FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

favorite manga?

drunk3n_f1st
any people who read good manga out there?
orrvaa
oh yes! I am an absolut fan of manga, I watched lots of quality mangas, not just DBZ and stuff.
Manga is so colorful and amazing, everything loves it ^^.
Well for your question, my favorite manga is Gravitation, It's shonen-ai, about gay people, but the main idea is true love, music and a really good plot.
I'd reccoment it for everyone.
13 chapters.
rufa
I really recommend Berserk, Gantz, One Piece & Death Note. They are all great mangas...
roninmedia
Evangelion - Re-Take
Author: Studio Kimigabuchi
Genre: Action, Adult, Doujinshi, Drama, Mature, Mecha, Psychological, Romance, Sci-fi
Volumes/Vintage: 6 Volumes completed from unknown dates.
Description: A alternate version to Neon Genesis Evangelion based in a world that Shinji creates that relives the events of Evangelion. Only this time around, he is aware of what actually happened, but believes those events to be a dark dream of the future. He resolves to make sure that the dream does not become realized. Meanwhile, the Asuka from Shinji's "dream" watches from afar, despising Shinji and the Asuka of his world that he has resolved to protect.
Reason: Quite possibly the best doujinshi and is essentially a must-read for any fan of the Evangelion series.

Yotsubato!
Author: AZUMA Kiyohiko
Genre: Comedy, Seinen, Slice of Life
Volumes/Vintage: 7 Volumes ongoing from 2003 to the present
Description: Yotsuba, a green-haired and wide-eyed girl who doesn't have a clue...about anything! With no knowledge of the world around her, and an unnatural fear of air conditioners, Yotsuba has her new neighbors' heads spinning.
Reason: By the author of Azumanga Daioh and in my opinion is better than Azumanga Daioh.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou

Genre: Sci-fi, Seinen, Slice of Life
Volumes/Vintage: 14 Volumes completed from June June 1994 to February 2006.
Description: This is the story of Alpha Hasseno, an Alpha 7 M2 series robot. Left by her owner, she appears and acts fully human while running a small coffee shop named Cafe Alpha. It is a light-hearted story about the people Alpha comes into contact with behind the backdrop of a futuristic country-side in Japan. As we meet Alpha, she makes a shopping trip to Yokohama.
Reason: This is a different take on the post apocalyptic world. It's a unique and refreshing series and is considered a masterpiece by many. However, if you're looking for loads of action, this probably isn't what you're looking for.
pippin418
I really like Kenshin.
pippin418
I forgot death note...
dude_xyx
My favorite Anime are Naruto, Gundam wing and To Love Ru. They all are good.
arieo
now i'm reading Death Note.. like it can't stand to finish it..
bery wierd sory and cool
gugusm
Hmm, I have never read any manga comics...
filesharing
Dragonball 4ever
the only manga series I've read
Shewolf
pippin418 wrote:
I really like Kenshin.

I would really like to read Kenshin, as I've only watched a bit of the anime, and the OVAs.
My favourite mangas are Blade of the Immortal and Hellsing. Just for the fun of it, really Very Happy
Pikokola
Yotsubato
Mr. Fullswing
Q.E.D
Kunimitsu
etc etc etc

there's lots of good manga, many of them better than the current mainstream manga like naruto, bleach, one piece, or suzumiya haruhi...
Revvion
-Bio Booster Armor Guyver
-Detective Conan (the manga)
Are good manga but there are a lot Very Happy

Lots of manga info can be found at: http://www.mangaupdates.com/
Mrs Lycos
I love the shoujo manga.

This mangas:

-Akuma de Sourou
-Midori no Hibi
-Forest Of the grey city
-Karekano
-Meru Puri
Pikokola
lycos, try Hatsukoi Limited, Ichigo 100%, and salad days
they have good story line imo
ichigo 100% have lots of fanservice tough (yeah, that panty shot and man's ecchi dreams)
ayman
My favorate Manga is Naruto and Bleach Manga.

and the best site for them is managshare.com it is amaizing site.
wonderline
Mmm.. I'd say..
Naruto and Bleach.
Iono.. I really have a favourite but I'm reading them.
faithmichi
I would definitely recommend you to read Peach Girl, its charming and you fall in love and hate the characters in an instant. It's full of drama and surprises. It makes you want to tear the book apart but keep coming back to read more. You feel the frustration of the protagonist, and that is very powerful for a manga. a MUST read.
RubySlasher
Glass Mask is a wonderful drama fest, as is Skip Beat. Biomeat Nectre is also pretty lovable despite how gruesome it is. 7 Seeds is also promising. As for things that have been released in English? Tactics, You Nitwit! Heroes Are Extinct!, and... Pokemon Adventures. >:3
reiika101
Some of my favorite mangas are mostly shoujo; like:
    Fruits Basket
    Ouran Host Club
    D.N. Angel
    Cardcaptor Sakura
meeda
Death Note is simply captivating and extremely well written.
ddukki
meeda wrote:
Death Note is simply captivating and extremely well written.

I was a little disappointed with how it ended, but I guess it couldn't end any differently [sorry for the vagueness, but I'm trying to keep out spoilers.] A little bland, I should say.

I'm still reading Naruto, even though things have slowed down considerably since the first story arc. It's still interesting, and I'm glad that it hasn't died completely.

Bleach, while slow, now is starting to pick up again in pace, so I'm really excited to see how the rest plays out. Great manga, if anyone hasn't picked it up yet and started reading. I thought the Land of the Espada was going to be as boring as the landscape, but surprisingly, it's quite the contrary.

Tsubasa's probably the only manga that I read through the English version, no scanlations. It's a great counterpoint to the other action-oriented mangas, having an obvious love story. I can't wait to see how it ends!

I've started Fate / Stay Night, but I don't really have an opinion formed yet. Very cliche, yet it has it's own perks and original spots that I wouldn't have put together myself. Not to say that it doesn't work, I just haven't read enough to really form an honest opinion.

My two cents, I guess.
amperx
mine would be bleach, sword clashing action Very Happy
Subaru
From Manga... I only read Naruto for now...later maybe I will try to find some time for Death Note or something...
Trove-DnD
i really like DeathNote, Bleach, FullMetal Alchemist, and Hellsing
LaCalle
If difficult to say 'cause there's a lot of good mangas out there...

I've not read a lot of them 'cause I don't have to much free time but people tell me that Death note has a good drawing and good story...

The one I read last time was Love Hina and months later I tried to watch the anime but I couldn't 'cause It was totally different...

Well, I recomend that before asking we should read and discover by ourselves which are better.
ctrl_alt_delete
Vagabond series by Takehiko Inoue (hope I got the name right!), he's the same guy who bought us the highly addictive "SlumDunk" manga series and anime. It has a bit of mature content but if you look at the premise of the story, you'll understand why it's there. Great art work with great storytelling. If you are a fun of samurai series then you have to read this one. The plot is also well knitted.

"Invincible in under the sun"
"Way of the sword!"

--cool stuff--
dude_xyx
Well I checked Bleach Manga but I think Bleach Anime is more interesting than than Manga. Just like Naruto first 1 2 episodes are nothing but after that it got more interesting.
Pikokola
ddukki wrote:

Tsubasa's probably the only manga that I read through the English version, no scanlations. It's a great counterpoint to the other action-oriented mangas, having an obvious love story. I can't wait to see how it ends!

Tsubasa is... Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicle by clamp?
Sometimes I mistaken it by Captain Tsubasa, or another Tsubasa...

Quote:
The one I read last time was Love Hina and months later I tried to watch the anime but I couldn't 'cause It was totally different...

If you've read love hina, you should read Mahou Sensei Negima, writen by same mangaka, and it's good imo.
hein
Berserk all the way...
best manga ever (my taste of course)...
dark fantasy.. anti-heroe.. really bad guys... emotive.. not for weak hearths...
violence as it should be on medieval setting.. so.. u can espect grotesc esencs...
and awesome drawnings..

the only bad point.. are relesese timings :S about 3moths or more each chapter T_T... but well.. draws.. are really really great... so it make sense...
luan176
I like Bleach, read and downloading many of them.

Abs
Jakon
torboxz
My personal favourite is One Piece. It's an adventure beyond adventure. In my humble opinion, the manga portrays our real life, about the government, the bad people, the good people and sometimes, clearly shows that the so-called 'government' is the one behind all the bad things that had happened. And of course it shows how good-natured person will always (eventually) wins.
kacsababa
My fav was Berserk too, but the latest releases are a little disappointment.
I'm not a big manga reader, mostly stick with animes.
evilgeniuself
I read quite a lot of manga, and my favorite would most likely be +Anima, with the main characters Cooro, Husky, Senri, Nana and Rose. It has a very nice story, yet only has ten volumes....
Xzoz
My favorites are Power!, Tankz, Bleach and One Piece, going to start reading other mangas soon enough, but now they and webcomics occupy my precious time.
bloodrider
Although I'm more founding of anime sometimes I read some manga.
I would say naruto is my favorite, I don't know why Razz
amperx
my fave manga would be, one piece, soul eater and bleach, and naruto too Very Happy
Xrave
My favorite is Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles. It's truly epic. what's one piece about btw?
muffinman187
my favorite anime is escaflowne, akira, macross plus.
paskifire
i'll recommend one piece woohoooo impel down battle (can't wait the next chapter)
fullmetalalki
yah, im a big fan of one piece as well, i just reread all the chapters. for other fans, i recommend onemanga.com for all your manga needs, its got everything Very Happy

rave master was really good as well although i don't like how the series seems to have ended. translators have halted translations even though later chapters were already released. so we're left with this gapping whole and of course i cannot read ahead without finding out what happened between those two eras.
Zombie
FMA is pretty much the only manga I ever read, and the first series I ever watched. It is still my favorite in both categories.
gazaraki
Death note obviously. everyone go and read it.
ovg8
Sup, Favourite mangas are Shaman King, Watashi no Kyuseishu sama and King of Bandits Jing. The anime for shaman king is really bad though so dont watch it its better to actually read it.
amperx
favorite manga is one piece, soul eater(on going) and bleach
cozziekuns
I have 2 favourite manga's which are Puchimon and Hayate no Gotoku. Puchimon because the drawing style is very cute and the storyline reminds me of my MMORPG playing dadys. Hayate no Gotoku because its humorous.
jigoku05
Here are the ones I'm reading right now. most are ongoing

GTO: Shonan 14 Days
Area no Kishi
Bakuman
Fairy Tail
Crows
Beelzebub
Claymore
Hajime no Ippo
Kamen Teacher
Skip Beat!
To Aru Kagaku no Choudenjibou
Baka To Test To Shoukanjuu
Akuma to Love Song
GE(good ending)
One Piece

The bolded ones are very good new mangas...
jigoku05
paskifire wrote:
i'll recommend one piece woohoooo impel down battle (can't wait the next chapter)

Uoy andito ka?

Yeah latest chapter, White Beard crew battling the marines!

War White Beard!!!
menino
I loved avatar : last airbender and I heard they were making a movie out of it.
I also loved Full Metal Alchemist
and now currently watching bleach, which I also like a lot.
jigoku05
menino wrote:
I loved avatar : last airbender and I heard they were making a movie out of it.
I also loved Full Metal Alchemist
and now currently watching bleach, which I also like a lot.

You realize this is the "favorite Manga" thread right?
Auctus
rufa wrote:
I really recommend Berserk, Gantz, One Piece & Death Note. They are all great mangas...

One piece and death note I like as anime.

I have absolutely no manga rival for berserk. It's hands down my favorite manga, and one of my favorite stories in any medium.
jigoku05
Auctus wrote:
rufa wrote:

One piece and death note I like as anime.

I have absolutely no manga rival for berserk. It's hands down my favorite manga, and one of my favorite stories in any medium.

Are you reading Claymore? If not read it you might like it.
paskifire
One piece - FTW! on-going series.. Suzuka if you want some romance, slice of life, school life story. Rosario Vampire I and II mix of comedy, school life, action, horror(can I consider this as horror?! Well there's a vampire on the title but seriously, I can't consider it as horror). Naruto, Bleach, Ichigo 100% if you want some naughty scenarios Very Happy and many more.[/b]
paskifire
jigoku05 wrote:
paskifire wrote:

Uoy andito ka?

Yeah latest chapter, White Beard crew battling the marines!

War White Beard!!!

Yeah I'm here and you're there.. We're everywhere! Very Happy
jigoku05
Hey everyone read Bakuman, It's about the ins and outs of being a mangaka(japanese term for comic artist). You'll know what typically happen inside Shueisha(publisher of shonen jump> which feature Naruto, Bleach, One Piece).
And BTW, it's from the same author and artist of Deathnote.
paskifire
jigoku05 wrote:
Hey everyone read Bakuman, It's about the ins and outs of being a mangaka(japanese term for comic artist). You'll know what typically happen inside Shueisha(publisher of shonen jump> which feature Naruto, Bleach, One Piece).
And BTW, it's from the same author and artist of Deathnote.

Hey I heard that you're an aspiring mangaka dude Very Happy keep up the good work. I'll support you all the way... highway! Very Happy
jigoku05
pakyu dis is por you ,,i,,(o_0),,i,,
Gomamon
For me, it's 20th Century Boys - what a masterpiece. I love the storytelling techniques and just generally how the story unfolds. It kind of faltered near the end, but still a great series IMO.