FRIHOST • FORUMS • SEARCH • FAQ • TOS • BLOGS • COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Evangelion is being remade

QrafTee
I was never satisfied by the ending of the Evangelion series; even the movie left me with something to desire for. I ran into this article at IGN recently and I'm pretty interested that it's being remade. I know there are some Eva fans here so yeah...

Quote:
To avoid spoilers, we won't talk too much about Evangelion 1.0. But to be honest, the story of the first film is 95% the same as the first six episodes of the original series, so there's really not much to spoil. The producers wanted to get started with a solid base for new and old fans alike, so the "retelling" is quite literal in the first film. For the most part, scenes are pretty much the same as they were in the original series but with better animation and better pacing.

The later three films, however, promise to deliver new elements, including:
    New Characters
    New Story Elements
    New Eva Designs (Units 04, 05, and 06)
And, most importantly, a brand new ending

Source: http://anime.ign.com/articles/876/876456p1.html
blk3
It's good that its gonna be different but the question is how different. I'd rather have a prequel or a sequel (if such is possible considering how the original series ended). But to remake it with just a few changes for me I won't be too much satisfied with that. Maybe if they remade it using CG or live action then tat would have been way much better.
crimson_aria
oh it is being remade.

.. i am not exactly thrilled. Evangelion is one of the best anime series imo. so brilliantly done. I know the ending left many people kind of hanging, but I like how dark and twisted it is. Nontheless, I am open to this remake thing and will definitely watch it. Neon Geneses Evangelion is WIN.
Fyrenth
It was a good series yes, and anyone who doesn't pick it up is really missing out.

That being said, I'm interested to see what they would do with a remake. I'll definitely be watching it (and telling my friends to watch it too... <.<)

and crimson_aria, NGE is definitely WIN. =D
gabeos
you aren't talking about "death and rebirth" and "end of evangelion" are you? because those are already out. death and rebirth is a retelling of the first part of the series and half of end of evangelion and end of evangelion is a new ending to the series. one that is far better, if TONS more depressing than the series itself.

I also heard that they were making a live action evangelion film, has anyone else heard that?
votd
Nah, there's a new project - Rebuild of Evangelion that will contain all of the series in remade full lenght movies (4 or something). Well the first movie is out and what could I say? The anime wasn't made from scratch - it was just retouched, with added some new scenes. Of course the art was slightly improved, and some effects were added. I must say that those effects are weird, because they are making the whole picture almost invisible. I know it's special effect, but...

Also the story was a bit changed. As well as audio which was again remastered and re-recorded.
RubySlasher
I'd take a Tokyo Crazy Paradise or BioMeat Nectre anime over an Evangelion remake– any day.

But I guess it makes good business sense to keep flogging a franchise which was already proven a commercial success.

Seiji
I don't know they mine as well just let it stay like it is. Thats like Shinichiro Watanbe adding on to Cowboy Bebop, even though many would like it, its already perfect as it is. Evangelion has remained popular even though the series has ended but there isn't a need for a remake. The manga they had going on a few years back was good enough.
Pikokola
evangelion...
I once like this series, but now I kind of "hate" it... start from the episode with recap of the older episode... episode 14 I think...

and I've watch the death and rebirth and end of bla bla bla... and it's more like a filler of naruto for me... but in this case, it's things to make it longer and get more profit from it while it stil have it's fans...
QrafTee
Pikokola wrote:
evangelion...
I once like this series, but now I kind of "hate" it... start from the episode with recap of the older episode... episode 14 I think...

and I've watch the death and rebirth and end of bla bla bla... and it's more like a filler of naruto for me... but in this case, it's things to make it longer and get more profit from it while it stil have it's fans...

Yeah, the latter episodes really showed how the series degraded... but some fans say it was supposed to be that way. I thought End of Evangelion was sad... when she (omitted name on purpose) regains her senses and tries her hardest to make a comeback only to be devoured like a flock of vultures to a carcass....
McDucque
This is one of those "epic" anime series that I've actually never sat down and watched any of it. I may have to do that if it's being remade. I don't even know what its about, I just know there's robots and there's always an unattractive girl dressed as Rei at the Anime conventions I go to.
QrafTee
McDucque wrote:
This is one of those "epic" anime series that I've actually never sat down and watched any of it. I may have to do that if it's being remade. I don't even know what its about, I just know there's robots and there's always an unattractive girl dressed as Rei at the Anime conventions I go to.

Hahaha, yeah a lot of unattractive girls dress up at anime conventions, but a few good looking ones do too. It's more than just robots--if you want robots, you want Gundam--it has a deep and somewhat sick story which is why it's so "epic."
Kelcey
Will this be made in HD for blu-ray?
QrafTee
Kelcey wrote:
Will this be made in HD for blu-ray?

Maybe when the whole 4-part movie is released, they'll eventually remaster it to HD on Blu-ray. But I can't seem to find any information regarding an HD release for it.
rapadi
a new ending. that would be too cool. the ending was too bad for ,, hmmmm.. i dont know. Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
wild-to-pk-u
finally!!! i cant wait for the remake of it reason why because the last few episodes all they did was talk and talk and talk they didn't do anything besides talk through heads basically which bored the heck out of me they needed more action like first episode or what not. I hated when they talked about nothing like shinge is scared then someone else talks saying no hes shy what not boring as heck though i liked the series it went downhill. cant wait till they get back to focus to me they went off topic by a couple million miles that's just me cant wait for the remakes ^_^
amperx
oh seriously?? good find dude, yeah i was disappointed at eva's ending too, hopefully this one will make it worth while Very Happy