FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


I Got Attacked.





wumingsden
I'm not completely sure why ....

But I think its because I'm a bit of a tranny.

Or at least thats what I've been told.

I made a video about what happened. The links are below, there's two versions because I messed it up a bit, but both talk about similar things.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9LHashgVXEo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZpAqGTWACLc

Crime here is getting -way- out of control (talked about in 2nd link).

Anyone else had a similar experience?
airh3ad
Be careful my friends good videos..hehhe
eday2010
If being "a bit of a tranny" is the cause of you getting attacked, maybe you should try to be a bit less of one in public for a while. If you stop getting attacked, then you'll know the reason.
Keran
I'm really sorry You got attacked, it's horrible, no matter who You are. It shouldn't happen to anyone, but unfortunately it happens.

But honestly, with all due respect, what are You trying to achieve by making these videos? I think it is a well known fact that minorities have always been persecuted and probably it will never change.
People get killed every day for far worse reasons than just behavior or looks.
My advice might sound a little harsh, but I think You should man up, like the person above said, atleast in public.

By the way, You do look a little "Tranny", but I don't think it's something to be ashamed of, everyone is unique in their own way and the quicker we learn to accept who we really are, the better our lives will be.
tidruG
Damn dude, I'm sorry to read about that. I couldn't watch the videos because they're pretty big and I have a download limit. My personal opinion, knowing you, is that it's futile to tell you not to wear make-up when you go out, and personally, I think even asking you to do that is unfair. You should have the right to dress and/or behave exactly as you want in public, as long as you're not creating a nuisance or disturbing other people.
James007
Wuming darlin', who ever said life is fair? The fact is, that some people are still not reminded about the fact that you only have one life, and you should embrace it, in whatever way you live your life. Who has the moral right to set "rules on living"? But keeping that in mind, getting back to the facts, you see that living your life reasonably far away from the average has many downsides for a reason. It's not your fault, but it's the way it is, and you should learn to live with the dangers involved (but not to accept them of course)

The only way you can make a difference, is with a more subtle approach. Acceptance of gay people and tranny types (which isn't the same thing, for those of you who have been living under a rock for the last decade) is still in a kind of evolution. You shouldn't push it to be a revolution, because that way you'll only get more adversaries.

A more general side note I would like to make, is that if you (and I mean anyone dealing with some kind of discrimination problem) are feeling down because of it, you should always seek help (as in talking) from someone who is feeling fine and is not having these kind of problems. It is not always that helpful to seek help from or being heard by someone with exactly the same feeling. Because when you are confirming the other and the other is confirming your feelings, you'll inevitably get into a downward spiral (a.k.a. the emo circuit).

As I can see in the video, you are feeling very vulnerable, and you are also expressing yourself with this one way kind of communication, called a video blog. The answer you'll hear the most is: "You are absolutely right", but that is, in my opinion, not the correct answer. I will not confirm this dark and vulnerable mode people are making up these days, because that will only get you to think: "I'm vulnerable, I'm depressed... and people say I'm right about it."

In my opinion, you should:
  1. Cut down on the emo-lifestyle I'm-being-treated-unfairly-way of thinking. Search for someone positive to communicate with. Don't talk to emo friends, they will only confirm what you say to them. "Yes, the whole world is against us. Pitty us!". You know that most people don't have any problem with you.
  2. Minimize the risk of meeting the wrong person at the wrong moment. It can be done by giving a more positive I'm proud of myself impression, but that is something that will have to be acquired in a later phase.
  3. Cheer up! One person on one single moment doesn't stand up to all those millions of people who don't have a problem with you! Think about the positive side! We love you!!!
KronikSindrome
Rock on with your tranny self. Feck what people think,
how you appear does not equal who you are and it's
stupid to change either especialy if you feel forced to
in order to avoid getting beat up.

my suggestion: MACE! MACE AND TAZER GUNS!

next time you spray and zap those bastards! Wink
tony
wow! that's crazy. good to get the word out though. as far as i am concerned, i am not like you, but I believe you have the right to be like you. there are some ppl in the world who can't live with difference; it's a shame.
wumingsden
Hmmm. Mixed responses I see. I shall attempt to address them all.

eday2010 wrote:
If being "a bit of a tranny" is the cause of you getting attacked, maybe you should try to be a bit less of one in public for a while. If you stop getting attacked, then you'll know the reason.


I compare that sentence similar to what could of been said in the 1950's: "Well, if your getting attacked maybe you should act more white?" (racism), or "Oh, well if you didn't want to get hit maybe you should of just done what your husband said, thats your job"

So basically, the point I'm trying to make is I will not change who I am, end of.

And I -know- its the reason why it happened.

Keran wrote:
I'm really sorry You got attacked, it's horrible, no matter who You are. It shouldn't happen to anyone, but unfortunately it happens.


No need to be sorry. But indeed. Although its worse if, for example, it was on old-age-pensioner compared to a drug-runner.

Keran wrote:
But honestly, with all due respect, what are You trying to achieve by making these videos? I think it is a well known fact that minorities have always been persecuted and probably it will never change.


Its kind of funny how when the phrase "all due respect" is used, usually that isn't in the case. So I'll pretend I don't see that part lol. My intention for making the video's? Not much. As I stated, it was just because I wanted something to happen, and when it did, I would make my first video. Of course, it would be great if the video would stop all kinds of discrimination in the world ... but that clearly isn't going to happen. A video blog ... is exactly that really. That was the reason for making the video. The reason for creating this thread was to generally make discussion, and to see whether anyone else has been in that situation.
Indeed. However, in time and with persistence it will change. The depression of women, black people (to name just two examples).

Keran wrote:
People get killed every day for far worse reasons than just behavior or looks.
My advice might sound a little harsh, but I think You should man up, like the person above said, atleast in public.


Some people are killed for no reason at all, there's not always a reason. And others are because of their behavior and looks. Does that make it any less significant in your eyes?
You can obviously have your own opinion. But you obviously can't grasp the whole situation. Saying I "should man up....at least in public" I would take as a huge offense if I knew you. Relating it back to racism, etc ...

Keran wrote:
By the way, You do look a little "Tranny", but I don't think it's something to be ashamed of, everyone is unique in their own way and the quicker we learn to accept who we really are, the better our lives will be.


Completely agree.

tidruG wrote:
Damn dude, I'm sorry to read about that. I couldn't watch the videos because they're pretty big and I have a download limit. My personal opinion, knowing you, is that it's futile to tell you not to wear make-up when you go out, and personally, I think even asking you to do that is unfair. You should have the right to dress and/or behave exactly as you want in public, as long as you're not creating a nuisance or disturbing other people.


hahaha, I have to first say, I don't get called that often! No need to be sorry as I've said.

They were kinda boring anyway lol. It was just me speaking about the incident, how society acts, discrimination and the crime wave in the UK atm.
Indeed, it is. I mean, I don't -always- wear make up. And sometimes when I do wear makeup, its not visible. Fake eyelashes, eyeshadow and pink cheeks aren't always a day-2-day thing Wink
I agree. Your obviously not narrow-minded unlike others (Y).
I also want to say something. A while back you made a comment about my appearance, to which I over-reacted. I wish to apologize. I didn't mean it to be personal at all, no matter how hurt I was by your comment. My bf died and I was being very unpleasant. I'm sorry for being such a bitch, I honestly didn't mean to.

James007 wrote:
Wuming darlin', who ever said life is fair? The fact is, that some people are still not reminded about the fact that you only have one life, and you should embrace it, in whatever way you live your life. Who has the moral right to set "rules on living"? But keeping that in mind, getting back to the facts, you see that living your life reasonably far away from the average has many downsides for a reason. It's not your fault, but it's the way it is, and you should learn to live with the dangers involved (but not to accept them of course)


haha. You obviously don't know me that well. People know me as the "oh well, life's a bitch" person. Because quite simply, I'm a very sympathetic person, but I don't like ti when people do complain over minute things.
"rules on living" are okay if its to protect others though.
And yes, I do that on a daily basis. I live in a "ghetto" area, and with my ghey self, they don't mix. Along with homophobic parents, etc, etc. I have dangers, and no, thats not my fault. And I have learnt to live with them reasonably well.

James007 wrote:
The only way you can make a difference, is with a more subtle approach. Acceptance of gay people and tranny types (which isn't the same thing, for those of you who have been living under a rock for the last decade) is still in a kind of evolution. You shouldn't push it to be a revolution, because that way you'll only get more adversaries.


It is in a kind of evolution, I agree. However. I disagree that a more subtle approach is the only way a difference can be made. People should stand up to believe what is right, with all the power they have, not just sit back and say "i'm not going to be who i am because its not yet accepted". Individuals -have- to push the boundaries for acceptance, otherwise it will never be accepted.

James007 wrote:
A more general side note I would like to make, is that if you (and I mean anyone dealing with some kind of discrimination problem) are feeling down because of it, you should always seek help (as in talking) from someone who is feeling fine and is not having these kind of problems. It is not always that helpful to seek help from or being heard by someone with exactly the same feeling. Because when you are confirming the other and the other is confirming your feelings, you'll inevitably get into a downward spiral (a.k.a. the emo circuit).
As I can see in the video, you are feeling very vulnerable, and you are also expressing yourself with this one way kind of communication, called a video blog. The answer you'll hear the most is: "You are absolutely right", but that is, in my opinion, not the correct answer. I will not confirm this dark and vulnerable mode people are making up these days, because that will only get you to think: "I'm vulnerable, I'm depressed... and people say I'm right about it."


hahahah. Well, I'm the only tranny I know! So its quite impossible to speak to someone thats been in a similar situation. However, I'm a tough cookie anyway, so probably wouldn't anyway,
hahaha. Nice psycho-analysis, but I'm not feeling vulnerable. Because of how I am, that is probably the case, but I don't feel it.


James007 wrote:
In my opinion, you should:
  1. Cut down on the emo-lifestyle I'm-being-treated-unfairly-way of thinking. Search for someone positive to communicate with. Don't talk to emo friends, they will only confirm what you say to them. "Yes, the whole world is against us. Pitty us!". You know that most people don't have any problem with you.
  2. Minimize the risk of meeting the wrong person at the wrong moment. It can be done by giving a more positive I'm proud of myself impression, but that is something that will have to be acquired in a later phase.
  3. Cheer up! One person on one single moment doesn't stand up to all those millions of people who don't have a problem with you! Think about the positive side! We love you!!!


1. I'm not "emo" and I don't have many "emo" friends. "emo" means emotional, and its just about always concerns themself. So if I happen to speak to "emo" friends about anything like this, they wouldn't act how you'd expect them to. Thats just stereotyping, like saying don't speak to my "chav" friends because they'll say I obviously deserved it.
Again, I'm the "life's a bitch" person.
I think I made the point in one of the videos (may of been edited out), that most people adore me, there's only a minority that don't accept me, for me.
2. Minimize the risk? To a degree without realising it, I was already. I was with friends. It was a busy sunny saturday afternoon. And the two guys was with a person I knew. Increasing the risk would be to go out late at night, on my own, and see where the night takes me *I'm not that kind of person*.
3. lol. I am happy Smile <------ see! *that was actually an actual smile*


KronikSindrome wrote:
Rock on with your tranny self. Feck what people think,
how you appear does not equal who you are and it's
stupid to change either especialy if you feel forced to
in order to avoid getting beat up.

my suggestion: MACE! MACE AND TAZER GUNS!

next time you spray and zap those bastards! Wink


hahaha, thanks Smile
I completely agree, and feel sorry for the people that do change who they are because others don't accept it.
hahahaha. An amazing idea. However, I live in the UK ... and I would be arrested if they were found on me lol. I don't do jails Wink
Although I have been thinking about protection. If I have to I will fight back like stated, I just don't like to. I'm more of a passive person tbh.
But does anyone know of any proper protection allowed by UK law?, disregarding lethal karate chops to the throat/lots of traning, etc. Like how long a blade can be?


Note: It was my first official uploaded video blog. And its very beneficial for me. Think of it as keeping a diary in video format because that is what it does. I do see a better affect via video than paper diary though I have to admit.

I've uploaded two other video's since then, if anyone is interested in watching them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9x7veCkzwWo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WTgalqkpu0
tidruG
Quote:
I also want to say something. A while back you made a comment about my appearance, to which I over-reacted. I wish to apologize. I didn't mean it to be personal at all, no matter how hurt I was by your comment. My bf died and I was being very unpleasant. I'm sorry for being such a bitch, I honestly didn't mean to.
No worries. It just caught me by surprise because I've generally been very open with you and you've always handled it well before.
wumingsden
tidruG wrote:
Quote:
I also want to say something. A while back you made a comment about my appearance, to which I over-reacted. I wish to apologize. I didn't mean it to be personal at all, no matter how hurt I was by your comment. My bf died and I was being very unpleasant. I'm sorry for being such a bitch, I honestly didn't mean to.
No worries. It just caught me by surprise because I've generally been very open with you and you've always handled it well before.


Indeed. I think you know me well enough to know that I'm completely far from how I acted. Without sounding like a girl, it was a really bad month for me Rolling Eyes for said reasons. I'm generally a nice person, and even when someone personally attacks me (or if I feel like they have done so) I don't always try and defend myself. I don't like confrontation.
Gonzalo
Im very sorry for what you had be go through. Its a shame, for real, the place people take more often in society; its just barbaric to attack becouse of looks. Anyhow, we are not, as people, able yet to develop properly in a social environment, seems to me we still may need a radical change (involving anything) in the gobal clockwork.

*I apologize becouse of my English writing skills.

Gonzalo,
from Buenos Aires.
tidruG
wumingsden wrote:
tidruG wrote:
Quote:
I also want to say something. A while back you made a comment about my appearance, to which I over-reacted. I wish to apologize. I didn't mean it to be personal at all, no matter how hurt I was by your comment. My bf died and I was being very unpleasant. I'm sorry for being such a bitch, I honestly didn't mean to.
No worries. It just caught me by surprise because I've generally been very open with you and you've always handled it well before.


Indeed. I think you know me well enough to know that I'm completely far from how I acted. Without sounding like a girl, it was a really bad month for me Rolling Eyes for said reasons. I'm generally a nice person, and even when someone personally attacks me (or if I feel like they have done so) I don't always try and defend myself. I don't like confrontation.
*rawr* Razz

No worries mate. As I said, I believe you're stronger than most people suspect, and I mean that in more than the physical sense. The only advice I've given to people who have asked for it is to "be yourself". That's nothing more nor anything less than I advise you. Smile
Related topics
Bush 'squandered' post 9/11 goodwill - Gulf press
Join The flock: Another Browser Out To Beat Firefox &
Virus vulnerablitity while gaming
the 9/11 truth
Software piracy
Dogs or Cats ?
Windows freezes with 100% CPU usage.
Is your country on THIS map?
Need someone to help me out. [100 frih$ or a PR 4 link]
Is it a worry about Iran?
the most hypocritical statement of 2008 so far
Attack on Sri Lankan Cricket players in Pakistan.
Email Problems - Please Look
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.