FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Having fun with fullscreen flash

Bondings
Flash 9 has the ability to run fullscreen after a mouse click. Of course this can also be used for other things then movies, like scare users or even malicious stuff. There is a (white) text that says that you can exit fullscreen by pressing Esc, but that one is easily camouflaged, like in the following example:

http://www.bunnyhero.org/2008/05/10/scaring-people-with-fullscreen/

(Please don't forget that you simply need to press on Esc to quit fullscreen mode)
Zuex
hmm, thats not good, i can feel advertisements and ways of hacking people. Being able to cover the ESC makes it even worse.

This full screen thing is going to turn out to be something bad..
Bondings
Zuex wrote:
hmm, thats not good, i can feel advertisements and ways of hacking people. Being able to cover the ESC makes it even worse.

This full screen thing is going to turn out to be something bad..

It's not really new and I don't know about any malicious use of it, as of yet. It's also pretty useful for watching videos online.
riddle
how do you learn how to do that
lastelement0
riddle wrote:
how do you learn how to do that

if you follow the link, you can find they posted the source code for it. im not sure if its a base source code or the code for their specific example, but i can imagine that you can look at the source and find out what you need to change for your own purpose.

as for the uses for this, using it properly is key, but i can imagine some rather good april fools jokes that can be created with this. too bad i have no patience for figuring out how to do it Razz
themit
That's good and could really scare people, but making up blue screens of death would only scare a basic user. Plus, you need to confuse the user with those black ellipses- which would go against many ad campaigns. But, on that second screen, if you can get rid of the flash context menu and mouse while watching, this could be very dangerous indeed!
Nameless
A fullscreen flash! But are they hot or ...

Oh, wait. Nevermind.

Really though, software has had malicious potential for a long, long time. One more possible malicious use isn't going to make that big a difference.