FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Making a online FTP site?

Diablosblizz
Hey, I was wondering if it was against the TOS to make a online FTP site for users to manage their FTP? It doesn't seem to be on the TOS, but I would like to know for sure.

Thanks, and kind regards.
Bondings
Providing ftp accounts to normal internet users, unless you have a special relationship with them, is not allowed.

I'm not sure what you mean by "managing their ftp". Could you please elaborate a bit about what you actually want to do?
Diablosblizz
Aha, I'm aware of the no sharing FTP and I apologize for not being as clear as should be. What I mean is a online FTP client, such as SmartFTP or Filezilla, but on the internet.

This website should provide you an example of what I mean.

Sorry for not being clear.
Bondings
Diablosblizz wrote:
Aha, I'm aware of the no sharing FTP and I apologize for not being as clear as should be. What I mean is a online FTP client, such as SmartFTP or Filezilla, but on the internet.

This website should provide you an example of what I mean.

Sorry for not being clear.

If the ftp part is being done on the client side, like with flash or javascript, then it's ok.

If it's being done by the server side, then definitely no since that would make a lot of abuse possible.
jaap
I have one question, can you make a FTP site here yes or no?
rvec
jaap wrote:
I have one question, can you make a FTP site here yes or no?

depends on what you want the site to do. Read the above posts and you'll see what sites are allowed and what are not.