FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

David Beckham - England Soccer Superstar or Hollywood Star?

a_webber
Is he really a great footballer, or is he better infront of a camera, your views please:
rafifaisal
Well, let me state it this way.
He became a Hollywood star thanks to his soccer stardom.
Let us be fair to him. We can't deny the football tallents he has.
He has proved enough in the past that he is a great football player and a great tallent.
It is normal he got introduced in Hollywood, thanks to his wife.

hey i am an expert on security cameras just because my wife happens to work in that branch Laughing
standready
Neither
bonestorm74
Probably a bit of both I would say. He started off by being a talented footballer, and in addition to that he's got the hollywood looks, so he's got the best of both worlds. Wink
truespeed
He has the looks,but his voice is too twee, he sounds more like ashley from corrie than a harrison ford.
the-guide
Of course, he is a super soccer star and great in football especially for English. Moreover, he also makes a lot more money every time stands in front of the camera! Surprised
LimpFish
Well what does it matter how good he is, when he's playin in one of the crappiest football leagues there are. Even if he'd be the best player in the world, that wouldnt help when playin with teammates that are on the level that the other players in the MLS, or whatever its called, are.
rafifaisal
LimpFish wrote:
Well what does it matter how good he is, when he's playin in one of the crappiest football leagues there are. Even if he'd be the best player in the world, that wouldnt help when playin with teammates that are on the level that the other players in the MLS, or whatever its called, are.

Hmm, I think he has proved himself playing in two of the best and toughest leagues in the world.
Playing for two of the best teams in the world (Man. Utd and Real Madrid) he has nothing to prove anymore my dear friend.
jsymac
He's a fantastic football player, Who's proved himself at club and international level.
carlospro7
He is a good soccer player, but he's not a player to die for. I think people idiolize him now more because of his Hollywood career than his football career. I think he's overrated at soccer
LimpFish
He's a good player no doubt, i never said he wasn't. I just said that it's a waste to put good soccer players in the american soccer league, since it kinda sucks.
fenveteknoloji
some football star some hollywood star
but he is a great star Laughing
SpellcasterDX
He's a good player I suppose, although, to be honest, all he really does is make amazing crosses and take uber free kicks. (Not saying that sarcastically. I mean it. He makes some out of this world crosses.)

Other than that, well, he's only famous as a hollywood celebrity, not a soccer player.
erlendhg
I think he has become more and more of a Hollywood star (of the slick kind).

But, as many of you already have said, he really is a skilled (and legendary, perhaps?) soccer player. I don't like him, but I have to admit it.
rafifaisal
Hmm looks like Becks is following our conversations over here at Frihost Very Happy
To proove his critics so wrong, he score a mighty goal for his team LA Galaxy against Kansas City.

He kicks the leather over 70 meters against the nets to bring his team to 3-1 and keep them at the top of the league

Just watch this clip of the goal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8BKFKFTs-1w
SpellcasterDX
rafifaisal wrote:
Hmm looks like Becks is following our conversations over here at Frihost Very Happy
To proove his critics so wrong, he score a mighty goal for his team LA Galaxy against Kansas City.

He kicks the leather over 70 meters against the nets to bring his team to 3-1 and keep them at the top of the league

Well that's what I'm talking about, he is a good player. He does awesome things once in a while, and he scores goals and makes good crosses, but, he's famous just cause he's Beckham. Not really cause of his skills.
r4inm4ker
SpellcasterDX wrote:

Well that's what I'm talking about, he is a good player. He does awesome things once in a while, and he scores goals and makes good crosses, but, he's famous just cause he's Beckham. Not really cause of his skills.

Well, it's his skills that made him famous at first. If he's just "another football player who married Victoria", then he wouldn't be as famous as now. He has superb free kick, superb cross, good passing, high work-rate, and willing to defend. Any team will be more than happy to get this kind of player. He has very good attitude on and off field (at least in training ). From what i read in various source, often he is the person who came first and stayed late in training sessions.

Don't get me wrong, i'm not a fan of beckham at all. In fact, i used to hate him back in his MU days (LOL). But after seeing his attitude and reading some bio about him, my respect grows more and more.
So don't agree with people who said he's famous just because he's good-looking and married a superstar.
carl_fernandes
He does have some good football skills there is no doubt about that..
Arseniy
Beckham is stupid. He is metrosexual and just pretty without any brains.
Noone likes him I think.
Pochettino
he is a super football player, to bad hes in america now tho :s
indianinworld
If you would have ever watched a foot ball match, then you would not have asked such a question. Laughing

He is ofcourse a super star foot ball player.

Keep Smiling !!! - Keep Living !!!!!!!!!!!

indianinworld
Arseniy wrote:
Beckham is stupid. He is metrosexual and just pretty without any brains.
Noone likes him I think.

None likes him or not... What i see from this is, you don't like him and you never liked him Shocked

Keep Smiling - Keep Living !!!!!!

media-flow
OI OI

i think that david beckham should come back to England and play for Manchester United again!!!

i know he plays for England but i dont think that's enough!

STAY SAFE ALL!
--@~@:://###\\::@~@--
Mikey B !?!
deanhills
Think David Beckham is making the best of his life. He definitely has the talent and has made the most of everything in every way, including business. He also has a lovely family. One could possibly say he has it all. He is committed to a good life and has to be disciplined and focussed to stay with it, instead of losing it.

I cannot imagine him staying long in the States. Maybe it is a new experience for him as well as an opportunity for business. But England and Europe is his home with lots of pull in it. Could imagine that he would like his children to grow up in England, and as David gets older, teach other children a good game of football like Pele used to do at one stage.
KronikSindrome
soccer is lame...and the spice girls are too....

deanhills
Quote:
soccer is lame...and the spice girls are too....

I do agree with the spice girls and I think they agree too, however what do you mean about soccer being lame? Am curious about your reasons. Smile
poppat
I don't think much to his looks. It is often the case that the majority of his fans (who are not interested in football) have grown to like him after a prolonged period of his image being thrust down our throats. He is still a great footballer, but with his advancing years, in football terms, I don't know how long he will be at the top of his game. It was nice to see him play for England again because of his quality as opposed to him just being given a favour to make his 100th appearance. I think he deserves more credit for his passing ability and free kick taking.

Let's not forsake our Englich footballing greats just because he has become an American idol.

poppat
ankitdatashn
May be both ways, you never know what a person may achieve in his life, but seriously saying I have never watched david play on the field, and for hollywood movies I would not prefer him.
poppat
By the way......

Soccer is seen as lame by some because they say it a lot of fuss over kicking a ball into a net.

Any action can be dumbed down to its naked form, but it is the significance it holds to many people that counts. If you don't like football, go talk about something that you do like.

poppat
carlospro7
rafifaisal wrote:

Haha, Laughing 70 meters. With an open goal anybody in the galaxy team, or any soccer player, could have scored that goal, really. When I read 70 meters. I thought, wow, but when I saw that the goal was totally open, ha, please.

Beckham IS a good a player, but this goal does NOT prove that. Laughing
KronikSindrome
I don't like anything that isn't a full contact sport...

-is all about football- just not that kind

big g irls play hard Cool

Laughing Laughing Laughing
SpellcasterDX
carlospro7 wrote:
rafifaisal wrote:

Haha, Laughing 70 meters. With an open goal anybody in the galaxy team, or any soccer player, could have scored that goal, really. When I read 70 meters. I thought, wow, but when I saw that the goal was totally open, ha, please.

Beckham IS a good a player, but this goal does NOT prove that. Laughing

Yes, well, not everyone has good accuracy and not everybody can give it the right amount of power.

Shooting it from 70 meters out is actually quite hard. Let's see you try shooting it with the right amount of power and with good accuracy from 70 meters out. Wink

Shoot it too hard and it goes over/past the goal. Shoot it too weak and somebody can go and save the shot. Aim too hight up it'll go over the crossbar. Too low and it might get intercepted. Too far to the side, it'll go wide of the post.

I mean, Beckham isn't my favorite player, but you gotta give him credit, ya know. He can still take some amazing free kicks and make some outrageous crosses/passes.
meet in rio
I don't know the first thing about football, but as far as Hollywood stardom goes I would never be able to watch him talking on screen for more than ten seconds. His voice is hideously mismatched with his body and I don't care much for the way he styles himself. That doesn't matter, though, does it: he's a very decent football player.
ptfrances
Beckam is both a wonderful football player and a Hollywood star.
But I prefer 100 times when he plays than to see him with Victoria on The Mirror

Laughing
deanhills
ptfrances wrote:
Beckam is both a wonderful football player and a Hollywood star.
But I prefer 100 times when he plays than to see him with Victoria on The Mirror

Think you have a point there. Sometimes get the feeling as though he is being dragged along a model ramp by Posh when they are photographed in public. But who knows, maybe when they are out of the limelight there may be a much more relaxed Victoria. But you are right, his best act is that of football. He does that well. Anything else looks a little artsy fartsy Smile
bellebello
Beckham is overrated as a player. His freekicks are great but that's bout it. Don't think he'll ever play for england again.
Maserman
he was the best free kick taker in the world by far but was still overrated....

nowadays he sells his image to anything for money

why leave real madrid to play in the us ???

oc hes more of s star now Cool