FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Penny Arcade Adventures

deStructuralized
Anybody try this game out yet? For those that don't know, Penny Arcade is a webcomic that's been around since about 1998 (www.penny-arcade.com). A lot of their work has to do gamer culture, but they also do commentary on how said culture relates to politics, law, day-to-day life, relationships, etc.

It's funny.

Anyway they recently started a game franchise called PA Adventures, the first title of which is entitled an RPG entitled "On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness." Episode 1 of 4 was recently released. Anyone get a chance to try it out yet? More info here: http://www.rainslick.com/

I thoroughly enjoyed it. The writing was witty and entertaining, and the gameplay was dynamic and engaging. They immerse you and your customizable character in this bizarre, Lovecraftian world of hobos, mimes, and Fruit ****** (unsurprisingly, the game is rated M).

Only gripes I had with it were--
1. Too short given the $20 price tag considering 3 more $20 investments will be forthcoming.
2. Final boss wasn't quite challenging enough, though other parts of the game--especially parts where you first encountered the new enemies of a new area--were.
3. There would be instances where members of my party would get KOed and fall behind a conscious party member or, god forbid, off-screen. Since I couldn't click on said unconscious member I wouldn't be able to revive him.

Otherwise, a good experience. Thoughts?