FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!

Non-playable Music Files?

KatanaSky
Hi all,

Thought I'd post this here since I've been wondering if there's a way to do this for a while now.

Is there any way I can scan all of my music files in my computer and pull all of the tracks that cannot be played so I can delete them without having to click and listen to every single song to see if it will play?
rohan2kool
A very complicated workaround i can think of is.. first load all your music files in the iTunes library. Also, set the iTunes library to keep a copy of the files in it's own folder. When you do this, music files that don't play will NOT be loaded into the library and only the playing files will be stored in the iTunes music folder.

Once you've done that.. delete ALL the music files on your computer EXCEPT the music files in your iTunes music folder. Once you've deleted it, all you have is proper, playing music files in your iTunes music library.

Other music libraries, like Winamp for instance don't support two features: firstly, it loads all files, invalid or not and secondly, it does not allow you to store files in some other location.
FunDa
KatanaSky wrote:
Is there any way I can scan all of my music files in my computer and pull all of the tracks that cannot be played so I can delete them without having to click and listen to every single song to see if it will play?

Ummm... Why won't the music play ?

Corrupted file ? Or just some other format ? I use VLC Media player

and Mplayer and sometime SMplayer, so any audio or video file play in them. You can use one of these software if your music doesn't play because its a different format.

If you really want the music to play in Winamp or media player, get the codecs, or if you want them to play in your mp3 player, use the free conversion software called SUPER

SUPER is just a GUI skin over the free audio and video conversion command line tools.

Just Google for SMplayer and SUPER (Both are free) In fact all good softwares in life come free. Smile
badai
for mp3, you can use mp3checker.

http://www.convivea.com/product.php?id=1

note that, it check for damaged mp3, not unplayable. you can still play damaged mp3.