain and get total control with it. You may think that you have save some money today, but the day that you have to pay them back would eventually come. Just a matter or time.

Anyway, thanks for the reviews and keep all the interested members update!
leontius
I got my domain from ezyrewards.com. See my review: http://leapon.net/en/free-domain-name-ezyrewards (yes it already gave me 2 years worth of free domain name!)
shkhanal
Its great to know. Let me try it too. I hope I'll get a new domain soon. How much time do you expect?
myflos
FREE IS FREE! It is a spiritual pursuit
myflos
I like free,With the money for free
shkhanal
myflos wrote:
FREE IS FREE! It is a spiritual pursuit

Yes its a fun. Finding some treasure hidden deep down the earth. Finding Free is winning.
Ghost Rider103
I don't see the point in searching for a free domain.

No company will give away a free domain and let you legally own it. Every website I have ever seen give a domain away for free even says you do not own the domain. They are the ones buying the domain, they just let you use it.

If you ever have extremely good success with a website which has a free domain name, the company providing the domain name is going to shut you down and then take over your business. It's as simple as that.

If you plan to make money from your website, do not use a free domain. It's extremely dangerous, and puts you at risk for loosing your domain once you do become successful.

It's what, $10 a year for a domain? Stop wasting your time. If you don't have the money, go look in the seats of your couch. It's not hard to come up with $10. Stop wasting your time looking for free domains.
cutecub11
a lot of free domain sites, free domains are only provided to residents of USA (and Canada). In other cases, it's only applicable to residents of certain all countries.
free web hosting