FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Family Guy!

legend2memba
Hey family guy's like the best cartoon yet. Its extremely funny and contains lots of jokes that would leave you laughing. i watch that like every night. The only thing that i think that could top family guy is the simpsons. Unlike Family Guy, The simpsons actually have some cool video games. I have hit and run but Sad it wont work any more. i miss that game Razz lol. Anyone think that anything else could top family guy?
ddoonie
I dont know if anything can top family guy at this moment... It is quite entertaining on many levels, but has gotten slightly irritating recently, stretching the jokes a bit too long etc... Futurama has its moments as does robot chicken!
lastelement0
i feel i have an interesting relationship with family guy. im not hooked like a lot of people where i watch it every chance i can. but i do enjoy the episodes i do watch. i just never got as hooked as most people, perhpas cuz i wouldn't allow myself to.

but not to say i dont like the show because i do find it funny. attacks the relevant topics of the current events similar to that of south park, just go at it a different way.
Pochettino
well ofc, there's also futurama wich is really great and south park ... lol Very Happy

but the simpson FTW
kiran_n444
LOL I love family guy xD i watch atleast 3 episodes a day
TVme
Family Guy is - to me - the funniest ever and I don't see anything coming close. Family Guy has something the other animated sit-coms don't, and that's Stewie Griffin. Victory will be his.
thepringer
Family guy was great, but its goin downhill. It just doesnt have the same kind of humor it used to. And whats up with Stewie, why is he gay all of a sudden, he just gave up on being evil.
mattyj
Family Guy has gone down hill a lot... I actually prefer American Dad to Family Guy these days...American Dad always makes me laugh!
UntitledDocument
This is how the writers write a family guy episode:

They think of a funny joke and find a way to relate it to a random story:

Writer 1: "Ok think of a funny joke or serious issue we can easily make people find funny"
Writer 2: "Erm, jesus didn't have magical powers?"
Writer 1: "Ok, who's gonna have the flashback, it's gotta be someone who knew jesus in person?"
Writer 2: "I dunno lets just put a time travelling older stewie in there who goes and visits baby stewie"
Writer 1: "Okay throw a few flashbacks and jokes about steven hawkings and we got ourselves an episode"

Thats why I love family guy haha! It's such american humour.
filesharing
To see Family Guy and American Dad togehter in an episode would be great Very Happy
they're both from the same producer and both have similiar humor
gandalfthegrey
God bless Seth MacFarlane!
lagoon
AMEN! Family Guy is awesome. I am actually hooked.
b3no
legend2memba wrote:
Hey family guy's like the best cartoon yet. Its extremely funny and contains lots of jokes that would leave you laughing. i watch that like every night. The only thing that i think that could top family guy is the simpsons. Unlike Family Guy, The simpsons actually have some cool video games. I have hit and run but Sad it wont work any more. i miss that game Razz lol. Anyone think that anything else could top family guy?

Dittto!

Its so damn good. Though the simpsons are always going to beat it!
Firilacroco
Have you seen the movie? I heard that it's good.
apple
I LOVE family guy!!!!!

I even made a t-shirt...lol

Dean_The_Great
Nice T-Shirt! I love Family Guy, and I think they get some cool points and hilarious dialogue out, without getting nearly as raunchy as South Park. Futurama gives them a run for their money, especially in social commentary, but I think Family Guy might still come out on top.
GaryMK
I too love family guy. It does not get prime time slots which is a shame, so only catch it when I am channel hopping. Must make an effort to set up the PVR to record the series.
soprano_t
I think Stewie could have his own show one day. He's the star for me a lot of the time.
He might look even uglier when he's a teenager or Adult though, maybe not such a good idea.

I wonder will Peter Griffin follow Homer as the most influential man of the 21st Century?
eday2010
apple wrote:
I LOVE family guy!!!!!

I even made a t-shirt...lol

Too bad that t-hirt doesn't apply anymore since Stewie is gay and not evil anymore. Maybe if he was holding a dildo instead of a ray gun...

GaryMK wrote:
I too love family guy. It does not get prime time slots which is a shame, so only catch it when I am channel hopping. Must make an effort to set up the PVR to record the series.

Uh, what? They air sundays nights on Fox so I don't know what you are talking about? And why not just buy them on DVD? they're dirt cheap these days, unless you are too cheap to buy them.

I agree with mattyj and thepringer. Family Guy has gone downhill in the last several years. Pretty much when it came back from cancellation the last time. There are way too many pop culture jokes these days instead of the types of jokes from the first two seasons. I find myself enjoying American Dad more than Family Guy. I didn't even watch the last few episodes of the last season of Family Guy.
mr_memarian
Simpson is so lame in comparison to Family Guy.
juscal
mr_memarian wrote:
Simpson is so lame in comparison to Family Guy.

I hate to say "I agree", but I agree. The Simpsons is losing it's funniness Sad
eday2010
Family Guy is heading down the same road as the Simpsons. The episode from October 4 was pretty good, where most of the show was based around the Surfin' Bird song by The Trashmen. Not a classic, but it had many funny parts. But last night's episode was just lame. It seems like they are running out of ideas if they have to have a show where they go back in time to 1939 Poland during the Nazi invasion with Mort Goldman. A time machine? Honestly? Stewie isn't the evil inventing baby anymore, so why does he have a time machine? He's now an unfunny gay baby.

Sadly, when you listen to the DVD commentary, the writers and people involved in the show think they are all gold and funny as hell. So chances are things won't change. Personally, I think that one simple thing that would turn the show around is to have Stewie be is old, evil self with his harder accented voice, like in seasons 1 and 2. But, according to Seth MacFarlane, having Stewie be maybe gay is hilarious. I just don't see it.
Blissgene

Love it. Also quote some criticisms from web. Looking forward more stunning episodes.

Quote:
Family Guy has been panned by certain television critics, most notably from Entertainment Weekly, which was in turn attacked by MacFarlane during a scene in Stewie Griffin: The Untold Story.

The show is criticized for using story premises and humor similar to those used in episodes of The Simpsons, another animated series on the Fox network. The Simpsons depicts Peter Griffin as a "clone" of Homer Simpson in a Halloween special, and as the fugitive "Plagiarismo" (implying plagiarism) in the episode "The Italian Bob". Family Guy is also mocked in a two-part episode of South Park, in which characters call the show's jokes interchangeable and unrelated to storylines; the writers of Family Guy are portrayed as manatees who write by pushing rubber "idea balls" inscribed with random topics into a bin. Seth McFarlane's response to criticism on the Volume 4 box set DVD commentary regarding the interchangeable and unrelated jokes is that the criticism is completely founded and true, even giving reference to many skits and jokes that were meant for previously scripted episodes and later cut and recycled in future episodes.

Other cartoonists who have publicly criticized Family Guy include John Kricfalusi, creator of Ren and Stimpy: "If you're a kid wanting to be a cartoonist today, and you're looking at Family Guy, you don't have to aim very high...the standards are extremely low."

The show's penchant for irreverent humor led to a controversy over a sequence in which Peter Griffin dances, in classic musical fashion, around the bed of a man with end-stage AIDS, singing about his diagnosis.
bellebello
You can't really compare the simpsons to Family guy. They both have different kind of humour and appeal to different people. I personally enjoy Family guy more than simpsons.
roxys_art
Family Guy is great. Honestly I haven't watched many of the new episodes, but I am sure I will catch up some day.

Never cared for South Park.

One show I really miss is Futurama. Lots of sarcasm and lots of great storylines that end up with many humorous situations. I like the characters of Futurama alot and the whole base storyline (Fry was frozen in the 21st century and unfrozen in the 31st century).

Aqua Teen Hunger Force is also a very solid and funny show.
bellebello
Quote:
One show I really miss is Futurama. Lots of sarcasm and lots of great storylines that end up with many humorous situations. I like the characters of Futurama alot and the whole base storyline (Fry was frozen in the 21st century and unfrozen in the 31st century).

I love futurama too. Much more than both family guy and simpsons. Zoidberg cracks me up everytime. If only they could bring it back.
_AVG_
Family Guy is probably the only cartoon that I watch.

It's hilarious!

My favourite would have to be Brian.
Kelcey
It's a pretty funny and clever cartoon. By top it, do you mean in humor or just liking another cartoon more?
Forky
I used to watch family guy all the time. i loved it but now...i hate it.

its just annoying and makes no sense usually. like every twenty seconds it goes to a flashback and when the flashback is done it doesnt go back to where it was b4 the flashback. it goes to a completely different scene....

its stupid... ♥♥♥♥
gandalfthegrey
The bird is the word. Wink
rightclickscott
Family Guy, especially the new episodes, is the worst cartoon in the world. It constantly reuses awful jokes, and with a lack of effort of the part of Seth McFarlane, the whole show has gone to shit. It's not funny anymore. Not in the least bit. Every single "joke" it attempts just falls flat on it's face, and the worst part about it is that the show has an incredibly undeserved sense of superiority. Not only do all of it's jokes suck, but the newer episodes have taken to reusing old jokes in the worst, most predictable ways possible, like when they reused the spiderman joke. Not only do they reuse great jokes, they reuse awful, terrible, shouldn't have ever been conceived jokes. The wh sound was funny when it was used in Hot Rod. Family Guy killed it. Family Guy does nothing but murder jokes. No no, they aren't joke murderers. They're joke genociders. There is absolutely nothing of value in the new family guy episodes, and Seth McFarlane should be ashamed that his once great show has turned into such a cartoon abortion.
la_Duchess
Family guy is #1 I love this show! Stewie rules!!!
desonium
I really like family Guy it is really one of the best series on television.
When I watch it I really can't stop laughing.
misterXY
gandalfthegrey wrote:
The bird is the word. Wink

What is the word?
BRAIN DON'T! lol Laughing
jessicawalker
rightclickscott wrote:
Family Guy, especially the new episodes, is the worst cartoon in the world. It constantly reuses awful jokes, and with a lack of effort of the part of Seth McFarlane, the whole show has gone to shit. It's not funny anymore. Not in the least bit. Every single "joke" it attempts just falls flat on it's face, and the worst part about it is that the show has an incredibly undeserved sense of superiority. Not only do all of it's jokes suck, but the newer episodes have taken to reusing old jokes in the worst, most predictable ways possible, like when they reused the spiderman joke. Not only do they reuse great jokes, they reuse awful, terrible, shouldn't have ever been conceived jokes. The wh sound was funny when it was used in Hot Rod. Family Guy killed it. Family Guy does nothing but murder jokes. No no, they aren't joke murderers. They're joke genociders. There is absolutely nothing of value in the new family guy episodes, and Seth McFarlane should be ashamed that his once great show has turned into such a cartoon abortion.

You've thought about this an awful lot, haven't you? You seem so bothered by the existence of this show. I really felt the profound hatred and disgust you were trying to portray. Disturbing really. haha.
eday2010
jessicawalker wrote:
You've thought about this an awful lot, haven't you? You seem so bothered by the existence of this show. I really felt the profound hatred and disgust you were trying to portray. Disturbing really. haha.

rightclickscott goes a bit overboard with his opinion of the show, but it really has lost it's edge, and is definitely not as good as it used to be. All the jokes seem to be pop culture and celbrity jokes nowadays, instead of the racial/ethnic/politically incorrect jokes they used to do a lot, which were funny and made the show edgey and funny. I have not watched one episode of this current season yet, and I used to watch the show religiously. I also haven't bought the Volume 6 DVD set yet, and I usually buy those the day they come out.
la_Duchess
I Love Family Guy... Stewie and bryan are the best!!!
computerexpert09
I really like family guy and king of hill is funny too.
but family guy is the funniest show i can think of right now.
Asis
I think Family Guy really got good by Season 3 and 4.

I'm not so convinced about the later seasons though. The comedy seems too reliant on the "oh my, this is like the time when...."

The good old days had Stewie beating on Brian constantly and that was enough for me Smile
windowlicker
Family Guy is propobly the best cartoon ever!
I hope they'll release seson 8 soon!

poopee!
babare-poope
windowlicker
In Falmily Guy movie Trisha Taconowa meets David Bowie just at the opening night. And then she goes crazy on his leg! That is just mean!!!! Very Happy
Solon_Poledourus
GIGGIDY
TVme
Well, Today it was announced that Family Guy is nominated for an Emmy in the category of best comedy along with 30 Rock, Entourage, Flight of the Conchords, How I Met You Mother, The Office and Weeds. It is the first animated series to be nominated in the category in 48 years when The Flintsones were nominated. Obviously then The Simpson's have never been nominated. The Flinstones never had a full length animated movie. While South Park and The Simpson's were popular enough to have full length movies come out, but until they get an Emmy nod - based on this criteria - Family Guy is now the best animated series of our generation. Now you can say it Stewie. Victory is yours.
stel4e
Yeah, Family guy rules Smile))
kcblondy
I know family guy is good. I have Hit and run too but we never play it anymore.
gandalfthegrey
Did you hear about the new season of Family Guy? Apparently there is going to be a two part episode at the end of the season featuring the muppets and entitled the Great Muppet Caper. This will probably be the greatest episode ever. Go Kermit go Kermit go!
upcirculohispanico
i just bought the series on DVD. looks like my next few days will be made.
amperx
i find family guy really funny, regardless of the jokes that they do, and get to laugh again even though i get to watch a recent episode Very Happy
Mehh
Family Guy Rules!!! The fact that it is random is what makes it awesome....

"So is there any point or is it like throwing a hotdog down a hallway at this point?"-Stewie
binsmyth
i watch it sometimes only. whenever i can. it is quite funny.
gandalfthegrey
I really enjoyed the season premiere episode of Family Guy. They should do more episodes featuring Stewie, his inventions or plotting to take over the world like they use to.

I also did not find The Cleveland Show spin-off that funny, though American Dad wasnt that funny or interesting when it first started and now it is at least barrable to watch.
PleoMaster
family guy is just simply amazing Very Happy one of the funniest teenage cartoons ever created Very Happy My favourite character has to be Bryan the things that come out of that dogs mouth is just simply funny ;o He is soo random haha
sum12nv
Peter: Have you heard the word?
Brian: NNNNNNNNN.......
Stewie(cutting in in slow motion): NOOOOOO..Brian.. nooooo...
Brian:OOOOO..
Peter(singing really fast):A bird bird bird bird bird A bird is the word, abird bird bird bird bird A bird is the word....ETC.(goes on for a minute)...
LOL!!!!
dehv3
yea, I watch it somethime's i really like that dog!
Tuvitor
I've been a follower of this show since its first season. Unfortunately, it's starting to catch "Simpsons-itis" -- it's regurgitating its own humor and becoming dull as its edgy groove has become a rut of stagnation.

Don't get me wrong, I love the show, but meh... it's losing it's flavor.

Looking forward to the Star Wars special, though. Smile
Baka_Desu
Don't really like the show, there always one episode in each series that has a scene with a character saying or doing the same thing over and over again, which makes me wonder, is the creator running out of ideas? Confused
ssweat
am watching it right now. I have every episode including the new star wars one...Seth Mcfarlane is a funny guy. I also love the cleveland show and watch both religiously.