FRIHOSTFORUMSSEARCHFAQTOSBLOGSCOMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Electro, Electro-Rock, Dance,..?

Gushe
Hello Everyone!

I was wondering; Are here actually alot of people who listen to Dance, Electro and thins like that.
And if anyone could recommend me some good artists?

I like to listen to things like Goose, Justice, Bloc Party, Pendulum, Digitalism, Daft Punk,..

So let me know what You think! Wink

Cheers;
~ GuShe.
Athomix
Look at this, that's a very BIG sound, I discover it two week ago, I'm really fan, it's "Sandy Vee - Bleep (Original mix)"

Link to Youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tgRr40Nfd0E

That's my preferate song now.

Other electro song that I like:

Ian Olivier feat Shantel - Bucovina
Oxia - Domino
Benni Benassi - Let it
Ida Endberg - Discovolante
Niels Van Gogh - Pulverturm 2.0
Julian Jeweil - Air conditionne
Santos - Camels
Da fresh - Broken dream
Jean-Claude Ades and Vincent Thomas - Shingaling
R.I.O. - R.I.O. (sandh_project_remix)
Supermode - Tell me why
Ankhanu
I quite dig a lot of analogue synth music... but not much of what I like falls into the electo/dance type of electronic music.
nagra
The Chemical Brothers are one of the most succesfull band. whilw listening them I feel how I do satisfy myself with the music.
Athomix
I don't no if The Chemical Brothers are the most succesfully band, but it's a really good band and I like too this kind of sound. For the rock bands I like too Linkin Park Wink

My actual playlist is:

Syke 'N' Sugarstarr & Alexandra Prince - Are You (Watching Me Watching You)
Switch - A Bit Patchy (Eric Prydz remix)
Alex Gaudino - Destination Calabria (Laidback Luke remix)
Bob Sinclar & Steve Edwards - Together
Dj Lbr feat Mc Shurakano - U Got It (original club mix)
Leg Soup - Wonderland (Soul Avengerz remix)
Be 2 Night Traxx - Not Enough
Roman Flugel - Geht's Noch
Arno Cost & Arias - Magenta (original mix)
Freaks - The Creeps (Youre Giving Me, Vandalism mix)
01_Ida_Corr_vs._Fedde_Le_Grand_-_Let_Me_Think_About_It
05_Dave_Spoon_Feat_Lisa_Maffia_-_Bad_Girl_(At_Night)
07-steve_n_king-bounce
08-erick_e-the_beat_is_rockin
15-frederico_franchi-cream
30Hz_-_Daddio_feat_Yolanda_(Miles_Dyson_Remix)
acid_lab-benny_benassi_-_able_to_love_sfaction_mix-2
Boogie Boys - rock this feeling (Club 7 remix) [www.MP3T.info]
Bucovina feat. Shantel - Ian Oliver's Clubovina Mix [www.MP3T.info]
DJ Furax - Dj Furax - Tuning
Dj Tiesto - Adagio For Strings (Album Mix)
Justice - New Jack (Gritty Prophet mix)
Cicada - The Things you say (Dirty South remix)
Marco V - More Than A Life Away
Johnny Crocket - E For Elektro
LFO - Freak
Leger & Lake - Aqualight (radio edit)
Digitalism - Pogo
Tiësto - Brightmorning
Moss & Szade - you're not alone (radio edit Szade)
Cosmic Gate - Ultra Curve
John Dahlback - Blink
tony
This is a good website I found (actually, my friend recommended it to me). It is a display of many different kinds of electronic music through the years and I have decided it is quite informative/good for finding new artists! Check it out Wink You may enjoy....

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

I must warn you first: it requires flash to view...
Athomix
tony wrote:
This is a good website I found (actually, my friend recommended it to me). It is a display of many different kinds of electronic music through the years and I have decided it is quite informative/good for finding new artists! Check it out Wink You may enjoy....

http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/

I must warn you first: it requires flash to view...

Arrow That's a really good website to view the evolution of the different kind of electronic music in 30 year. I like it really so much Wink

That's too a good website for people who don't know what is really electronic music, it's not just "BOM BOM BOM" with nothing other Wink
schoenstattmx
The best artists are:

Benny Benassi
Daft Punk
Telefunka
Royksopp
Fedde le Grand
Cara Dillion
Royal Gigolos
Alex Gaudino
Above & Beyond
ATB
Axwell, etc.
meeda
Try some Goldfrapp (Black Cherry-Supernature era if you're just into dance/electronic)

and some Portishead and Tricky, though those are mainly trip-hop that sound like thriller/vintage films, but they are pretty electronic.
JinTenshi
I liked Ladytron, DJ Tiesto and alot of other random artists. I feel it's better not to keep to one artist, cause you turn biased thinking whatever ur artist makes is always the best. But that's just what I think. Skipping from artist to artist gives you a wider scope of music. =D
KatanaSky
I really love ATB's stuff - some of my favorite tracks are: "Don't Stop", "Hold You", "Believe In Me", and "Ecstasy"
Jaan
Yeah, electro is phun sometimes... check out Artist of the Year, Deadmau5, Klaas, Dirty South, etc etc... like anything, it's got a pretty wide range
speeDemon
Everyone likes rock!
But in a party, usually you would like to listen to a dance song, rather than Green day playing a song!

I would recommend...... Greenday, BB, Enrique(well... maybe not!), AC/DC and... mm........... LP

Enjoy!

Where to get the songs? Limewire!!!
killerqueen
Mh, electro is good... but not to listen to oftenly. But I think DJTiesto and Benny Benassy rule Wink
catscratches
I do not listen to any electro-bands as I find it to be a pretty boring and repetetive music genre. I do listen to some bands that play Neue Deutsche Härte and Dark Wave though. They are a cross between industrial (a type of electro) and rock / post-punk.

A very good example is ASP (the band, not the server-side scripting language).
projektdeth
Check out any songs by Dj Mystik, very amazing artist.
hein
thievery corporation all the way...
its the electro music i most like...
its not tipical electro by the way..
GiftGuru
The 9 ELECTRIC sound is ELECTRO-ROCK….the collision of electronic music with hard hitting, modern rock. In the likes of their mentors NIN, Manson, Static-X, Zombie, Pendulum, Infected Mushroom and The Prodigy

http://www.9electric.com/home
Josso
Yes, indeed Wink

Pendulum was ok when hold your colour came out, infact I remember them before 08... they were unsigned and releasing random tracks to radio stations, I've got versions of slam/etc that are about a million times better than the actual album. First album was very well produced though I'll give them that, after that it became OVER-produced.

Electro is actually an 80s creation originally (before it became over compressed with stupid little stacatto vocal samples), all the cool 80s analogue sounds and vocoders - absolutely wicked. It originally was a bit of an off shoot of hip hop around at the time. And also dance is massively generalized these days, it can mean anything... dnb, dub, electro, whatever... basically it's an even bigger classification that saying even "electronic music".

See: Juice FM / the Josso Studio stream - I mix so much dance and electro! Will blow your mind...
genesisian
For rock electro dubstep bands go to www.de5tro.com
welshsteve
I prefer the older electro stuff like Depeche Mode, Human League and Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (O.M.D).
lkglacier
welshsteve wrote:
I prefer the older electro stuff like Depeche Mode, Human League and Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark (O.M.D).

Depeche Mode is electro? o.0
filledwallet
electro-dance, but nothing like being on drugs at Goa trance party!