FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

problem regarding partition

schahid
Hello!
I have a problem regarding partition. i was merging two partition with partition magic on 1 disk and unexpectedly the electricity went off. i had a large number of data files on one of the partition i was merging. and you can guess the rest. it ofcourse didnt got merged and i cannot access my data files too... when i re-run the partition magic program, it just hangs up everytime i try to recover the files as it prompts me that it has marked the drive for safety. it doest show in dos or explorer .how can i recover them? please help!
Donutey
What type of partition was it?

I found this forum post, which had similar circumstances to your situation, it may be of help (however it's on ubuntu...)

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=495679
aningbo
when you partition your drives, it formats after the partition is done. i dont know about this software but good luck and hope someone help you out.

my net is slow as hell. m on a vacation. oh yeah
schahid
Thanks. it worked. although couldnt get 100% of data but close enough. and my hard disk has started ratling.. head started missing. oh well.
FunDa
schahid wrote:
Thanks. it worked. although couldnt get 100% of data but close enough. and my hard disk has started ratling.. head started missing. oh well.

What software did you use ?

I would have tried Recover my files.

First, take the hard disk out andput it as a slave on another computer.
Then use Recover My Files from the new computer to check this hard disk for files.

It recovers a lot of files from partitioned and formatted partitions.

Be careful about the power supply when partitioning, formatting or when installing Operating Systems