FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Weird AIM problem

Magicman
I started up AIM for the second time today and although it worked fine before, now my buddy list is gone. I can't even add people back to my buddy list because of some "Unknown Error". I know the whole AIM server isn't down because my sister can log on fine. Does anyone know whats wrong? I've done everything I could possibly think of including restarting and using different computers.
crdowner
Your siste could be using a different AIM server. Even if she is in the same house or neighborhood, it is still possible that she uses a different AIM server.

It sounds more like something with your AIM user account.
Magicman
It must be something with the particular server that my screenname is on because I have linked accounts and the others are fine. The one thats affected is my main screenname so I hope I don't have to transfer everything over to my other accounts. I would think that AOL would have fixed their server problem by now because its been two days. Its odd that I can IM people but I can't use any buddy list functions.
Magicman
Its been almost two weeks since this problem began and it still doesn't work. I would think AOL would have fixed a server problem by now. Does anyone know a way to contact AOL for support with AIM by email or some other online method? I really don't feel like going through their customer service phone system because its usually a hassle.