FRIHOST FORUMS SEARCH FAQ TOS BLOGS COMPETITIONS
You are invited to Log in or Register a free Frihost Account!


The official :P emoticon





Boffel
Is it just me or does it looks like this: Razz smiley is a smile and not a tongue?

I hate to use it, because it doesn't show the same face as this does
Code:
:P


And its sad, because this is the emoticon that all forums use. Why doesnt they change it?

What do you think about it?
MrBlueSky


Most of those phpBB smileys are ugly, by the way.
mathiaus
The smile or grin shows a white mouth because of the teeth, this shows a tongue, hence why it is red. It's NOT an open red mouth, its a red tongue sticking out!

Simple.
Arnie
While there's a topic on smileys anyway, one of them has an illegal character code that interferes with the site's scripting. -->
MrBlueSky
mathiaus wrote:
It's NOT an open red mouth, its a red tongue sticking out!


The poor thing must be a crappy kisser with such a tiny tongue Crying or Very sad
mathiaus
MrBlueSky wrote:
The poor thing must be a crappy kisser with such a tiny tongue Crying or Very sad


It probably makes up for that deficiency in other departments Wink
MrBlueSky
mathiaus wrote:


It probably makes up for that deficiency in other departments Wink


LOL. That would explain why he looks so happy. Surprised
Arnie
I think phpBB's smilies are fine btw because they (nearly?) fit in a line of text. Some forums have default ones that stretch the height of your entire line when using them.

As
you Arrow
can
see
here. Idea
MrBlueSky
Arnie wrote:
I think phpBB's smileys are fine btw because they (nearly?) fit in a line of text.


Yes, that's definitely a pro. But they are not good-looking. For example:

Razz vs
Wink vs
Smile vs

(Smileys from http://tweakers.net)
hlavco
Yeah, I like MrBlueSkys' smiley's better. I think the default wink is even worse than the default :P. The wink doesn't look much like a wink to me, just a sort of sideways glance.
Arnie
I disagree, the Tweakers/Fok! smileys have this 13yo-roflcopter feeling to them. But then again, some may argue that's exactly what Frihost needs. As far as I'm concerned, maybe text smileys (no images at all) would be better and stimulating creativity.. ;-(((( "arr"
Nameless
Hey wait guys, I've figured out the perfect solution:

Don't use emoticons!

*Pokes out tongue in demonstration*
saratdear
I mainly use phpBB type forums, so I don't care about these. Never did I actually realise that it was a tongue, just a different kind of smile. And why does the Wink have to smile sideways just to wink?

EDIT : 700th post! Very Happy
Zuex
mathiaus wrote:
The smile or grin shows a white mouth because of the teeth, this shows a tongue, hence why it is red. It's NOT an open red mouth, its a red tongue sticking out!

Simple.

Exactly, i can see it, look at your screen closer. Razz
tidruG
Well, personally that's one smiley I usually love using. It's just a pity that the default Razz smiley in phpBB is that one. My favourite is the one that's on MSN Messenger, though the one on Yahoo Messenger is not bad either... >Razz is awesome on Yahoo though.

As for the wink, I actually love Wink . I think it's brilliant. It's not quite a complete wink, but it manages to portray an inherent naughtiness in it, eh? ;)

EDIT: 5500th post. Very Happy
MrBlueSky
Arnie wrote:
I disagree, the Tweakers/Fok! smileys have this 13yo-roflcopter feeling to them.


Hmm, I have the exact opposite. The T/F smileys look clean, and kind of professional to me. Altough they lose some of that image when you consider were they come from.. Razz Ah, well, it's all subjective anyway.
Related topics
Official, what are you listening to at the moment thread!
New smilies
Skinning Wordpress
what do you think about frontpage
PHP: Feedback form issues.. help =P
[SUGGESTION] Crack down on spelling, grammar and spam
Examples of websites built by frihost?
Hellgate: London
Fantastico Issues.
An official thread for Windows Live Mail
uncoded code ! :P
Do you use proper grammar and spelling in your posts?
Watch out Animal, I now have an emoticon :P
US Defence Official is sold for a few dollars
Reply to topic    Frihost Forum Index -> General -> General Chat

FRIHOST HOME | FAQ | TOS | ABOUT US | CONTACT US | SITE MAP
© 2005-2011 Frihost, forums powered by phpBB.