FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Iron Maiden

MetalWolf92
I am seeing Iron Maiden live '08! I am seeing them at the Rosemont, IL show on June 11. Will anyone else be going?
blackheart
How does this topic have no replies?

I mean, I won't be there, but this is Iron Maiden we're talking about. (My boyfriend went to two of their shows while they were touring Aus... missed out on floor tickets but jumped the barrier anywho).

He was joking about jumping the stage too and getting their signatures so he could get them tatooed on permanantly. Haha, but with a fan base like theirs dreams like that are only a joke.

Anywho, good luck for the show, it'll be an amazing night. (I still haven't stopped hearing about how good they are live).

Try not to break a leg,
=> Jess
Helios
I wish I had the time and money to travel to Wacken this year to see them, but unfortunately I don't.
It's really sad for me because I'm a fan for many years, since I was a kid really.
Oh well, I hope I'll still be able to see them live some day... they don't look like they're going to retire any time soon, lol!
liljp617
The Clairvoyant = Insanely great song...along with just about every song by Maiden Very Happy
Terracarnus
Without doubt my favourite band of all time. Saw them live for the first time on the AMOLAD tour - last night of it - truly amazing. I have never seen a band who can play as good live - their songs sound infinitely better live, and that is truly an achievement considering the quality of their albums.

I wanted to see them on this tour but couldn't afford it, oh well, I'll wait for the next tour.
pudovkin
Brazillian '08 tour wasn't that great.
Hope they come in 2009 and make a better live.
gecko
Well, Iron Maiden were always good at concerts - sometimes better, sometimes worse, but always good Twisted Evil

One of the best for me: Fear of the Dark from Rock in Rio, sang along with 100,000 people (am I right?)... Amazing.

There will be Iron Maiden in Poland but - unfortunatelly - that time I'm abroad. But I wish I would be there... Rolling Eyes
smspno
If only I was able to see Iron Maiden live...
spinout
this is the band that can do 3 guitarists at once with a great output!
Phil
Are those guys still around? They were pretty established when I was in high school and that was over 20 years ago.
I was never much into them. Can't say if they were good or bad because I never listened to them. I probably would have liked them because I was really into Sabbath, Zepplin, Deep Purple, Styx...... those kinds of bands.
liljp617
Phil wrote:
Are those guys still around? They were pretty established when I was in high school and that was over 20 years ago.
I was never much into them. Can't say if they were good or bad because I never listened to them. I probably would have liked them because I was really into Sabbath, Zepplin, Deep Purple, Styx...... those kinds of bands.

Very Happy They're as good and popular as they ever were. Actually coming out with a new CD here in the near future. If you're into Sabbath I can pretty much assure you you'd love Maiden. Give them a try.

Couple songs you might want to check out first:

Number of the Beast
The Clairvoyant
Children of the Damned
The Wicker Man
Run to the Hills
2 Minutes To Midnight

Just a couple of the dozens of great songs from Maiden Razz
Rebbbbb
Iron Maiden is god
Farqual
I love Iron Maiden ( My favorite title is "For the greater good of god" !)
Shewolf
Helios wrote:
I wish I had the time and money to travel to Wacken this year to see them, but unfortunately I don't.

That makes the two of us... Crying or Very sad

I've never listened much to Iron Maiden, but I really appreciate what they are doing (ironic, huh?). So, one day when I get the chance I'll really look into their music. Because the glimpses which I've seen of their world seem pretty amazing. And very much alive.
Wuppie
Don't like (heavy) metal. And I don't understand why so much people like it. To me it's just terrible noise...