FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Motion Video Capture

Kashinilaya
It is easy to find software for capturing a computer screen, as a snapshot.

I`ve seen tutorials that are like motion video capture of the screen (with and without audio). I believe those tutorials were made with such a software, which would be the perfect tool for that. Does anybody know any software that does that in a Mac OS X environment? Freeware would be most appreciated, but payed options will also be considered.

Thanks.
Kashinilaya
Nobody?
ALTK
Hi there, how are you?

Try CamTwist from:

http://www.allocinit.com/index.php?title=CamTwist

I am a pc user so I cannot test it to see if it is what you want. It is FREEEEEE.

Good luck

Bye
Kashinilaya
Souds promissing, Altk. Thank you for the hint. I'll try it out and place a comment afterwards.
Craeft
Kashinilaya wrote:
It is easy to find software for capturing a computer screen, as a snapshot.

I`ve seen tutorials that are like motion video capture of the screen (with and without audio). I believe those tutorials were made with such a software, which would be the perfect tool for that. Does anybody know any software that does that in a Mac OS X environment? Freeware would be most appreciated, but payed options will also be considered.

Thanks.

I'm little confused at what you're looking for. If you just want to screenshot, then that's no issue. You don't need any extra software for that. If you're actually trying to capture video (as in game capture), FRAPs is my program of choice. It's very simple to use and if you want/need to edit it, throw it into a video editing program (which you would need to do with any vid capture). I use Adobe Premiere and Sony Video Vegas for that.
You can option sound on/off during the record phase... but I've found that leaving the sound on and then pulling it out through the editing process is the best because I may end up capturing something unexpected that I want to keep.

Anyway... that was more rambling than answering, but I hope the answer was there for you. Smile

PS:
Personally, I am not certain if FRAPs is OSX compliant as I am a PC user. But if I remember correctly, a couple of my old guildies are on MACs and they use FRAPs. I could be wrong on that.
bulek
Camtasia studio is one of the most popular screen recording software. You can get it here: http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia.asp
Psycho_X52
Since this topic exists, I won't start another:

Do you know any software for motion capture (real motion capture) where you can move in front of the camera and the software attributes that movement to a character? I know a few for facial tracking, but I want a full scale tracking. (for WinXP or Linux)
Craeft
Psycho_X52 wrote:
Since this topic exists, I won't start another:

Do you know any software for motion capture (real motion capture) where you can move in front of the camera and the software attributes that movement to a character? I know a few for facial tracking, but I want a full scale tracking. (for WinXP or Linux)

I could be wrong on this, but I think that what you are looking for costs tens of thousands of dollars. It's not just software. There's a crap-ton of hardware you need to purchase as well as a very expensive software package. You're talking about green screen with wires hooked to the "actor" and yada yada yada. I really wish I could remember the name of the set-up... and I really should since I am an actor, but too much homebrew makes ya stupid.

Now, like I said... I could be wrong on that (not the homebrew part), so if you find out differently, I would be VERY interested in hearing about it.
Psycho_X52
I get the idea... I've seen some shots at EA (for NFS: Carbon) and they had no cables and dots or special suits like I've seen before.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vGQ4Wua-Kcs -> with markers and cables
http://youtube.com/watch?v=qmlEeGMzjL8 -> without any of those. Just a greenscreen (I do realise that the may have placed thousands of cameras to have a 360 view, but maybe there's a easier way...)
Kashinilaya
So, I found JING at http://www.jingproject.com/. It worked fine for me, except that it only records up tp five minutes of video. Apparently, it has been created to be used in an instant messaging environment. I got some other options too, but didn't have time to test them yet.

Anyway, thanks for the hints, everybody.
fatcat
BB FlashBack
screen recorder software records your Windows desktop to Flash, AVI or WMV movies. Also records commentary and PC sounds and includes powerful