FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

racing pigeons, anyone?

nigam
In Taiwan Pigeon Racing is really a no. 1 sports in their Country. as will as Belgium. Here in the Philippines we've been into this sports for how many years also. Since I was a kid about 8 years old I am raising these kinds of birds, but now that I grow up and able to afford good birds... I bought some of my breeders from Belgium. In our club, we've been racing our birds for approximately 300kms. to 750kms. in the Philippine archipelago. It's really a nice hobby and sports. Please see the links below for our Club WebSite and other clubs...

www.mcrpa.yjobz.com
www.pipa.be ---> from here you can see a lot of links for pigeon racing, tips and feeding guides...

Thanks.
bonestorm74
Can't say I'm really interested in that, but good luck to you if you like it.
WhistleTurning
Really was a big sport (if you can call it that) in the UK especially in the Noth of England. Many a bloke had a pigeon loft in his back yard and avidly raced the birds. Each breeder looking for that speedy pigeon who would win many racres. You hear many storie of the bird which would not land but keep circling the loft and an impatient owner shooting the bird down in order to get at the timing ring the bird carried Rolling Eyes These days however with the widening of interests the sport has somewhat declined.
gandalfthegrey
I saw on the news that a Canadian pigeon breeding company just went bankrupt and that hundreds of farmers are stuck with pigeons that no one wants.
hersandal
I never heard of that story, can you send me a link for more information with regard on that Canadian Breeding company that has been bankrupt...