FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Mexico City

a_webber
Hey all - i am on course for a wedding in Mexico at the end of August, and being a traditional Englishman, how safe will i be !! i have read worrying reports about incidents happening their but doesnt this happen in every city in the world?

If you have had any experience in Mexico City, this is the place to let me know !!

All knowledge welcome.
Afaceinthematrix
Don't be showy and carry expensive stuff around with you. Stay low profile, especially if you don't speak the language or look like everyone else. Mexico can be dangerous, but every time I go there I end up fine because I go low-profile.
riddle
definately dont drink the water, and be careful of the people around you . alot of theives and hustlers there
Afaceinthematrix
riddle wrote:
definately dont drink the water, and be careful of the people around you . alot of theives and hustlers there

Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention that also in my post. Depending on how your stomach is, you may not want to drink the water or eat vegetables. Many times they wash vegetables in that water, and it can make you sick.
ocalhoun
Everything I've ever read about visiting Mexico has said that the whole country is great, except avoid Mexico City and all the border towns.

It gets pretty crazy there (especially the traffic; don't plan on driving yourself without being used to it), there is a high crime rate, but it is mostly petty crime and not physically dangerous.
Melacos
I'm from Denmark, and have visited Mexico 3 times so far... It is by far my favorite destination, and even though I do not resemble a mexican on the outside, I've done fine on all the trips...
The things you hear about those places, are singled-out events, that could happen eveywhere.. With this said, you'd still want to be somewhat careful. In Mexico City you shouldn't wander around alone after dark, and make sure you don't carry too much money on you at any time.
But what it comes down to, is plain common sense - go by your gut-feeling in the concrete situation..